Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? (2617 Views)

I Am A Catholic Priest, But I Wish ‘nigerian Christianity’ Dead And Buried / Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? / Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2017
I despair at the hopelessness of the situation with Nigerian Christians, their worship of a multitude and diverse range of frauds parading as Men of God is just so sad, depressing and annoying.

When will these people get a freaking brain and start to think for themselves and make REAL PROGRESS in their lives and that of others. Their lives are built on false hope , empty promises and useless prophecies that even a 10 year old can concoct in seconds.

As religion has proliferated , standards of education have fallen to rock bottom , true spirituality lost and compassionate humaneness has been totally obliterated. Yet these people keep clinging to the vain talk of charlatans parading as men of God , hoping that by some sheer luck they will hit it big while their lives are anything but a reflection of the true Christ.

These people have been deceived by false christs and false prophets and have been lured by money and materialism away from the one and true God. How dare they think that God can be bribed with tithes and offerings, with firstfruits and with all sorts of crazy so called monetary gifts to their idol ( pastor ) hoping that God will multiply blessings.

From corrupt politicians to the common scammer , they all troop to their temples on Sunday to bribe their god for more money, more houses and more cars, what a sorry sight it is to behold.

And these men of god many of whom are scammers, threaten the deluded sheeple with twisted Scripture , a mythical hell fire and tall tales of how they became rich ( yeah right ) , and the sad thing is that they are believed, even worshipped and addressed as daddy and mummy GO , YUK !!

These so called christians will rail curses at anyone who dares to challenge the authenticity of their idols ( MOG ) and can even kill for their idol if the opportunity were to present itself. They are almost a lost cause but for the mercy of God that keeps offering them a glimmer of hope, if by some chance they will recover from this gross foolishness, abandon these charlatans and follow the true CHRIST.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by felixomor: 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2017
You that is criticizing, and blaming church for almost everything...

Who u epp?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 02, 2017
felixomor:

Who u epp?

What does 'epp' mean please in REAL english ?

Besides no one is blaming the church, we are talking of a disease that is afflicting the Nigerian church .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by felixomor: 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2017
frosbel2:

What does 'epp' mean please in REAL english ?

Besides no one is blaming the church, we are talking of a disease that is afflicting the Nigerian church .

And who made u d doctor that diagnoses church disease?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
felixomor:

And who made u d doctor that diagnoses church disease?

smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by CatfishBilly: 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2017
frosbel2:

smiley
It's a self fulfilling prophecy grin
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2017
it's well

majority of Nigerian Christians aren't on the right part some do what the Bible say they shouldn't do

some don't believe Christ words
some don't believe the Bible

they only believe prophets
some go to church and can't tell if they are saved or not majority doesn't know what Christ accomplished on the cross
they'd go to church only like it what get them saved and neglect keeping their bodies some praise pastors and not God

some profess Christ in mouth and not heart

may God help Nigerian and Christians all over the world should read their Bible
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by CandidSeeker(m): 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2017
I share your concern and have been to and left many churches, once I see the level of brainwashing and manipulation going on.

I have since discovered that God has a way of getting enlightenment to every sincere believer that is given to study and proving of all spirits(...knowledge shall increase - Dan.12:4).

We must understand 'THE ETERNAL PURPOSE OF GOD' (Epesians.3:9-11) and become an expression of 'THE NEW COVENANT' (Colosians.1:9-10).

Our responsility is to be 'the light' through the 'covenant life' wherever we find ourselves. The work of God is to BECOME THE SON and give HIM to others.

-Peace.
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by luvmijeje(f): 5:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
OP, what's the solution? You have diagnosed the issue of Nigeria .......Church. Though I'm trying to understand the relationship between church and the state of the country? Does the church have direct access to the money been stolen by the politicians? Does the church have EFCC policing Christians who are taking part in the stealing? Did the church put a gun on our politician's head and force them not to do the right thing for the people? Please expantiate on your accusation.
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by CandidSeeker(m): 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
luvmijeje:
OP, what's the solution? You have diagnosed the issue of Nigeria .......Church. Though I'm trying to understand the relationship between church and the state of the country? Does the church have direct access to the money been stolen by the politicians? Does the church have EFCC policing Christians who are taking part in the stealing? Did the church put a gun on our politician's head and force them not to do the right thing for the people? Please expantiate on your accusation.

The 'model' of The Early Church is not what is running in our country today.

The issue is that of MOTIVE:
-The leaders are only using The Name of Jesus to make themselves important. The are running ministry as business and in competition with world standards.
-The gullible followers are deceived into focusing on self and personal needs instead of being reasonable like 'The Berean Christians'.

-Peace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by luvmijeje(f): 10:28am On Mar 06, 2017
CandidSeeker:

The 'model' of The Early Church is not what is running in our country today.

The issue is that of MOTIVE:
-The leaders are only using The Name of Jesus to make themselves important. The are running ministry as business and in competition with world standards.
-The gullible followers are deceived into focusing on self and personal needs instead of being reasonable like 'The Berean Christians'.

-Peace.
Please stop generalizing. If you're truly a Christian you would have read Matt 24:24

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Inasmuch there are false prophets, God is also raising up his own army.
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by dalaman: 10:35am On Mar 06, 2017
felixomor:

Who u epp?

Aprt from enriching the lives of their GO'S and those close to their GO's what has the Nigerian church done to the life of the average christian apart from lie to them and take their money? What has your church done to you? If you need 1 million naira today to save your life, can you approch your pastor and tell him to help you?
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by felixomor: 10:47am On Mar 06, 2017
dalaman:

Aprt from enriching the lives of their GO'S and those close to their GO's what has the Nigerian church done to the life of the average christian apart from lie to them and take their money? What has your church done to you? If you need 1 million naira today to save your life, can you approch your pastor and tell him to help you?

This is why i always say you people always choose to see what you always want to see.....

There are tens of threads even on this website on how Pastors Helped people.

It's people like u who will still go to such threads and say its "publicity stunt." ...

Can u ever be satisfied?
The answer is NO.
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by dalaman: 11:12am On Mar 06, 2017
felixomor:

This is why i always say you people always choose to see what you always want to see.....

There are tens of threads even on this website on how Pastors Helped people.

It's people like u who will still go to such threads and say its "publicity stunt." ...

Can u ever be satisfied?
The answer is NO.

Of course there are tens of threads where people tate that pastors have helped them. But what is tens out of the many christians that we have around. Nigerian churches are some of the richest institutions that we have in the country. The current emir of Kano stated that he was suprised how much the churches were making when he was the CBN governor. With all their wealth how many people do you personally know that run to the church when they are in need of financial help? People run to their friends and families always. Very few go to the churches because there is no help to be found there.

People run even to people of other religions instead of going to the church when in financial need. I repeat if you are desperately in need of 1 million naira to save your.life your church will be the last place you will visit for assistence. You will start with friends(regardless of religious belief ), Colleagues at work, relatives etc. Your pastor won't be the first person you will run to because you know he won't be of any help to you. We have christians all around us. I don't see them running to their churches for help when in need. They always run to other people. They never run to the church.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by felixomor: 11:15am On Mar 06, 2017
dalaman:

Of course there are tens of threads where people tate that pastors have helped them. But what is tens out of the many christians that we have around. Nigerian churches are some of the richest institutions that we have in the country. The current emir of Kano stated that he was suprised how much the churches were making when he was the CBN governor. With all their wealth how many people do you personally know that run to the church when they are in need of financial help? People run to their friends and families always. Very few go to the churches because there is no help to be found there.

People run even to people of other religions instead of going to the church when in financial need. I repeat if you are desperately in need of 1 million naira to save your.life your church will be the last place you will visit for assistence. You will start with friends(regardless of religious belief ), Colleagues at work, relatives etc. Your pastor won't be the first person you will run to because you know he won't be of any help to you. We have christians all around us. I don't see them running to their churches for help when in need. They always run to other people. They never run to the church.

Is ok.
At first u said they dont help...
Now the story has changed again....

Abeg e don do....
Just rest
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by dalaman: 11:22am On Mar 06, 2017
felixomor:

Is ok.
At first u said they dont help...
Now the story has changed again....

Abeg e don do....
Just rest

Story has changed how? How many people do you know that run to the church when in financial need? They don't help. Will you call it help when a rich institution helps 3 out of 100 when they are capable of helping all the hundred ? As usual you remain a joke. I repeat if you need 1 million naira to save your life , the church won't be the first place you will run to. You know that as a fact.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by felixomor: 11:23am On Mar 06, 2017
dalaman:

Story has changed how? How many people do you know that run to the church when in financial need? They don't help. Will you call it help when a rich institution helps 3 out of 100 when they are capable of helping all the hundred ? As usual you remain a joke. I repeat if you need 1 million naira to save your life , the church won't be the first place you will run to. You know that as a fact.

Please which church gave u the statistics of 3 out of 100?
Abeg answer straight....
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by dalaman: 11:28am On Mar 06, 2017
felixomor:

Please which church gave u the statistics of 3 out of 100?
Abeg answer straight....

How many people out of hundred do you know that run to their church first for financial need when in distress?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by felixomor: 11:31am On Mar 06, 2017
dalaman:

How many people out of hundred do you know that run to their church first for financial need when in distress?

Question answer question.
As usual lipsrsealed

Just rest.
Church has helped people i know with even up to 2 million naira.
And they didnt even come to nairaland to broadcast it.

Stay there and conjure your false statistics and come to nairaland and be publishing it.
U hear undecided
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by dalaman: 11:47am On Mar 06, 2017
felixomor:

Question answer question.
As usual lipsrsealed

Just rest.
Church has helped people i know with even up to 2 million naira.
And they didnt even come to nairaland to broadcast it.

Stay there and conjure your false statistics and come to nairaland and be publishing it.
U hear undecided

I know someone that church helped with 5 million naira. But it happens rarely that it is a big issue, unless if you don't want to admit the truth and reality. You talk as if we don't attend church or live among christians.
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by felixomor: 11:58am On Mar 06, 2017
dalaman:

I know someone that church helped with 5 million naira. But it happens rarely that it is a big issue, unless if you don't want to admit the truth and reality. You talk as if we don't attend church or live among christians.

At first it doesnt happen, then it became 1 million, now " you know one"

U know one, i know one and yet its "rare"....
O boy. Rest..
Church is not your problem.
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by dalaman: 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2017
felixomor:

At first it doesnt happen, then it became 1 million, now " you know one"

U know one, i know one and yet its "rare"....
O boy. Rest..
Church is not your problem.

Where did I say it doesn't happen? Are you making things up as usual ? Is this one of your I went to medical school imaginary tales?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by CandidSeeker(m): 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
luvmijeje:

Please stop generalizing. If you're truly a Christian you would have read Matt 24:24

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Inasmuch there are false prophets, God is also raising up his own army.

We're on same page. No intent to generalize.

I should have written: 'Some of the leaders' & 'The model in some churches'

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by felixomor: 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
dalaman:

Where did I say it doesn't happen? Are you making things up as usual ? Is this one of your I went to medical school imaginary tales?

dalaman:

I pity you.
God have mercy on you.... undecided
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by dalaman: 1:06pm On Mar 06, 2017
felixomor:

I pity you.
God have mercy on you.... undecided

You are entitled to make what ever you chose to make from it. Your God can not have mercy on anything or anybody because he remains imaginary and lives only inside your head.
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by hopefulLandlord: 1:27pm On Mar 06, 2017
dalaman:

Hehehehehehehehe

Felixomor also said "The brain sleeps everyday"

felixomor:

For example no part of science explains why the brain goes to sleep everyday.
It is only believed it goes to sleep for certain reasons.

his claim of being a medic seems legit looking at the above claim

for those who are not in the same "medic" line like Felixomor, YOUR brain doesn't sleep

I weep for our educational system
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by felixomor: 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hehehehehehehehe

Felixomor also said "The brain sleeps"

his claim of being a medic seems legit

for those who are not in the same "medic" line like Felixomor, YOUR brain doesn't sleep

Hahahaha... grin
100 years from now, still u gat nothing on me...
Deal with it.
I am not boasting.

Well on a little bright note, thanks for acknowledging my claim seems legit.
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by hopefulLandlord: 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2017
felixomor:

Hahahaha... grin
100 years from now, still u gat nothing on me...
Deal with it.
I am not boasting.

Well on a little bright note, thanks for acknowledging my claim seems legit.

Hehehehehehehehe

The medic that claims the brain sleeps everyday

seems legit
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by felixomor: 1:39pm On Mar 06, 2017
dalaman:

You are entitled to make what ever you chose to make from it. Your God can not have mercy on anything or anybody because he remains imaginary and lives only inside your head.

Inside my head, yet u here daily to fight.....
Hmmmm
I hear u...
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by felixomor: 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hehehehehehehehe

The medic that claims the brain sleeps everyday

seems legit

I will never fall into that trap of explaining. Brain and sleep for you.

Go to google and educate yourself.
because sleep to you, a lay man, means death.
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by hopefulLandlord: 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2017
felixomor:

I will never fall into that trap of explaining. Brain and sleep for you.

Go to google and educate yourself.
because sleep to you, a lay man, means death.

the professional medic

grin
Re: Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? by felixomor: 1:48pm On Mar 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

the professional medic

grin

Suit yourself jare lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible / What If We Jail All The Pastors? Wha / Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.