Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

"The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM (56775 Views)

Daniel Olukoya Of MFM Unveils 33 Prophetic Declarations For 2020 / Meet Kehinde Adegbolahan, The Assistant General Overseer Of MFM? (Photos) / Women Who Swallow Semen Are Cannibals - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by homesteady(m): 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2017
GGirll:
Jesus said we should observe the Holy Communion in remembrance of Him, no where in d Bible was it quoted for Christmas to be celebrated....i do not celebrate or do anything i didn't read in my Bible....

When do you buy gifts for someone? Is it not when the person is celebrating?
The 3 WISE Men brought gifts for the Family, so they were obviously celebrating something!
And you in your own wisdom are telling us not to celebrate, Clap for yourself, Mrs Solomon!

3 Likes

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by Emyogalanya: 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
And yet he celebrates new year instituted by a catholic who believes in christmas i mean pope gregory of the gregorian calendar fame

3 Likes

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by vashkayanna(m): 5:48pm On Jan 02, 2017
religion is the opium of the masses. Let's make the world we live in a better place. Love mankind n humanity @ large. Hold unto ur belief n don't confuse people d more.

1 Like

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by atoleybaba(m): 5:49pm On Jan 02, 2017
omogidi234:
He ought to have supported his argument with facts. It would take a long time before this issue is accepted. It was Pastor Kumuyi that first kicked against Christmas for Christians, he did his with verifiable facts.
u are soo wrong. It was the Jehovah's witnesses
Get ur fact right. Except u are talking bawt 1st among goose churches that deceive people and collect people's money in d name of tithe

3 Likes

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by Emyogalanya: 5:49pm On Jan 02, 2017
And there appeared a shining throng of angels praising God who thus addressed thier joyful song: all glory be to God on high and to the earth be peace goodwill henceforth from heaven to men begin and never cease. All the above shows that the angels were in a celebration mode. So Bleep him if he doesnt want to key in. If only he is argueing the date and time of year i may consider listening to him

4 Likes

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by lovethchioma(f): 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2017
Seun:
Does he really believe that the "demons" love to celebrate the birth of Jesus?
Seun is in threads like this you like showing yourself sha...
Back to the topic... All these Pastors should just take it easy with all these their doctrines, everyone mustn't believe in what you believe.

1 Like

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by zedman1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2017
muller101:
He is right. I can't find any portion in the bible where it is stated that he was born on 25th dec. That we should celebrate.
that's the big problem with 'bible only'people . You don't care about history, you don't research. It's just the Bible and nothing else. Not even how the Bible was compiled do you want to know. Know these things, judge for yourself, you know what's right and wrong , then use common sense. ... Free your mind, it's God's gift to you. Chop chicken and rice on Christmas day, you do no one any harm my brother.
Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 02, 2017
kropotkin2:
Not only Christmas. A very great part of Christianity as is practiced today has alot of its origins in the pagan traditions of the ancient Romans. If any of the 1st century Christians were resurrected today, he will barely recognize the religion of Christ because if the bastardization Christianity has undergone over its 2 thousand year history

Even the Bible so please don't read it ever again, nonsense talk

Fear mountain of fire, they fear demons pass anything on earth. Everything is demonic to them including the cockroaches and mosquitoes in their bedrooms, what a church

1 Like

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by ZoneBslayer(m): 6:10pm On Jan 02, 2017
Emyogalanya:
And there appeared a shining throng of angels praising God who thus addressed thier joyful song: all glory be to God on high and to the earth be peace goodwill henceforth from heaven to men begin and never cease. All the above shows that the angels were in a celebration mode. So Bleep him if he doesnt want to key in. If only he is argueing the date and time of year i may consider listening to him
exactly the reason why I will ALWAYS verify whatever a preacher says to me,no matter how revered he is... the host of heaven celebrated the birth of Christ but a man calls it demonic?? does he know that he is speaking against the holy spirit? which in itself is a grave sin...the actual date may not be 25th December but who cares?? ALL the days of the week is the Lord's! for the earth is the Lord's and the fullness therein! (psalm 24:1)...truly the people perish for lack of knowledge! (Hosea 4:6)

4 Likes

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by MartialArt2(m): 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2017
ayobase:
Of course. It is idolatry.

And there is difference between celebration and observation.

Jesus Christ was definitely born a day, and a day has been set aside for that purpose.

Well explained.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm
This is the reason why you are Protestants. You are free to do what ever you want, no one will force you, OK?

1 Like

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by Heltinking(m): 6:20pm On Jan 02, 2017
OK
Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2017
YOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND HE SHALL SET YOU FREE

ALOT OF YOU ARE WRONG. " WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ANOTHER MAN'S SERVANT"
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE BIBLE SAY? IF YOU DO YOU WON'T BE SAYING THINGS THAT ISN'T CORRECT
Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by ifeanyi83(m): 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2017
What about Sunday worship? The Adventist worship on Saturdays. I'll say what matters is Who and not What is worshiped. Lots of things about Christianity is very debatable.

1 Like

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by Businessideas: 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2017
ayobase:

Did you read at all?
I advice you to read your own remark and understand the connection between my input and your remark in case you have quickly forgotten

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by Afritop(m): 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
HE CONCLUDED BY SAYING WE SHOULD BE CAREFUL ON WHAT WE SAY ABOUT A MAN OF GOD BUT IS QUICK TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION.
Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by Gnwuashi: 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2017
If we can set aside a day to celebrate the achievement of men, what then is wrong to set aside a day to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ? Abeg make sidan that him talk no be talk.

1 Like

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by aalangel(f): 7:07pm On Jan 02, 2017
Abaje195:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/01/02/christmas-demonic-pastor-odukoya/

Is this all he said, cos the text doesn't explain anything.

1 Like

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by homesteady(m): 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2017
ZoneBslayer:

exactly the reason why I will ALWAYS verify whatever a preacher says to me,no matter how revered he is... the host of heaven celebrated the birth of Christ but a man calls it demonic?? does he know that he is speaking against the holy spirit? which in itself is a grave sin...the actual date may not be 25th December but who cares?? ALL the days of the week is the Lord's! for the earth is the Lord's and the fullness therein! (psalm 24:1)...truly the people perish for lack of knowledge! (Hosea 4:6)

Somebody shout Hallelujah!
Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by nuesmann(m): 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2017
JEHOVAH WITNESS WERE THE FIRST.IN FACT,THEY NEVER CELEBRATED IT.quote author=omogidi234 post=52467690]He ought to have supported his argument with facts. It would take a long time before this issue is accepted. It was Pastor Kumuyi that first kicked against Christmas for Christians, he did his with verifiable facts.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by homesteady(m): 7:13pm On Jan 02, 2017
Most of textbooks we read are dedicated to the authors foreign gods, but we still read them! Hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by Handsomecole(m): 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
All these Pastors that they just gave to, want to counter a tradition that has been in existence before their Great Great Grand parents.
What do they do know about the relics of Christianity?? Absolutely nothing. Dude should just keep shut and enjoy his offering money.

1 Like

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by Walelavender(m): 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
There's nothing that could be said to impair the belief of many of us who grew to know Christmas as a season of love. Being demonic is very subjective. This is a season where love is preached and expressed. Souls are won to the kingdom. It is what you do with it that makes it demonic or otherwise.
A carpenter sees every object as a nail, he wants to use his hammer. A teacher sees every object as book and wants to write on it...MFM sees circumstances as demonic and wants to profer deliverance as antidote

3 Likes

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by mtngloetiartel: 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2017
Seun:
listen man! Birthday celebration is pagan originated. There are just 2 biblical records of birthday celebratn and the they were nt favourably indicative of christain life. Again, there is no biblical command to celebrate birthday. Satan was nt happy at Jesus' birth hence he craftly revealed and directed 3 astrologers frm d east (likely Babylon) to where Jesus was- Bethlehem. Bt firstly, satan led them to Jerusalem to have them revealed to wicked King Herod the identity of Jesus the fortold King of the Jews and messiah. Thier report filled King Herod with jealous rage. So Herod commissiond them to find and report back to him the whereabout of little Jesus...Howeva, Jehovah God intervened. By means of a dream, he instructed the astrologers to return home by anoda route. (READ MATT. 2:1-12) So, it is not a questn of weda the demon love to celebrate Jesus' birthday. The point is satan the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of unbeliever so dat d illumination of d glorious good news about d Christ...might not shine thru. (2COR. 4:4)
Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by femi4: 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2017
GGirll:
Jesus said we should observe the Holy Communion in remembrance of Him, no where in d Bible was it quoted for Christmas to be celebrated....i do not celebrate or do anything i didn't read in my Bible....
I m sure you didn't see the gifts the three WISE MEN presented to Jesus in your Bible
Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by tete7000(m): 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2017
femi4:
We celebrate Christmas and not its ROOT

Why did you bother to answer this mumu pastors who get their followers fixated on satan and his demons. They spend their energy fighting devil who. suppose to run away from them because the one who live in them should be greater than one that live in the world. They see only demons in everything. How is celebrating christ birth has to do with demon? Will satan be happy Christ was born? Will devil and demon commemorate the birth? However, it is in instilling all this demonic talk in members that they keep them enslaved. Christ said when the son of man set you free, you shall be free indeed - free to celebrate my birth, free to celebrate my death. But are they free? No! They remain bound to the fear of demon and devil. Too, too sad. See how the man ended his talk? Be careful how you talk about a man of God! Another gimmick to ensure no one question his understanding of issue at hand. Tacitly he issued threat.
Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by hotspec(m): 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
muller101:
He is right. I can't find any portion in the bible where it is stated that he was born on 25th dec. That we should celebrate.
Where was it written in d Bible that u shd celebrate Easter and New year? Besides, what do we celebrate on Christmas? We celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus, with humility and love as d centre of the birth. There is no written record of my Dad's birthday, but looking at the events during his birth, he picked 12th Dec. So, whats bad about that?

2 Likes

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by Olukolade1: 7:38pm On Jan 02, 2017
fixedhollies:
It might be demolic when it started but not a sin... I wasn't in the world when it started. But what we do this day is to create d consciousness that we had a Savior's birth. Not a Sin to us.... It is a moment of repentance and essence of Christianity.
Correct

2 Likes

Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by aalangel(f): 7:39pm On Jan 02, 2017
Seun:

This is the first time Seun is saying something.
Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by rhektor(m): 7:43pm On Jan 02, 2017
maclatunji:
Let us see how his fellow Christians will try to sidestep his submission.

He's not celebrating does not mean celebrating it is evil
Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by ccasilas(m): 7:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
Christmas is a popular December holiday celebrated by large numbers of people all around the world. It has long been known as the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, which occurred over 2,000 years ago. However, not all who celebrate the holiday do so with Jesus’ birth in mind. In fact, there are many traditions associated with Christmas that actually began as a part of pagan culture.

The exact date of Jesus’ birth is unknown, as the Bible does not give specifics as to the dates of either His birth or conception. But in the second century A.D., a Roman Christian historian named Sextus Julius Africanus calculated Jesus’ birthdate to be December 25 (nine months after Africanus believed Jesus was conceived). In spite of the assumptions made in Africanus’s line of thinking, the date was widely accepted.

At that time, Roman culture already celebrated a holiday on December 25: Saturnalia, the winter solstice. This tradition honored Saturn, the god of agriculture, and was celebrated with merriment, feasting, and gift giving. When Rome eventually instituted Christianity as the state religion in the fourth century, the Roman church converted Saturnalia to a Christian holiday in order to commemorate Jesus’ birth. Christians have celebrated it as such ever since.

The question then becomes, “Since Christmas has its origins in pagan traditions, is it acceptable for Christians to celebrate it?” The fact remains that, although Christmas has some associations with a secular holiday, Christians still celebrate it to remember the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It may be a matter of conscience for some, for as Paul states in 1 Corinthians 10:23: “‘Everything is permissible’—but not everything is beneficial. ‘Everything is permissible’—but not everything is constructive.” There are many others who believe the holiday has been redeemed due to the deeper meaning it has been given. These individuals continue to celebrate Christmas based on Paul’s words further on in the passage: “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (verse 31).
Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by freshboi88: 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Demons aren't celebrating the birth of Christ when they celebrate Christmas. What they are celebrating is the root of it which is paganism. In order to have gullible fools join in, they decided to label it a Christian festival.

Not everything that has a Christian label is actually Christian. Am glad a sensible Christian pastor has woken up.

Some people Dnt have sense, some pple r just living but they have no atom of wisdom in them...u r one of those pple...... So if I choose to celebrate d birth of Christ, how does that in anyway celebrate paganism??
Re: "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM by jericco1(m): 7:57pm On Jan 02, 2017
but when it comes to tithing, they all agree to it. fuckers. I bless God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Nicolas Uagbor: "Daddy Freeze May Die Before Next Year". Freeze Replies / Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” / Apostle Johnson Suleman Gifts His Cook Of 10 Years A New House (Photos, Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.