Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,242 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

New Year Of Depression - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / New Year Of Depression (1008 Views)

1 Year Of Marriage And 2 Kids My Wife Has Had Never Post Any Of My Pics / Reverend Nnaghe Itam & Wife Welcome Their First Child After 22-year Of Marriage / Come Share Your Biggest Problem, Challenge Or Source Of Depression! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Year Of Depression by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2017
I feel depressed, I am starting this new year with depression and I can't help myself out of it. I should be grateful for life and my kids and the grace to walk out of an abusive marriage but I am feeling sad. At 25 I feel like a failure, I have been So strong for the past few months but this new year I am falling apart, I don't Want to be strong anymore. I regret the past years of being married to my abuser, I want to go back in time and erase every memories of this past years. I have no regrets walking out of my marriage but I feel extreme unhappiness with were I am at the moments. How do I fix my life? How do I rediscover me? I feel lost cause I stopped dreaming a long time ago, I dont know what I want from life . when people say you are still young and you will find love again, I wish they understand that I don't want to find love , I want to find me.
Re: New Year Of Depression by 2SWT(f): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2017
I think you should go to somewhere I love, far from

everyone you know then spend time alone try think

about your mistakes and what you don't want to repeat.

Make sure you don't jump into conclusions take your

time

We could talk more if you wish. I might be able to help

1 Like

Re: New Year Of Depression by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2017
So you married at the Age of 17 ? Thats strange !
Re: New Year Of Depression by DonOms(m): 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2017
The truth is those memories won't leave instantaneously, if and when they leave. The memories will only fade away. And how can that happen? By rediscovering yourself and planting new memories of happiness.

These may sound somewhat surreal but it's effective. Nature abhors vacuum so you need to start taking conscious steps to live life the way that will make you happy; pick up long lost hobbies, do some sport, invest time in your children, associate with wonderful people who will love you for you and not judge you.

Also, go on a journey. A concept from Julia Roberts' film Eat. Pray. Love. called "The physics of the quest" suggests that if you're brave enough to leave behind everything comforting and familiar and set out on a truth-seeking journey -- regarding things that happen to you as clues, accept new people along the way and forgive some difficult realities about yourself -- the truth will not be withheld from you and you can discover yourself.

You can dream again. All you need do is relax and shut your eyes, falling into that state of bliss. Reboot!

3 Likes

Re: New Year Of Depression by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2017
This year is a year of blessing and extraordinary favour and not a year of depression.

First of all, tell yourself repeatedly that decision you made concerning your marriage was for your own safety and interest; it was a good one.

Secondly, Make this year a better year for you by doing something that will earn you money cos if you had money and independent, I don't see any reason why depression should set in.

Thirdly, engage in activities that make you happy. Make friends that will keep you happy.

1 Like

Re: New Year Of Depression by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2017
I recently relocated to a new city with no family and friends around, hoping to start afresh and its not working
Re: New Year Of Depression by Vivos: 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
[i][/i][color=#770077][/color]GOD WILL NOT ALLOW TO BE TEMPTED BEYOND UR POWER(cf 1 Cori 10:12 - 13) U SHOULD READ IT, FOR EVERY TEMPTATION U FACE GOD HAS GIVEN STRENGTH AND POWER TO OVERCOME, YOU WANT TO FIND URSELF GO TO GOD AND ASK HELP,ASK 4 STRENGTH FRM GOD, U NEED TO BE STRONG 4 UR CHILDREN
Re: New Year Of Depression by bennyrazz: 8:18pm On Jan 02, 2017
okay, you want to rediscover yourself? well you have to start from the things that interest you. What do you like?
Re: New Year Of Depression by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 02, 2017
Be proud of yourself for walking out of an abusive marriage; you did a great thing for yourself and your kids. You and your kids should go for therapy so you can learn the best coping skills for forging ahead without dwelling on the past. Chin up.

2 Likes

Re: New Year Of Depression by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2017
Vivos:
[i][/i][color=#770077][/color]GOD WILL NOT ALLOW TO BE TEMPTED BEYOND UR POWER(cf 1 Cori 10:12 - 13) U SHOULD READ IT, FOR EVERY TEMPTATION U FACE GOD HAS GIVEN STRENGTH AND POWER TO OVERCOME, YOU WANT TO FIND URSELF GO TO GOD AND ASK HELP,ASK 4 STRENGTH FRM GOD, U NEED TO BE STRONG 4 UR CHILDREN
Will surely read the Verse thank u
Re: New Year Of Depression by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
bennyrazz:
okay, you want to rediscover yourself? well you have to start from the things that interest you. What do you like?
I have to start thinking of the things I use to like with my ex I didn't do the things iiked , I did the things he liked. Thanks for the headway
Re: New Year Of Depression by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 02, 2017
NotOfThis:
Be proud of yourself for walking out of an abusive marriage; you did a great thing for yourself and your kids. You and your kids should go for therapy so you can learn the best coping skills for forging ahead without dwelling on the past. Chin up.
Am so proud of myself. My new name is courage
Re: New Year Of Depression by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
Catalin:
This year is a year of blessing and extraordinary favour and not a year of depression.

First of all, tell yourself repeatedly that decision you made concerning your marriage was for your own safety and interest; it was a good one.

Secondly, Make this year a better year for you by doing something that will earn you money cos if you had money and independent, I don't see any reason why depression should set in.

Thirdly, engage in activities that make you happy. Make friends that will keep you happy.
Thanks Dear...I need to think of ways to improve my income to comfortably support my kids. Their father has sworned never to contribute a dime towards their welfare. In a bid to frustrate me
Re: New Year Of Depression by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2017
DonOms:
The truth is those memories won't leave instantaneously, if and when they leave. The memories will only fade away. And how can that happen? By rediscovering yourself and planting new memories of happiness.

These may sound somewhat surreal but it's effective. Nature abhors vacuum so you need to start taking conscious steps to live life the way that will make you happy; pick up long lost hobbies, do some sport, invest time in your children, associate with wonderful people who will love you for you and not judge you.

Also, go on a journey. A concept from Julia Roberts' film Eat. Pray. Love. called "The physics of the quest" suggests that if you're brave enough to leave behind everything comforting and familiar and set out on a truth-seeking journey -- regarding things that happen to you as clues, accept new people along the way and forgive some difficult realities about yourself -- the truth will not be withheld from you and you can discover yourself.

You can dream again. All you need do is relax and shut your eyes, falling into that state of bliss. Reboot!
Just what I needed to read right now. God bless u
Re: New Year Of Depression by cococandy(f): 10:18pm On Jan 02, 2017
kokoprincess:
I recently relocated to a new city with no family and friends around, hoping to start afresh and its not working
You do need people around you to make it easier.
That's called having a support system.
Cutting off form friends and family in times like this is not the best. But if the move was unavoidable, then don't brood too much about not having friends yet. When you start getting busy you'll meet other people who complement you and hopefully healthy friendships and new relationships will follow in due and appropriate time.

You're brave. I salute you

1 Like

Re: New Year Of Depression by dyabman(m): 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2017
kokoprincess:

I did that about 3 yrs ago , but believe me nothing will work now but be patient, soon everything will be alright that's for sure.

1 Like

Re: New Year Of Depression by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
Did u relocate with ur children or alone ?

kokoprincess:
Re: New Year Of Depression by Vivos: 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2017
kokoprincess:
Will surely read the Verse thank u
You are most welcome, be strong dear

1 Like

Re: New Year Of Depression by Richy4(m): 10:36pm On Jan 02, 2017
I can't pretend to know what you were going through....But you should give yourself some credit..

You are not a failure..You consumed your marriage the way any couple should. and you came out of it with kids...Only that it did not work out...And the fact that it did not work does not mean your life is no longer worth living....Just look around you, you will find something to live for...

I will suggest you go to Google, Do some research about how to cope after divorce..I believe you will find out the good, the bad and the ugly in there,People that have passed through the similar phase you are now, how they manage their situation... just make a choice on the one that is applicable to you...and see if it will work...

If you have dreams and aspiration, this could be the best time to work towards achieving it....Please be strong Ok...I want you to remember that No one was born with a husband or wife while stepping into the world..You can't let someone you met on this planet to steal your joy...No matter how much a man loves a woman, he will never accompany her to the grave..he will only leave flowers at the tomb on occasional sunday mornings or on mother's day full stop...if you die due to how you were handling this, what about the children..because your act imply that you wanna die so they can stay with a step mum....I know it will be hard but try the best you can to snap out of it please.
Re: New Year Of Depression by Nobody: 3:22am On Jan 03, 2017
aflyingbird:
Did u relocate with ur children or alone ?

Yes
Re: New Year Of Depression by Nobody: 3:24am On Jan 03, 2017
Richy4:
I can't pretend to know what you were going through....But you should give yourself some credit..

You are not a failure..You consumed your marriage the way any couple should. and you came out of it with kids...Only that it did not work out...And the fact that it did not work does not mean your life is no longer worth living....Just look around you, you will find something to live for...

I will suggest you go to Google, Do some research about how to cope after divorce..I believe you will find out the good, the bad and the ugly in there,People that have passed through the similar phase you are now, how they manage their situation... just make a choice on the one that is applicable to you...and see if it will work...

If you have dreams and aspiration, this could be the best time to work towards achieving it....Please be strong Ok...I want you to remember that No one was born with a husband or wife while stepping into the world..You can't let someone you met on this planet to steal your joy...No matter how much a man loves a woman, he will never accompany her to the grave..he will only leave flowers at the tomb on occasional sunday mornings or on mother's day full stop...if you die due to how you were handling this, what about the children..because your act imply that you wanna die so they can stay with a step mum....I know it will be hard but try the best you can to snap out of it please.
Thank you for this piece!
Re: New Year Of Depression by DonOms(m): 10:47am On Jan 03, 2017
kokoprincess:

Trust me, it will work. Rome was not built in a day. Give it time. Settle in. Live life. Don't pity yourself or feel any sad. Tell yourself everyday that you're happy and live happy. You'll be fine.

Just what I needed to read right now. God bless u

Amen.

1 Like

Re: New Year Of Depression by OLAFIMIX(f): 11:15am On Jan 03, 2017
Be patient with time it will work out. I know a sister, just like you too, left her abusive marriage with her kids, no job, no money. She is standing on her feet now, doing business. She met a single guy working in a good company treating her like a Queen. The guy has been begging her for marriage since ooo. My sister be patient, pray harder, have faith, move closer to God, be happy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Girl Who Walks On All Fours And Does Not Speak Is Found Living With Monkeys / "They Call You Beautiful But Act Differently When They See Your Scars" -survivor / Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.