Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter (1012 Views)

Met My Son For The First Time Today - Photos / Why Do Good Men Nd Women End With Bad Spouses Nd The Bad Ones With Good Spouses? / How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter by Built2last: 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hello people,

My 4 year old son asked me just now as I was taking them to swimming lessons the following questions

My son: Dad

Me: yes,

I have some questions for you.

1. What is the difference between the World and the Universe....I managed to answer, explaining the cosmos, the firmaments and the galaxies. He didn't seem satisfied and threw question two.

list the continents in the world? First, i was confused if it's 6 or 7 continents we have. I was not sure. I also was careful because it maybe they discussed it in school or he read it on the world map I placed in their room.

I managed to list 6 while He wrote them down at the back seat. He said its remaining one. I remembered and completed the 7.

Then came the last question why i seek help.

Who gave the continents their names and that he just noticed that they all start and end with same alphabet.

E.g Africa, Asia, Europe

I stylishly pretended to be distracted by the cry of his younger sister but that question will resurface again. If not after swimming today it will be tommorow.

He never forgets totally.

So who named the continents and why do they start and end with same letter.

Lalasticlala abeg help. Make I no throw way my chairmanship for ground.
Re: Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter by Muhammed028(m): 5:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
My brother this question get as e take be oooo

You sure say na four (4) year old ask you this question

1 Like

Re: Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter by SUPERPACK: 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
they dont always start and end with same letter,
North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia.
Re: Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter by thesicilian: 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
Setting aside the obvious lie (e.g, saying you explained the differences between cosmos, firmament and galaxies to a 4 year old), I'll simply advise you to let him know what coincidences are and how they are a part of life, and to teach him more of verbal and quantitative reasoning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter by Marvel1206: 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
So a '4year old' asked all these? Bros, easy now..

1 Like

Re: Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter by Kamelot77(m): 5:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
one of lai Muhammad descendant is here

1 Like

Re: Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
Father:"Oceania doesn't start and end with the same letter son, it's just a coincidence"

son:" and who named these continents"

Father:" evil world conquerer, such as Europeans son... For example the Americas was populated by indigenous tribes from south/north WAY BEFORE evil Europeans discovered these lands and decided to renamed them as new found lands in the west (of Europe)... And appropriate them as their own European colonies.... The Same nonsense happened in Africa"

Son:" but that ain't right dad"

Father:"I know son, many things about the history of this world ain't"

1 Like

Re: Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter by Built2last: 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
I laugh when I read comments of people who don't believe the strange questions from a 4 year old.

My kids do wonders with my Ipad. They ask questions that make you wonder. Sometimes I wonder if I gave birth to them. I am not half intelligent when I was double their age.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter by Built2last: 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
thesicilian:
Setting aside the obvious lie (e.g, saying you explained the differences between cosmos, firmament and galaxies to a 4 year old), I'll simply advise you to let him know what coincidences are and how they are a part of life, and to teach him more of verbal and quantitative reasoning.

Thanks, I wasn't teaching him anything. We were going for swimming lessons . He asks questions spontaneously.

I hadly have time for academic lessons with him. Although that has been taken care of by their mum.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter by Built2last: 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
Marvel1206:
So a '4year old' asked all these? Bros, easy now..

Do you have kids? Do they go to good schools. Are you open with them to ask you anything

You won't be surprised. Our children are far more intelligent than we are.
Re: Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter by Marvel1206: 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Built2last:

Do you have kids? Do they go to good schools. Are you open with them to ask you anything

You won't be surprised. Our children are far more intelligent than we are.
I don't have kids but i relate with kids very well. Anyway, if you say that he really asked these questions, then he'll turn out to be very brilliant
Re: Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter by Built2last: 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
Father:"Oceania doesn't start and end with the same letter son, it's just a coincidence"

son:" and who named these continents"

Father:" evil world conquerer, such as Europeans son... For example the Americas was populated by indigenous tribes from south/north WAY BEFORE evil Europeans discovered these lands and decided to renamed them as new found lands in the west (of Europe)... And appropriate them as their own European colonies.... The Same nonsense happened in Africa"

Son:" but that ain't right dad"

Father:"I know son, many things about the history of this world ain't"

You want to start and complicate my life. Which one be Oceania again. I did not list Oceania oo. Ha

1 Like

Re: Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter by Kayoski(m): 6:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
Built2last:

You want to start and complicate my life. Which one be Oceania again. I did not list Oceania oo. Ha
It is newly discovered
Re: Help: My Son Wants To Know Why The 7 Continents Starts And End With Same Letter by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
Built2last:

Kayoski:

It is newly discovered

In Which continent would you find Australia/New Zealand etc, if not Oceania?'
Google the word, as simple as that!

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Dey Naked Use Kpekus Swear For Me, Pastor Ans Court For Divorce / When A Friend Needs Your Help To Have A Child To Save Her Marriage / I Saw My Brother Wife In Hotel Can I Inform My Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.