Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

How To Make Money From Farming? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Money From Farming? (2636 Views)

Start Making good money from Gem Stones / How I Started Making Good Money From A Post I Read On Nairaland / Why Do Most Nigerian Youths Shy Away From Farming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Money From Farming? by face3t: 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2009
i have these idea of investing in farming but i dont know much about it can anyone help me information on it. where do i get the land in southern nigeria, can i plant fruits and vegetables, can i go into cattle rearing and poultry, how do i find honest people, how much do i need to start and so on.
Re: How To Make Money From Farming? by Thethy(m): 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2009
I can get you detail information on snail and grasscutter farming in Nigeria.Call: 08023050835 or 07033632285 for detail.You can as well check my profile.

Thank you.
Re: How To Make Money From Farming? by oolumide: 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2009
1. with farming you are protected because not many nigerians can go into it, unlike buying and selling.

2. Government is highly interested in supporting it, therefore funds can be accessed from banks such as first bank, fidelity though with a good business plan.

3. lagos state government has a livestock training centre where you pay as low as 5,000 for a three month livestock training.

4. just like every other business, pls dont produce items that you will be at the mercy of the buyer, e.g. crops such as corn, if prices are not good and you are refusing to sell it will be at your peril, except if you can process it, ditto for Fish, chicken e.t.c

5. Go for what many nigerians run away from producing, cattle[i][/i][/font] due to long term investment- 3yrs or more, low motality rate, cheap to run(Extensive) but cost at intensive; Pigs[font=Lucida Sans Unicode] because they are all scared to go near it, but low motality rate and low investment and good market?; Snail[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] because large market but fewer producers, low mortality rate, less time consuming and not costly, it can also be exported. All these items, if price is not good today you can keep till later, but not with chicken, corn, vegetable e.t.c

6. farm land is cheap even near lagos, as low 120k per acre, just bought mine even with my lawyer doing all the verification.

I wont give you my phone number because i am not a jobber nethei do i want people to call me unnecessarily, i am interested in helping others because i believe in sharing information with other people who are interested in farm project, because i was once helped too to my level.

My mail address is oluoguntimehin3000@yahoo.com

If you send a constructive mail to me I may give you my number. But believe me I know all these things.

Cheers
Re: How To Make Money From Farming? by econo: 10:24am On Dec 05, 2009
well, in China, we have a lot of people live by farming, and they always care much about the quality of earth, water and mothproof and still the policy of the government which affects the price a lot. You should choose the suitable plant of your farm in your environment. Good luck!
Re: How To Make Money From Farming? by angeldeny(f): 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2009
@ oolumide
is cattle rearing good in ogun-state ? because i normally heard that it can only survive in northern part of nigeria.
Re: How To Make Money From Farming? by oolumide: 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2009
@ angel

Some part of ogun state is okay, because they are not water logged like lagos due to tsetse fly, e.g, Ilaro, Saki, olodo, Idogo e.t.c but definitely every where in ogun-state. mine are doing well in one of these areas in the past 3yrs.

(1) (Reply)

The Highest Earning Female Models In The World! / A Broken Down Step By Step Guide On Mini Importation Business / Atpay Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.