Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,281 members, 7,829,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email (23946 Views)

How To Follow Up Your Job Application Via Email / What Is The Difference Between a Cover Letter And an Application Letter? / 7 Quick Tips : When Sending Your Job Application. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by donmatin(m): 8:07am On Jan 03, 2017
nmreports:

HR job is on the line if s/he recruits the wrong people. Most times they are trying to replace people and s/he has a responsibility to get reliable people. If an applicant cannot follow instructions in the first place then it paints the person as someone who doesn't get himself or herself together and its the first red flag.

Besides, that does not require experience you would agree with me. They are just simple and common sense instructions as was given in your exams in school too.

If subject says: Head Of Operations.
Dont write it as: Application For The Head Of Operations In Your Company (It wont even be received) because they are like computer commands.

But I get your point, thanks. Just wanted to help.
I beg to differ on the subject application for the position of Head of Operations isn't only legal but formal too which is acceptable anywhere except when asked just to title the application Head of Operations.

1 Like

Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Des5(m): 8:10am On Jan 03, 2017
Nice one
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by alex81(m): 8:14am On Jan 03, 2017
3. Lastly, Ensure the file is not above the required weight.

so op what is d required weight cos recruiters dont usually add dat
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by unofficial(m): 8:22am On Jan 03, 2017
Truflame:
Can't u help the teeming population of unemployed people instead of giving them rigid principles. A lot of them are yet to get the requisite experience needed in a work place. Give them a job and orientate them when they are placed on the job not the other way round

Entitlement mentality.

The earlier we accept the fact that no one owes anyone a job in the country, the better for us.

When you own a coy of your own, then you can use your money to train workers, who you pay, to follow basic rules.
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by nmreports: 8:23am On Jan 03, 2017
donmatin:
I beg to differ on the subject application for the position of Head of Operations isn't only legal but formal too which is acceptable anywhere except when asked just to title the application Head of Operations.

Happy new year chief and good luck to you.
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by nmreports: 8:24am On Jan 03, 2017
alex81:

so op what is d required weight cos recruiters dont usually add dat

If it is added that the weight should not be more than 1mb then let it be less or 1mb.
If it is not specified then its fine.
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by alex81(m): 8:31am On Jan 03, 2017
nmreports:

If it is added that the weight should not be more than 1mb then let it be less or 1mb.
If it is not specified then its fine.

k tnx
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 03, 2017
agrovick:

Hahaha

Happy new year bro

Happy new year to you too boss.

Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 03, 2017
Jazmiynne:

Lolz thank God dem don leak the secret give you inside this fresh year.... grin

LM did you go on holiday ni? sad

Yes I was on holidays. I had to go home to go see my wife and kids. cool cool

Happy New year Jazzy.
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Genea(f): 9:41am On Jan 03, 2017
nmreports:
2017 guys... You cannot keep making same mistakes over and over again... So I want to share very simple, yet!!! Important tips when sending an application via email.

Note: Please read carefully.

What led to this topic?
Last week I was privileged to have the opportunity to recruit two new guys for my team and my HOD had insisted that I used my official email to receive resumes.
I already envisaged the number of resumes I would get knowing fully well the rate of unemployment in Nigeria. So... I was unhappy that my email would be very busy with lots of spam
Unfortunately too, we did not currently have any HR software that shuffles CV: http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/08/how-to-ensure-hr-administrators-get.html

What did I do?
I went to my email settings, started playing around, and I found a solution. I was able to create a different label (box) but I had to give it a title name and I had to (without choice) specify what type of message title comes inside, what type of file can be received and what the weight of the file should be. Problem solved.

What does this imply?
It means any email without that title name or files above the specified weight will not be archived.

What did I notice?.

After publishing the vacancy, specifying what the subject of the email should be and what the maximum weight should be for resumes as well as the file type... A host of graduates still went ahead (stubbornly) to do what they think is right rather than do as instructed.

The three simple but important tips:
That being said, when applying via email, ensure the following is observed.
1. Note and obey what the recruiter has specified that your email subject should be. Otherwise you will not hear from the recruiter because he wont receive it. Don't add your own words.
2. Same as above, follow the instructions regarding whether it should be in PDF or Word. There is a reason why they said so.
3. Lastly, Ensure the file is not above the required weight.

Tip
: Be straight to the point in your application. I doubt recruiters read them. They go straight to your cv. If they ever read your email, let it be straightforward.

Related articles on: www.hrtechnique.com
how big should a CV be?
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by donmatin(m): 10:19am On Jan 03, 2017
nmreports:

Happy new year chief and good luck to you.
you too.Cheers
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by karleone(m): 11:41am On Jan 03, 2017
kaboninc:

Hmmmm... .

Kaboninc and Jazmiynne, you people will just be following each other around gringringrin I'm viewing in 3D.. JV Chatroom must hear this.
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Jazmiynne: 12:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
karleone:

Kaboninc and Jazmiynne, you people will just be following each other around gringringrin I'm viewing in 3D.. JV Chatroom must hear this.

tongue tongue

Buh ayam innocent o... Engr Karl you know every every na grin
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Jazmiynne: 12:11pm On Jan 03, 2017
LastMumu:

Yes I was on holidays. I had to go home to go see my wife and kids. cool cool

Happy New year Jazzy.

Thanks Boss... Its good to have you back. Please ayaf missed plenty doses of amusing sarcasm cheesy
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Jazmiynne: 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
kaboninc:

Hmmmm... .

My ears are wide open boss..... Why are you 'hmmming'?
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by kaboninc(m): 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2017
karleone:

Lolz
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by kaboninc(m): 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2017
Jazmiynne:

My ears are wide open boss..... Why are you 'hmmming'?

Nothing ohh.. .

I was just hmming and be passing oh.. .didn't know you will be hearing it.

Biko check your mail.. ..you owe me clinching! cool cool
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Jazmiynne: 12:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
kaboninc:

Nothing ohh.. .

I was just hmming and be passing oh.. .didn't know you will be hearing it.

Biko check your mail.. ..you owe me clinching! cool cool

Lolz the hmmmming was quite loud... I couldn't help but notice cheesy

Sorry abt the mail ish... Would rectify asap
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by kaboninc(m): 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
Jazmiynne:

Lolz the hmmmming was quite loud... I couldn't help but notice cheesy

Sorry abt the mail ish... Would rectify asap

Hmmmm cool cool

I see. What's quiet to me is loud to you and Karl.. .

Hmmm.. ..just thinking....are my thoughts loud?
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by nmreports: 7:38am On Jan 24, 2017
Genea:
how big should a CV be?

Wow. Just seeing this.
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Genea(f): 10:55am On Jan 25, 2017
nmreports:

Wow. Just seeing this.
no p,oya do me the honour of answering it... Smiles
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 25, 2017
Genea:
how big should a CV be?
This girl with her wahala again..
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Genea(f): 11:14am On Jan 25, 2017
TheSlyone2:

This girl with her wahala again..
cone u can't respect me ur elder sis again abi ? This world yaf spoilt... Mhizbliss come and talk tk your younger brother and also dah sister of yours iLegend, imagine her telling me i'm troublesome.. Its not her fault sah
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 25, 2017
Genea:
cone u can't respect me ur elder sis again abi ? This world yaf spoilt... Mhizbliss come and talk tk your younger brother and also dah sister of yours iLegend, imagine her telling me i'm troublesome.. Its not her fault sah
If no be sey things don spoil for naija, I suppose fit born you.
Small pickin of yesterday
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Genea(f): 11:26am On Jan 25, 2017
TheSlyone2:

If no be sey things don spoil for naija, I suppose fit born you.
Small pickin of yesterday
me small pikin?, no be ur fault, na d baby face wey I get .. angry
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 25, 2017
Genea:
me small pikin?, no be ur fault, na d baby face wey I get .. angry
Hehe.

Baby face ko unborn pikin face ni.
I hope this is not another underage coming to nairaland just to chat with her grandfathers
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Genea(f): 11:45am On Jan 25, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Hehe.

Baby face ko unborn pikin face ni.
I hope this is not another underage coming to nairaland just to chat with her grandfathers
u too dey feel yasef ... Wah a sly angry
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 25, 2017
Genea:
u too dey feel yasef ... Wah a sly angry
Hehe.
So what's up GEE
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Genea(f): 11:53am On Jan 25, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Hehe.
So what's up GEE
I'm hungry and dunno wah to eat sad
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 25, 2017
Genea:
I'm hungry and dunno wah to eat sad
As a small pikin that you is, go and boil indomie.
Or do you need me to feed you?
For the record, I've baby sit a beautiful kid before, so you can be rest assured I'll do an excellent job.
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Genea(f): 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
TheSlyone2:

As a small pikin that you is, go and boil indomie.
Or do you need me to feed you?
For the record, I've baby sit a beautiful kid before, so you can be rest assured I'll do an excellent job.
no worries, I will buy food jawe or snacks...can't cook
Re: Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
Genea:
no worries, I will buy food jawe or snacks...can't cook
Hehe, dey there dey form na

Do you want big daddy to take you out?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ways The COVID-19 Pandemic Will Affect Your Job Search / Job Vacancy At Arik Airline / Invite To Nestle Function Test And Interview 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.