Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,889 members, 7,824,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. (25842 Views)

Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 3rd Edition / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 2nd Edition / Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Go Down)

Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by oreayoni(f): 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
kaotharsalau@gmail.com Kwara state university,malete Agriculture 400level
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by idrisade99: 10:44pm On Jan 08, 2017
Email Address- idrisade.eedris@gmail.com
Institution- University of Lagos
Level- 100 level
Course of study- Chemical Engineering
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by ugonna1054(m): 10:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
ubakaugonna@yahoo.com
University of lagos
Geology
400L (5 year course)
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Humanezona(m): 7:24am On Jan 09, 2017
Email : humanezona@yahoo.com
institution : university of calabar
level : 100
course : law
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by ExcessKJ(m): 7:29am On Jan 09, 2017
Good morning, Xfire

Permit me to mention that your initiative is one of the best on the face of social medias as at present and our words can't just appreciate your laudable efforts towards the financial sustainability of brilliant but indigent students in Nigeria.

My comment is about the online aptitude test. I could remember I sat for an online test few months ago and the result was embarrassing. The organizers based every questions on mathematical calculations, further maths inclusive. I mean question that requires formulas to solve and not mere a reasoning type.

Just imagine a student who last did mathematics four years ago, I mean being a medic, all must have being dropped from the brain. Consequently, only engineering students were able to clinge the prizes.

On behalf of all the Medical students who forwarded their interests. I am imploring the organizers to set questions that would not be kinda frustrating for some students who doesn't have the privilege of engaging in any iota of compmex mathematical exercises.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Harbidexy5(m): 10:54am On Jan 09, 2017
email:adebayoismaheel116@gmail.com

institution.: oau
course.:metallurgical nd material engineering
level:100L

i saw d post a bit late sorri for d late registration
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 09, 2017
xfire:
Good morning y'all and happy new year!

Let me give a brief introduction about myself before moving to the main subject matter. My name is xfire and I have dedicated most of my activities on Nairaland into guiding and enlightening young students & graduates based largely from my own experiences both in and out of school (though I have been low key for a while now). You can view my Nairaland profile to see my past threads and posts on Nairaland for further insight. You can also view my past articles on jarushub.com

As part of contributions towards giving back to the society that has benefited me, I will be starting an annual quiz / scholarship award for Nairaland undergraduates to be sustained annually for now, with 2017 being the maiden year. The quiz will be in form of an online aptitude test to be administered to interested and qualified participants.

The Top 3 students from the online test results will be announced here and the cash awards will be given as follows:

Winner: N50, 000

1st Runner up: N30, 000

2nd Runner up: N20, 000

A cash prize of N5, 000 each will be given to the 4th and 5th best as consolation.

I will also appreciate if I can have a diligent student volunteer that will assist in designing the electronic award certificate and also ACTIVELY support me in the general coordination of the whole exercise. The volunteer student will be rewarded with a token after the whole exercise as he/she will be excluded from participating in the scholarship exercise. If you are willing to assist, please send me a mail on xfire2014@gmail.com not later than tomorrow.

Criteria for Participation:
(1) Must a Nairaland Member with account registered not later than 30th June, 2016.
(2) Must have made a minimum of 7 posts (with no rules broken) in the Education section in 2016.
(3) Must be an Nigerian undergraduate in any tertiary institution in Nigeria but not in final year. Final year students are excluded.

If you meet all the criteria and you are interested, just signify interest by stating your email address, institution, level & course of study on this thread.

Since this is the maiden edition and I will be the main person overseeing this effort for 2017, the exercise will limited to the first 60 students that signify interest and meet the criteria stated above. All shortlisted participants will be posted here once the cut-off limit (60) is reached.

Hopefully, I will be less involved in subsequent editions which means more participants can be involved and more prizes may be given out.

Plan is to conclude the whole exercise by January ending. You can post an enquiry here. More information will provided as the day goes by.

Cheers....

xfire

Cc Seun, Nairaland owner, lalasticlala

Cc Education mods

I am just seeing this....Nice one Xfire! welldone!
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by dejt4u(m): 12:28pm On Jan 09, 2017
ExcessKJ:
Good morning, Xfire

Permit me to mention that your initiative is one of the best on the face of social medias as at present and our words can't just appreciate your laudable efforts towards the financial sustainability of brilliant but indigent students in Nigeria.

My comment is about the online aptitude test. I could remember I sat for an online test few months ago and the result was embarrassing. The organizers based every questions on mathematical calculations, further maths inclusive. I mean question that requires formulas to solve and not mere a reasoning type.

Just imagine a student who last did mathematics four years ago, I mean being a medic, all must have being dropped from the brain. Consequently, only engineering students were able to clinge the prizes.

On behalf of all the Medical students who forwarded their interests. I am imploring the organizers to set questions that would not be kinda frustrating for some students who doesn't have the privilege of engaging in any iota of compmex mathematical exercises.

Thanks.
the goal of the assessment is to get candidates who are smart, intelligent and brilliant so the questions are all pure reasoning type so that no one is favoured (be it students of maths or english or students in 100L or 300L).
Most importantly, smartness and a very high IQ is all that is required to get a very good mark. All the best
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Fynestboi: 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2017
cool smiley
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by milinda(f): 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2017
SCHOOL: UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN
COURSE: FOOD SCIENCE
LEVEL: 300
EMAIL: pwitylinda@gmail.com
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Tasfod: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2017
Email: samueltasfod@yahoo.com
School: University of Lagos
Level: 200L
Course: Geology
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
EMAIL: ebonkoisrael@gmail.com
SCHOOL: University of PortHarcourt
LEVEL: 100
COURSE: Mathematics/Computer Science
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
Email: vincentbobo11@gmail.com
School: Institute of Management and Technology(IMT)Enugu
Course: Cooperative Economics & Management.
Level: Level II
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by dejt4u(m): 10:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
Registration has ended and no more entry will be considered again..
Thank you all for showing interest.
Eligible candidates for the online aptitude test will be shortlisted on wednesday by noon. Keep checking for next instructions.
Wishing you all the very best

1 Like

Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Dondave11: 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
dejt4u:
the goal of the assessment is to get candidates who are smart, intelligent and brilliant so the questions are all pure reasoning type so that no one is favoured (be it students of maths or english or students in 100L or 300L).
Most importantly, smartness and a very high IQ is all that is required to get a very good mark. All the best
@ bolded.. i hope that's not the range you'll be considering. Duration of study for most Federal universities is 5 years. so 400l student in such scenario are eligible.
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Odunharry(m): 11:19pm On Jan 09, 2017
Dondave11:
@ bolded.. i hope that's not the range you'll be considering. Duration of study for most Federal universities is 5 years. so 400l student in such scenario are eligible.
Yes. They are eligible.
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Odunharry(m): 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
Get prepared guys
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Danjuma827(m): 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
Odunharry:
Get prepared guys
how are we going to get prepared
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by surdman99: 12:48am On Jan 10, 2017
Surdman99@gmail.com unilag 300level mechanical engineering
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by rill: 5:44am On Jan 10, 2017
Odunharry:

Yes. They are eligible.
And just for reminders, medicine goes for 6 years. so I believe level 5 should still be eligible.
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by dejt4u(m): 7:07am On Jan 10, 2017
Dondave11:
you have nothing to fear.
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Odunharry(m): 7:46am On Jan 10, 2017
dejt4u Check ur msg
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by dejt4u(m): 9:08am On Jan 10, 2017
Odunharry:
dejt4u Check ur msg
ok. Thanks
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by cassyrooy(m): 1:06pm On Jan 10, 2017
Please how will this test be conducted and on what field will we be tested?

Ps: I've submitted my entry already
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Emyres: 7:33pm On Jan 10, 2017
Emmanuelouk@gmail.com FUTO 300 Level
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by dejt4u(m): 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2017
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Emyres: 7:35pm On Jan 10, 2017
dejt4u:
Eligible candidates for the online aptitude test will be shortlisted on wednesday by noon. Keep checking for next instructions.
The thread said registration ends by 10 pm on 9th January.
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Emyres: 7:35pm On Jan 10, 2017
dejt4u:
The thread said registration ends by 10 pm on 9th January. Be fair.
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by dejt4u(m): 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
Emyres:

The thread said registration ends by 10 pm on 9th January.
yes. Kindly check your calender.. Yesterday was 9th and today is 10th of January. You registered just a few minutes ago. So you are late.
You can try again next year. It will be an annual event. Thanks to the organiser
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Odunharry(m): 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2017
www.nairaland.com/3565797/xfire-nairaland-undergraduate-competition-instructions#52699662

New thread.

Fynestboi, Richiez, Lalasticlala pls close this thread.
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by dejt4u(m): 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16)

ABU Zaria - 2016/2017 Postgraduate Application Form Is Out / Man Sends Young Groundnut Hawker Back To School (Photos) / Strike: We Haven’t Exempted ASUU From IPPIS – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.