Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,891 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Scissors Pulled From Man's Stomach 18 Years After Surgery - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scissors Pulled From Man's Stomach 18 Years After Surgery (55613 Views)

Snake Pulled From A Russian Woman's Throat After It Crawled In While She Slept / Doctors Remove Knife, 8 Spoons, Screwdrivers, Toothbrushes From Man's Stomach / Fabric Machine Cut Man's Stomach Open While Working In Ogun. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scissors Pulled From Man's Stomach 18 Years After Surgery by donefezy: 9:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
i can smell lies everywhere

Quote me and i will does finish you today
Re: Scissors Pulled From Man's Stomach 18 Years After Surgery by holywota: 12:06am On Jan 04, 2017
eboiga:
We need to do ultra sound! Especially we with big belle
To know if you have a bowl in there?
Re: Scissors Pulled From Man's Stomach 18 Years After Surgery by ignis: 5:29am On Jan 04, 2017
Jesus.... Scissors
Re: Scissors Pulled From Man's Stomach 18 Years After Surgery by RetroBoy: 6:10am On Jan 04, 2017
Phace:
Thank God the scissors is that of a foreign country. If it were of naija, the scissors would have rusted in his stomach causing internal pains and death, slow but steady.

You're not making sense.
Surgical instruments are not made in Naija.
They're imported.
I am sure you were disappointed it didn't happen in Nigeria.
Stop belittling your country.
Re: Scissors Pulled From Man's Stomach 18 Years After Surgery by Mruwa: 6:41am On Jan 04, 2017
na wah notin we nor go hear
Re: Scissors Pulled From Man's Stomach 18 Years After Surgery by sympathy55(m): 10:34am On Jan 04, 2017
You guys shouldn't blame any doctor ok, we know how it works in naija........spiritual stuff if u must know.Tank God for him.
Re: Scissors Pulled From Man's Stomach 18 Years After Surgery by Phace(m): 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2017
RetroBoy:

You're not making sense.
Surgical instruments are not made in Naija.
They're imported.
I am sure you were disappointed it didn't happen in Nigeria.
Stop belittling your country.

There is nothing as belittling your country when you're stating a truth. Its common knowledge that most aluminum products made in Nigeria are usually merged with metals, hence their rapid rust after a short while.

Besides, I did not say they were made in Nigeria. My words were only optative and did not state a fact.

There is no point being a thick-headed, over-zealous patriot. Knowing one's capabilities is a great step to improvement.
Re: Scissors Pulled From Man's Stomach 18 Years After Surgery by RetroBoy: 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2017
Phace:

There is nothing as belittling your country when you're stating a truth. Its common knowledge that most aluminum products made in Nigeria are usually merged with metals, hence their rapid rust after a short while.

Besides, I did not say they were made in Nigeria. My words were only optative and did not state a fact.

There is no point being a thick-headed, over-zealous patriot. Knowing one's capabilities is a great step to improvement.

And why did you assume surgical instruments in Nigeria would have been adulterated?
Have you even seen a "foreign" surgical instrument?
Do you know they rust?
Do you know the "foreign" scissors in this particular case was rusted (hence the broken handle)?
If you're so negative about your country, Togo isn't far away.
Re: Scissors Pulled From Man's Stomach 18 Years After Surgery by Phace(m): 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
RetroBoy:

And do you know the capabilities or otherwise of Nigerian healthcare workers?
Why did you assume it would have been worse if the operation happened in Nigeria?
If you say the instruments were not made in Nigeria, why did you think the outcome would have been worse?
You don't know what you're talking about, yet you come online and pass of heresies as facts.
Carry out proper research before putting up unsubstantiated posts.

Its clear you did not understand what I posted earlier on, including the one posted before it. I hate to altercate, worse still when the other person has repeatedly failed to understand a clear point.

Your argument is that I have downplayed the standard of our country's health workers, including its faith in producing clinical equipments. Your grievance is understandable, don't push it too far.

I did not attack our health workers, to the best of my knowledge, their services are mint (I'm not generally speaking and no one is above mistakes too). I do not go abroad to visit a hospital, its Nigeria; here in Coal City..

We can produce surgical tools no doubt, buh the question is; How excellent? Will it be like the ones we produce that turns out to be substandard or mixed with the substandard one by heartless merchants? I believe in my country's growing ability to manufacture, we are getting there, yes buh we ain't there.

We could manage? Well, its not a matter of patronising indigenous products. These are critical equipments; ones used to cut the bodies of ailing individuals, humans made up of several chemicals components which could react with any instrument made with a spurious chemical. We can't take chances with the lives of people, with beloved ones and dependents close by. These products should not be used if they are substandard.

Most aluminium products in our country do not last long before rusting. Aluminium? Terrible. They are denser than normal. Imagine leaving such a thing in the body of a human?

My friend, I still thank God the scissors is foreign made. I cannot erode the fact that we can't produce it, at least now. Like I said my initial post was only optative yet you pounced on it like its a misconstrued fact. For the records, being in tune with reality is not being negative regardless of how negative that reality is.

You won't get a reply from me again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin / What Is The Difference Between The White Vitamin C Tablets And The Orange Ones? / Top Ten Hospitals In Nigeria - Webometrics Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.