Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,386 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

How I Was Banned From Speaking Igbo - Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How I Was Banned From Speaking Igbo - Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani (26405 Views)

Beautiful Russian Girls Speaking Igbo & Dancing Ogene / British Kids Fluently Speaking Igbo / Igbo Speaking Communities In Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: How I Was Banned From Speaking Igbo - Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani by swazpedro(m): 12:27pm On Feb 17, 2017
viewflux:

I do not mean to halt you on the above statement but it is sad that this generation of youths do not border to read books again other than very short stories which is synonymous to chatting lingua. if you are into reading of books, you will not have any stress in reading through the personal narratives of the writer and appreciating her effort in not been left out of her mother tongue. however, if you can not spare time to read then do not border to open such a topic, let alone comment..

i want to categorically state that chatting lingua has really kill the creative mind of out young generation as this has made any write-up that is not close to chatting lingua so stressful to read through. no wonder we are seeing a larger generation of younger graduates that do not listen to NATIONAL NEWS REGULERLY even though we know we are been feed with lies but at least if we do listen, we will know that the president of Nigeria is Gen. MOHAMMADU BUHARA and not DR. Buraha., we will knw that the first lady of Nigeria is not Stelle Obasanjo (these are the answers given by suppose graduates when they where asked those question.).

please do not allow your chatting lingua affect both your quantitative and cognitive reasoning.

I still can't read what u wrote success ain't based on what u read or what u know...
Re: How I Was Banned From Speaking Igbo - Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani by Konquest: 5:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
Afam4eva:
It's a common practice among Igbo parents to encourage their wards to pick English over Igbo. Not just pick, but to discard the Igbo language altogether. For some it's more subtle while for others, there's a concerted effort to make sure Igbo or any form of vernacular is not spoken in the home. For those kind of parents, i say, shame to them.
^^^^^^^^^^

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Boyfriend's Parents Don't Approve Me, And They Haven't Even Met Me Yet / Do We Overestimate The Importance Of African Juju? / The Highest And Most Polished Culture On Earth Is Yoruba Culture - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.