Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards (5167 Views)

Davido's Lisa Downey Kisses A Guy She Met In A Club / Queen Nwokoye Wins Best Actress At BON After Clinching ZAFAA Award / Meet The Hottest & Prettiest Yoruba Actress At The Moment (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by koolchicco: 9:56am On Nov 21, 2009
Taking time out of her busy schedule in the bustling city of Lagos, Glo Ambassador and sexy screen siren, Mona Lisa Chinda jetted out to
the Queen's own country (England)last week to attend the 2009 edition of the Afro Hollywood Award. The actress was nominated along with several other actresses for the Award for Best Actress in an English movie, and she won amidst some stiff competition. Also present at the occasion was veteran actor, Justus Esiri, Mercy Johnson etc.

The Afro Hollywood Award is a yearly event organised by Mike Abiola and it seeks to reward deserving actors and actresses for their contribution to the development of film in Nigeria. Speaking with the star on the significance of the Award who has since returned to the country she said, 'I couldn't be more happier (to win this Award). This has been a particularly tough year for me but God has been faithful.

He has seen me through and I am most grateful'. So whats new for the bubbling actress? "Well, I have acted in a couple of movies recently,  one of which will be premiering at SilverBird Cinema at the end of the month. Its called 'Nollywood Hustler' and is a comedy. I really enjoyed showing that side of me. So what else is new? 'Well, I have a column in one of Nigerian newspapers on Saturday where I write about various issues. You should check it out sometime'.

Hmm,  maybe I will. Mona Lisa,  writing a column? That'll be interesting.
http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/6103/2/mona-lisa-wins-award-for-best-actress-at-afro-holl.html

Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by semid4lyfe(m): 12:25pm On Nov 21, 2009
See as she be like mammy water for that pix.
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by SmashingM(f): 12:33pm On Nov 21, 2009
Can someone please show me what is not fake in all her ensemble?
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by koolchicco: 12:34pm On Nov 21, 2009
semid4lyfe:

See as she be like mammy water for that pix.

Haba Semid! But that's unfair to a sultry Diva like Mona na. tongue
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 21, 2009
Not questioning her acting prowess but what happened to people like Omotola, Genevieve, Desmond Elliot et al??

Oh well, who cares. This is Nollytrash we are talking about.
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by koolchicco: 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2009
OMO IBO:

Not questioning her acting prowess but what happened to people like[b] Omotola, Genevieve, Desmond Elliot et al??
[/b]
Oh well, who cares. This is Nollytrash we are talking about.

Are u saying that these trio are beta than Mona when it comes to sex acting? undecided
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by frenchman(m): 12:44pm On Nov 21, 2009
of course they are!! No offence, but she is not that fantastic as an actress.
I guess, the organisers just wanted the award to go round
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2009
koolchicco:

Are u saying that these trio are beta than Mona when it comes to sex acting? undecided
I'm not taking anything away from her.
I believe she's one of the top actresses in Nigeria at the moment.

But when you have people like geneveive, Omotola, Rita Dominic and others one would wonder how she got the award.

But then again, this is Nollywood.

meanwhile, are you the same koolchicco on youtube??
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by koolchicco: 12:53pm On Nov 21, 2009
OMO IBO:

But when you have people like geneveive, Omotola, Rita Dominic and others one would wonder how she got the award.

'I and My Father' are One! wink Thanks for ur time there Bros.
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by candylips(m): 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2009
koolchicco:

[/b]

'I and My Father' are One! wink Thanks for your time there Bros.
the chinco man i salute o. i no no say na you be the same area father for youtube o  cool
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2009
//
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by koolchicco: 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2009
sauer:

Excuse me, who's Mona Lisa? (yawn)

Nollywood Sultry Actress and My Sister in the LORD! cheesy

candylips:

the chinco man i salute o. i no no say na you be the same area father for youtube o  cool

Now u know, Can I have Abbey for the Weekend then? grin
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by Parohfrey(f): 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2009
SmashingM:

Can someone please show me what is not fake in all her ensemble?

bad belle na im go wound that your mouth.
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2009
//
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 21, 2009
Bad clothes, bad weave all bad everything grin grin She is an ok actress though.
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by SmashingM(f): 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2009
Paroh_frey:

bad belle na im go wound that your mouth.

Bad belle for Nigerian blonde? grin grin grin
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by Parohfrey(f): 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2009
na bad belle go kill some people. Meanwhile her fame dey rise, when you bury yahself for your room and spending idle time on nairaland.
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2009
monalisa?
okaaaaaay.
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2009
Its trills me when people say people are "spending time on NL" when they are doing the exact same thing grin grin grin grin
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by Parohfrey(f): 3:25pm On Nov 21, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Its trills me when people say people are "spending time on NL" when they are doing the exact same thing grin grin grin grin

but the person you are dissing aint, cos she got better things to do.
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by SmashingM(f): 3:38pm On Nov 21, 2009
Paroh_frey:

And you do not have better things to do? grin grin grin grin
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by naliakar: 3:45pm On Nov 21, 2009
OMO IBO:

I keep asking myself the same question. With an actor like Omotola and to a lesser extent gene and the rest, How did Mona Lisa even attract attention? I mean she is just OKAY as a star. Can someone tell us more about this price. Something ain't right.
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by koolchicco: 3:50pm On Nov 21, 2009
naliakar:

I keep asking myself the same question. With an actor like Omotola and to a lesser extent gene and the rest, How did Mona Lisa even attract attention? I mean she is just OKAY as a star. Can someone tell us more about this price. Something ain't right.

I bet you're insinuating the Organizers used Ojoro abi? undecided

Nah!!!! tongue
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by vanitty: 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2009
Must omotola or gene get every award going undecided
weren't there better known actress the year jennifer hudson won supporting role?
Good luck to her, she probably works as hard if not more than the more popular once
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by koolchicco: 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2009
vanitty:

weren't there better known actress the year jennifer hudson won supporting role?
Good luck to her, she probably works as hard if not more than the more popular once

Am wit you on this. Nice One! kiss
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by naliakar: 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2009
koolchicco:

[/b]

I bet you're insinuating the Organizers used Ojoro abi? undecided

Nah!!!! tongue

Ojoro!!!!!? Let us find out. Let her savor he 15 minutes of fame. She is Nigerian after all and a beautiful one too. Screams too much though: in movies as well as in appearance.
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by naliakar: 3:59pm On Nov 21, 2009
vanitty:

Not both. Just OMO. Can't you even see.
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 21, 2009
Paroh_frey:

What about you hun? or is your cat typing all this for you while you are doing "better things"? cheesy cheesy
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by koolchicco: 4:23pm On Nov 21, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

What about you hun? or is your[size=13pt] cat typing[/size] all this for you while you are doing "better things"? cheesy cheesy

Maybe its Her Dog. . . lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by candylips(m): 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2009
koolchicco:

Now u know, Can I have Abbey for the Weekend then? grin

the original chicco . . . mr youtube . but u know thats not possible na. Ask me any other thing  wink
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2009
seriously monalisa one of the best actresses?
ive watched at least 10 of her movies, and now i avoid her movies!
her english is out of this world! her accent is WAY too forced (one of the worst accents in nollywod) her acting is pure rubbish.
well again thats my opinion. i still wonder why they give her movie roles? seriously her acting is shit, she always yells with her bad english, and on top of that she always has horrible hair.
i really dont know what happened with this.
but then again maybe they wanted to change things up a bit.
what a nice thing for her after a bitter divorce.
Re: Mona Lisa Wins Award For Best Actress At Afro Hollywood Awards by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2009
yeah and i always wondered if you were the same koolchicco from youtube.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Somebody Help Out ! Genevieve Or D Banj Who Is Richer? / Omoni Oboli Covers Allure Magazine. / JACK DANIEL who potrays himself as Andrew Harvey(GOLDIE's HUSBAND)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.