Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Is Recharge Card Money - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Recharge Card Money (2240 Views)

Stop Wasting Your Recharge Card Money / First To Interpret This Has 1k Recharge Card / What Is The Technology Behind Recharge Card Pins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Recharge Card Money by Rockyrascal(m): 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
Hello nairalanders;
They say a problem half shared is a problem half solved. Just like my topic above reads, I will love to go straight to the point.
My second semester in school (2016) was where this question "is recharge card money" sprunged up. My macro economics lecturer walked into the hall and then asked this question as his test question of the semester which we all never expected. Though we treated "money" as our last topic in the scheme of work but we weren't expecting this type of question that left half the class perplexed. After the test which was five mins or less, I took it upon myself by embarking on a research about the question asked by my lecturer earlier.
I surfed the internet but no straight forward answer was given so I decided to come over to nairaland were we have the economists and all other renaissance people grin so I want to know, is recharge card money?
Re: Is Recharge Card Money by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 03, 2017
Define 'Money' in Economics.

What are the characteristics of money in economics?

You are on your way to finding solution.

2 Likes

Re: Is Recharge Card Money by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
yeah...recharge card is money.

Recharge card is accepted as a medium of exchange and also for the settlement of debt. Taking an instance, when you recharge your phone with a token say #200. That given amount can serves as a medium of exchange if it's being used for data subscription.

For any recharge, you can also settle your debt. This scenario clearly play out when an individual has an outstanding amount on his SIM, s/he can settled his debt through recharge card.

Lastly, if you are a Punter, you will understand this situation. Through recharge card/ voucher you can place a bet. Almost all betting site accepts Voucher as a substitute for money.

From all indication, you can see Recharge card is Money.

1 Like

Re: Is Recharge Card Money by YhungPablo(m): 8:37pm On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Is Recharge Card Money by Rockyrascal(m): 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2017
YoungRichRuler:

Define 'Money' in Economics.

What are the characteristics of money in economics?

You are on your way to finding solution.
thank you
Re: Is Recharge Card Money by Rockyrascal(m): 9:49pm On Jan 03, 2017
YhungPablo:
I know you have sense,but deciding not to use it is what annoys me.
Re: Is Recharge Card Money by YhungPablo(m): 11:05pm On Jan 03, 2017
Rockyrascal:
I know you have sense,but deciding not to use it is what annoys me.

(1) (Reply)

I Scored 251 In Jamb, Can I Get Admission To Study Pharmacy? / Pre-degree Form / Error On Uniben Online Clearance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.