Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,142 members, 7,953,524 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:58 PM

Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley (46436 Views)

5-0 Defeat: Puel Blamed For Not Starting Iheanacho / Klavan Strike Gives Liverpool Victory Against Burnley / Coutinho Ready To Start Against Burnley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
nwamehn:

OK, u define exceptional coach as a coach that manages low budget team and wins something big, let me discount FA cups, super cups, charity cups etc and assume that the something big u mean is what we have been discussing here since which is either premier league or champions league. Wenger stays 20years in Arsenal with a low budget and wins only three premier league titles which translates to winning one premier league title in six to seven years. Do u also group Wenger as exceptional coach if he managed low budget team but was only able to win something big once in six years? If yes, then other examples of exceptional coaches would be Kenny Dalglish, Claudio Rianeri, Rafael Benitez, Jose Mourinho, etc and not Alex Ferguson.
2. Go check the salaries of the men that played under Ferguson in Man U and u realise he didn't have any low budget team then. Check Rooney, Vidic, Ferdinand, Young, Van Persie, Ronaldo and so many of them including the old players, comparing their salaries with the salaries of other players in Europe then, u realise the man didn't have a low budget. Man United had always been the club that paid players biggest wages in England till Man City and Chelsea emerged to compete with them and Man City and Chelsea haven't even been able to entirely out-pay them since. So, Ferguson as an example doesn't fit into ur definition of exceptional coaches.
Do u sincerely agree that Kenny Dalglish, Claudio Rianeri, Rafa Benitez, Wenger are exceptional coaches and Guardiola isn't?

I enjoyed your analysis and deep understanding of football. You are welcomed to join the team of analyst on the Super Eagles thread. Your input will help a lot.

Hope to read your comments.

The New Super Eagles Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup and The Dawn of a New Era

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/new-super-eagles-thread-russia/432#52530017
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by Codes151(m): 7:56pm On Jan 04, 2017
ThisCouldBeUs:
Average coach. Today he wants to retire...tomorrow another rubbish excuse for failing man city squad.
him feel say na to dey ready made team be coaching
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by Segadem(m): 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2017
Ximenez:
In Spain, Guardiola only have two teams to worry about and the El classico is the only big match where he had to worry about. But in Epl any team can beat any team cos even the so called small teams have exceptional players thanks to the money generated from TV right and how it's shared unlike the LA Liga where the two big teams are light years ahead of others, how many teams in La Liga can afford Neymar, Messi, Suarez, Bale or Ronaldo?
laliga is not healthy financially, how can two teams be given a lion share revenue among twenty teams, that's why it's very difficult for any team to rub shoulder with them, barca and real Madrid are benefiting from unhealthy sharing revenues which make the league less competitive compare to other league

...even Jurgen Klopp confessed recently that EPL is very much tougher than laliga
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by nwamehn: 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I enjoyed your analysis and deep understanding of football. You are welcomed to join the team of analyst on the Super Eagles thread. Your input will help a lot.

Hope to read your comments.

The New Super Eagles Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup and The Dawn of a New Era

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/new-super-eagles-thread-russia/432#52530017

Thanks boss. Na u bad pass.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by barcaboi(m): 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
chrissy3:
like I stated he was on loan to espanyol at the age of 19 bt he was an inter player and you said costa wasn't among top 5 strikers and aguero that's why I gave you proof and by the way since when is it that you must score more than one season to be among the top 5 .Now let me ask if let's say hazard wins world best ,is he not number one on the list at that time? Costa and aguero at that time where among top 5 strikers plus falcao had already left in costa's last season .please don't downplay those players achieve cause you don't like epl. Plus please name the strikers that were top 5 in the list that aguero and costa didn't make.I can tell you confidently you can't count the strikers that are better at that time.When you know the truth say it.
bros b4 aguero came 3rd...dere was falcao and higuain....3rd and 4th for like 2 consecutive seasons....aguero has always been good but not as prolific as he is now...facts...he cod dribble d whole barca team and som1 else scores....fact
forlan was in same team as aguero u don 4get and was top scorer 2009 or so....32 goals....
la liga had llorente who was on mad form at a point...benzema...are u kidding?....villa, amongst others btw 2009 and 2013.....like I said don't expand d topic 2 mean I don't like epl...bros I hate d fkin hype like no other player can strive dere...go back and read my comment and stop creating an accusation where none exist....

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by chrissy3(m): 7:30am On Jan 05, 2017
ddippset:
the irony of it all is that only messi and ronaldo have had those kinds of goal records even in spain. there are so many other strikers who played in spain and england and they had the same numbers of goals at both places. maybe barca and Madrid have had too much quality over the years to support messi and ronaldo. but seriously if messi comes to the EPL with his barca team that gave him 50 goals a season and ronaldo comes to the EPL with the same exact madrid team that gave him 48 goals in a season, they would both score same. truth is that the world has never had players who scored more goals than messi and ronaldo.
CHECK how many goals suarez scored last season
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by ddippset(m): 7:43am On Jan 05, 2017
chrissy3:
CHECK how many goals suarez scored last season
meaning what? I don't know what you are implying but that's probably the difference between you and me. Football fans are so fickle nowadays. FOOTBALL DOES NOT BEGIN AND END WITH GOALS. why do you people keep talking about 'check how many goals he scored, this and that'. Its embarrassing to hear so called football fans talk like this. I tell you solemnly barca still hasn't seen the Luis Suarez form that made them buy him from Liverpool. Forget the goals that messi and co were giving him on a platter. Suarez played his best football in life at Liverpool.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by chrissy3(m): 12:28pm On Jan 05, 2017
ddippset:
meaning what? I don't know what you are implying but that's probably the difference between you and me. Football fans are so fickle nowadays. FOOTBALL DOES NOT BEGIN AND END WITH GOALS. why do you people keep talking about 'check how many goals he scored, this and that'. Its embarrassing to hear so called football fans talk like this. I tell you solemnly barca still hasn't seen the Luis Suarez form that made them buy him from Liverpool. Forget the goals that messi and co were giving him on a platter. Suarez played his best football in life at Liverpool.
You said only messi and ronaldo have scored that much goals that's y I said you should check suarez .Is it not obvious how suarez goal scoring doubled immediately he stepped foot in spain ? Bottom line is Spanish league defenses are a bonus to ronaldo and messi and both players won't score those numbers if they were in england but unfortunately no one can confirm.
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by ddippset(m): 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
chrissy3:
You said only messi and ronaldo have scored that much goals that's y I said you should check suarez .Is it not obvious how suarez goal scoring doubled immediately he stepped foot in spain ? Bottom line is Spanish league defenses are a bonus to ronaldo and messi and both players won't score those numbers if they were in england but unfortunately no one can confirm.
i tell you for free that the last season suarez played for liverpool and shared the golden boot with ronaldo at 31 goals he missed up to 6games or more without a single penalty. what do you call that? with his form then hi might have gotten over 40 goals in the epl too. messi and ronaldo have scored well and consistently against the biggest english teams which are man u, man city, arsenal and liverpool in the past 3 or 4 years. maybe these english teams have spanish defenses too? what about other spanish strikers? what about diego costa, samuel eto, diego forlan, ronaldo de lima, raul gonzalez, benzema, higuain, griezman? why haven't they scored as astronomically as messi and ronaldo playing in spain? It's about messi and ronaldo being exceptionally good in front of goal, nothing more. and they would do same in the epl.
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by Segadem(m): 4:03pm On May 11, 2017
LesbianBoy:
Over-hyped coach! If it was in barca or bayern, by now he would have won the league already! rubbish!

"Special one" is far better!

I am so happy he fell for our "trap" by listening to we "haters" who told him to come to EPL to prove himself!

He (Guardiola) will go trophyless this season!

Btw...How I wish messi will also fall for our "trap" and come to england. Lemme see whether he will win all the trophies like he is doing at barcelona grin grin
hahahaha, my brother he don go trophyless oh!!!
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by raumdeuter: 7:31pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ximenez:
. My point is Guardiola is very good but I'm scared he might find it difficult to Win the Epl with Tiki Taka, he's already frustrated already talking about retirement and all at 45, and i can vividly remember at the start of the season when he said he wanted City to lose after winning their first ten matches. I guess he got excited too quickly.

How about now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bet9ja Introduce Zoom Soccer / Tyson Fury Fights 8 Security Guards At WWE Smackdown To Confront Wrestler(Photos / EPL: Three Clubs Interested In Signing Cristiano Ronaldo From Man Utd Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.