Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:23 AM

Spirit Meat: The Odds That God Works With (2) - John 11:1-45 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirit Meat: The Odds That God Works With (2) - John 11:1-45 (384 Views)

Spirit Meat Devotional / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / The Power Of Your Faith (2) - John 11:17-44, Mark 5:25-34, Habbakuk 2:4, Hebrews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spirit Meat: The Odds That God Works With (2) - John 11:1-45 by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 04, 2017
When Jesus was told that Lazarus was sick, he refused to go until the third day and by then he had died. Thereafter, He said to His disciples, now let’s go. When he was sick why didn’t He go? Because somebody may turn up in future and say Lazarus fainted and did not die or the sickness of Lazarus was just malaria and there was no special miracle, but Jesus showed up four days after he had died and had been buried. Even the people said he was stinking, so there was no room for any argument. 

The lesson God is teaching us here is that, “There is no case or condition in your life that is closed with God”. Lazarus’ tomb had been closed and sealed, but He said open it up again. God deliberately did that because if the Bible says God is good then it will be contrary to His nature to deliberately wait for Lazarus to die, but for you to understand the kind of God you are dealing with when you face cases that you have closed and normally speaking, nothing else can be done, then you can know that with God, something can still be done. 

A young man slipped as he was climbing a mountain and as he was falling, he grabbed a stump of wood coming out of the mountain with his hand crying; “Anybody there, help me! Please, help me!” Then he heard a voice, “Yes, I’m here I can help you.” He said, “Who are you?” The voice replied, “Jesus is my name; I will help you on the condition that you drop the stump you are holding.” The young man said immediately, “Any other person there?” And that’s the exact way we behave many times. Until you drop what you are holding, God will not help you, because the odds are that you are likely to transfer the credit to what you are holding and the word of God says, “I am the Lord that is my name. My glory will I not share with any other person.”

PRAYER: Lord, show me what I am holding on to that is hindering you from working in my life, I invite you today because I believe my case is not closed with you. Thank you Lord in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Bible in a year: Genesis 8:1-10:32, Matthew 4:12-25, Psalm 4:1-8, Proverbs 1:20-23

God bless you!
Rev. Olusola Areogun
Re: Spirit Meat: The Odds That God Works With (2) - John 11:1-45 by mohamedali(m): 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kztimhdKKhc

IN THE NAME OF GOD .
Chapter 36 ( ya- seen)

{37. Another sign for them is the night: We strip the day out of it—and they are in darkness.
38. And the sun runs towards its destination. Such is the design of the Almighty, the All-Knowing.
39. And the moon: We have disposed it in phases, until it returns like the old twig.
40. The sun is not to overtake the moon, nor is the night to outpace the day. Each floats in an orbit.
41. Another sign for them is that We carried their offspring in the laden Ark.
42. And We created for them the like of it, in which they ride.
43. If We will, We can drown them—with no screaming to be heard from them, nor will they be saved.
44. Except by a mercy from Us, and enjoyment for a while.
45. Yet when it is said to them, “Beware of what lies before you, and what lies behind you, that you may receive mercy.”
46. Yet never came to them a sign of their Lord’s signs, but they turned away from it.
47. And when it is said to them, “Spend of what God has provided for you,” those who disbelieve say to those who believe, “Shall we feed someone whom God could feed, if He so willed? You must be deeply misguided.”
48. And they say, “When will this promise be, if you are truthful?”
49. All they can expect is a single blast, which will seize them while they feud.
50. They will not be able to make a will, nor will they return to their families.}

(1) (Reply)

I Know Him / Muslims I Need Answers Please / MSSN OAU Jihad Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.