Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,529 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Muslims I Need Answers Please - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims I Need Answers Please (382 Views)

I Need Answers Please / I Need Answers To These Questions Pls! / Crisis Of Faith...pls I Need Answers To Some Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Muslims I Need Answers Please by RR2J(m): 10:49am On Jan 18, 2017
First of all, am a Christian, not just that, Am someone who searches for truth. This post is not meant to encourage any form of violence, either, physical, spiritual, social or verbal violence.

Ok, well I study the Bible, including the Qur’an, Yes I really do. But before now I used to believe God is One, but that thought got obliterated when I started reading both the Bible and Quran. So first I’ll be talking ‘bout God in both the Muslim and the Christian terms.

GOD

To the Muslims God is not only a harsh, wrathful God, even though he is those things too. The Muslims considers his God all-loving and merciful, sura 11:90 says “Ask for forgiveness of your Lord, then repent to him; surely my lord is All-compassionate, All-loving” and Sura 84:14 says, “He is the all-forgiving, all-loving”. The Quran is clear that Allah is Compassionate and merciful, but aside from the two passages(as above) where God is called the “All-loving”, there’s not a single passage in the Quran that God loves any part of mankind, nor is there a single verse that shows we can relate with God, although God is believed to be a person. Unlike the Christian, the Muslim cannot have a personal relationship with God. Now in the scriptures we learnt that those who trust in Christ do the will of the father (God), and have been redeemed and adopted as sons (Romans 8:14-15; Galatians 3:26). We are heirs of God (Galatians 4:7) and the Father deals with us as His children (Matthew 12:47; Mark 3:35; Hebrews 12:5-7). We can even be called His friends (John 15:13-15; James 2:23). On the other hand, those that deny the son have the devil for their father (John 8:44).
According to Sura 42:11 God has no likeness, is transcendent (sura 4:171), is unknowable (apart from revelation), and is wholly other and totally different. He is neither physical nor spirit. But the Bible contradicting the Quran, tells us we have been created in God’s likeness (Genesis 1:26-27) and we have knowledge of God in our hearts (Romans 1:19-20). Moreover, the bible tells us God is spirit(John 4:24).

Another thing that has been bothering me in the Quran is[b] “abrogation”(naskh)[/b], a legal term referring to the “destroying or the annulling of a former law by an act of the legislative power, by constitution authority, or by usage.” This is taught in three separate places in the Quran. Sura 2:100/106 says, “and for whatever verse we abrogate or cast into oblivion, we bring one better or like it”, sura 13:39 says[b] “Every term has a book. God blots out, and he establishes whatsoever he will; and with him is the mother of all books”[/b]; sura 16:101 says “When We substitute one revelation for another, – and Allah knows best what He reveals , they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not.
Now if God is the All-knowing, on what basis is there a need to substitute? Jesus said in Matthew 5:17 that he has not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it . Scripture is never abrogated, because God never change (Malachi 3:6). so if the Quran is obliterated we encounter several problems like:
1. Can the Quran be trusted?, because it contains “divinely inspired” contradictions. If God has a history of abrogating his own revelation, the “eternal speech of God,” how can one be certain that he will not abrogate it in the future?

2. It may be argued that it will not be abrogated in the future since Mohammed was “the last prophet”. But how do we know that he will not abrogate that and send us more prophets?

3. If God can abrogate his eternal speech, then how can we trust him with our eternal soul? Shall we depend on his mercy? How do we know he will continue to be merciful as he was in the past, who even know if he has been merciful in the past? Since the mercy section in the Quran may themselves actually be abrogation/substitutions.

4. If God has done any abrogating, as the Quran indicates, it does not indicate progressive revelation, which is additive, but rather contradiction and annulment, which subtracts from revelation since at least some portion of past revelation has been cancelled. This would mean that God either did not know how future contingent events would turn out, or he did but purposefully changed his mind.

5. If God can abrogate past divine revelation it seems to indicate intellectual weakness at the very least. It not only causes deficiency for omniscience, since he did not have foreknowledge to avoid the need for abrogation, but also for omnipotent (because he did have foreknowledge he apparently did not have the power to carry out effective preventive measures), as well as other attributes.

Now I’ll be talking ‘bout Jesus in Both terms

JESUS
To Muslims Jesus is merely one of the prophets of Allah (Sura 4:171; 5:74). According to Islam, the prophet Muhammad supersedes Jesus. Jesus Christ is not the Son Of God or a part of any trinity (Sura 5:17; 5:116; 19:35), and he was a slave whom God showed favor (Sura 43:59) but yet we are told the messiah is not a slave in sura 4:172. And he did not atone for anyone’s sin he was himself sinless and was close to God. Now talking about the resurrection of Jesus, various Muslim Tradition said he miraculously substituted Judas Iscariot for himself on the cross, or that God miraculously delivered him from the hands of the Romans and Jews before he could be Crucified . While most Muslims believe that Jesus was taken bodily into heaven without having died (Sura 4:157). However, Sura 19:33 says he died and would be resurrected.

I NEED ANSWERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Ten Reasons To Go To Church(must Read For All Christians) / Is Muhammad That Prophet? / Sowing In Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.