Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? (12608 Views)

The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? / Is Nigeria A Good Place To Live? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by femigirl(f): 11:44am On Jan 24, 2010
This topic had me tears couldn't stop laughing grin,

GNBohr, you talk so much sense, I have stay in naija for three weeks and only spend £125 and other times been there for 2 weeks and spend £700. Now, when I go home I have a budget and I stick to it. If don’t have it I will not spend it.

ubamu2029, how did the trip go then tell us all?
wink
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by akinalabi(m): 10:46pm On Jan 24, 2010
debosky:

You are a BIG BOY. grin

Again, I was in naija early this month and I spent just a few days - apart from major contributions to the social events I went for, I spent less than 50k for the 5 days I was there, INCLUDING hotel bills!

50k in 5 days including hotel bills? shocked

Its either you did not type that right or you slept in a rat infested hotel grin
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by Orilee9ice(m): 6:09pm On Jan 25, 2010
I have just come back from Xmas holidays with my family (of 5) and i dont think we spent more than £2,000.00 for the 3 weeks we were in Lagos, this also included daily runnings and the usual "egbon kuu'lee aburo kaa bo" and attending and participating in 2 high society traditional engagement and Church weddings, one in Lagos and the other in Abuja (with the whole shibang of Aso ebi, and spraying oh!) with all the "big boys" in both states,

its just a matter of "cutting your coat according to your size" if fact if my famiy didnt go with me, i would have spent less sef,

To my country people in the diaspora, many of you run from visiting home because of this impression of how much I need to be able to stay comfortable, ask your self the question, if you are actually going back to your family to see and be with them and not to go and show off, you dont need a little bit more than what you averagely spend where you are resided now exluding flight cost, gift cost amd may be accomodation if there is no relative to squat with. The gift cost should even be moderate. Some of the items you take home are even cheaper in Nigeria.[/b
]

Gbamm!! i couldnt agree with you more, 9ja peeps are not even impressed with "been-to's like us anymore, they say we are [b]too stingy
when it comes to spending money! (of course when u convert it, (x250) you will nearly faint and shout, haa i wont buy this for that amt if i was over there oh!) wink grin
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by ayettymama(f): 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2010
hehehehe

i am a village girl

i stayed on campus wiv my sisters

and i still managed to spend arnd £600

but i doubt i budgeted properly

maybe if u plan well it will be ok
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by agabaI23(m): 11:54pm On Feb 01, 2010
Hmmm how did you manage the teaming ndiogo (uninvited suitors) that throng the hostels insearch of willing babes!^^

Your dressing would make it obvious you are been-to . . . . hectic and good time?
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by ayettymama(f): 12:01am On Feb 02, 2010
looool

omg its like unno!
it was kool i had loads of fun
i stayed at the campus for like a week
my sis stays at one of those SU hotels so i wasnt bothered much
my dressin. . . . . loool
but i did have a great time
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by agabaI23(m): 12:07am On Feb 02, 2010
ayettymama:

looool

omg its like unno!
it was kool i had loads of fun
i stayed at the campus for like a week
my sis stays at one of those SU hotels so i wasnt bothered much
my dressin. . . . . loool
but i did have a great time
I know it because I came from there. Good time is guaranteed for sure.

Your dressing of course will be bold. About 90% of been-tos will lose there conservativeness such that they will stand out in a Nigerian crowd.
The quality and design also . . . . grin

It is good you had a good time.
You were just being sensible anyway.
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by ayettymama(f): 12:09am On Feb 02, 2010
lol
not really i couldnt be too extravagant
im abit too popular back home!
they will just report me!!
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by mamagee3(f): 12:10am On Feb 02, 2010
Nigeria is worth less than Nairaland, If you doubt me ask Yaradua.
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by ayettymama(f): 12:11am On Feb 02, 2010
^^ you this girl u wont kill me ooo!!

LMAO
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by agabaI23(m): 12:14am On Feb 02, 2010
ayettymama:

lol
not really i couldnt be too extravagant
im abit too popular back home!
they will just report me!!

To who? Looks like you are still under 17 undecided
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by ayettymama(f): 12:22am On Feb 02, 2010
hehehehehe

ill take that as a compliment

everyone from my household must be decent at all times!!
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by agabaI23(m): 12:25am On Feb 02, 2010
You have a martinet for a father? ^
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by nana(f): 12:32am On Feb 02, 2010
Hmmm,interesting. Atleast,I know how much i'ld be looking at spending when I finally go home cheesy
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by agabaI23(m): 1:16am On Feb 02, 2010
Yea get ready when you finally get a visa! grin
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by nana(f): 11:13am On Feb 02, 2010
agabaI23:

Yea get ready when you finally get a visa! grin
Lol,u are a chicken grin
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by DisGuy: 1:20pm On Feb 02, 2010
nana:

Hmmm,interesting. Atleast,I know how much i'ld be looking at spending when I finally go home cheesy

haba, you've been saying that for the past 10years!! tongue
we dey helep you count am o!
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by nana(f): 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2010
Dis Guy:

haba, you've been saying that for the past 10years!! tongue
we dey helep you count am o!
Hahaha,about 10yrs! Na 20 yrs jare
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by Pharoh: 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2010
nana:

Hahaha,about 10yrs! Na 20 yrs jare

I thought mine was even bad self tongue

Make you do go house ooo cheesy
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by nana(f): 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2010
Pharoh:

I thought mine was even bad self  tongue

Make you do go house ooo  cheesy

Hahaha,I will,when i feel like tongue

PS: your profile pic is  lipsrsealed
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by agabaI23(m): 2:27pm On Feb 02, 2010
nana:

Lol,u are a chicken grin
And you are a roaster tongue
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by Pharoh: 5:23pm On Feb 02, 2010
nana:

Hahaha,I will,when i feel like tongue

PS: your profile pic is  lipsrsealed

Please do i bet you will enjoy it.

I am going this year as well.

You are free to comment about my profile pics lol. cheesy
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by nana(f): 7:14pm On Feb 02, 2010
Pharoh:

Please do i bet you will enjoy it.

I am going this year as well.

You are free to comment about my profile pics lol. cheesy

Yeah. Will go soon.
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by iblek01(m): 7:53am On Feb 03, 2010
Hello Dis guy,
I dont know what to do again that is why i have to contact you here. I have been posting some post on travel board but i couldn't see any of my post there. please help out the topic is very related to that board; the topic is INTERNATIONAL DRIVEN LICENSE AT YOUR DOORSTEP, So please help me out of this problem. my id on here is iblek01.
thanks.
Olalekan.

iblek01@yahoo.com
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by blackcat1: 11:16am On Feb 05, 2010
@poster xmas is over, I'm guessing you are back now. So, how was it? I mean 200k and all. Was it enough?
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by ubamu2029: 9:24am On Apr 21, 2010
Yea, Christmas is over and my journey back home was wow!
I finally travelled with N350k and it went a long way.
I had to spend an extra £300 but it was fun being to Nigeria.

I stayed with a friend for a day in Lagos but it was a bit hot.
Didn't know taxis charge up to N3,500 for a distance of about 25 miles.

I asked my friend who came to meet me at the airport to buy Mtn SIM for me.
I inserted in a new phone I bought and called Mom etc.
But when I got home, I realized the phone dropped out of my pocket.
I rang the phone but it was switched off!
Just 5 minutes after.

While going to catch my local flight at MM2? I was stopped by the police and was searched.
My flight to PH was scheduled for 3pm and it was 1.30pm then. The traffic was bad.
I explained the situation to the men but it only made them slower in searching my luggage.

At last I had an idea. I offered them some items in my luggage. A can of John walter biscuits.
The Oga insisted on collecting all 3 in my luggage but I refused. A sister in-law specifically asked for them.
On seing a wallet I had in my baggage, they also wanted it. I asked the Oga to take it cos I was running late to catch my flight. After that they asked for bribe from the “big brother”. I bluntly refused. But realizing what time it was then (2:25pm), I gave them N1000 which they refused and I had to top it up to N2000.

When I got to the airport, I was told the airline I booked with wasn’t flyging to PH that day. I was told to wait in Lagos for 2 days but I refused. I got my refund and booked with another airline which was supposed to depart MM2 at 6pm. I was at the airport until 10pm. We finally made it to PH shortly before 11pm.I had to wait another 1 hr because our luggage were checked in as cargo and we had to go to another location to collect them.

My bros was waiting for me and he drove like a mad man cos the airport road was so lonely. Scary.

I had fun back home. I met my family, old friends etc. I was re-united with tombo liquor. I had to keep my pocket under control because everybody wanted something. I did the much I could.

On coming back to the UK, I could hadly get home. The snow covered everywhere. I couldn’t get a train out of London so I had to stay over. The following day, after much delays, I got on the train to my destination. When I got to my station, there were no Taxis on the road. I had to do the only possible thing. Walk a distance of over 14 miles. I was grateful to God I didn’t carry a lot of stuff. I only had a little hand luggage.

It was an eventful journey and I can’t wait for December to come again. I’m home again this year with a better budget.
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by Orilee9ice(m): 9:39am On Apr 21, 2010
eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! well done o,
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by omega25red(m): 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2010
chai you waka 14miles for England and no taxi shocked with all that snow i for just die lol
interesting story though glad you made it back. By the way how did the girls treat you in Nigeria? grin
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by Pennywise(m): 11:00am On Apr 22, 2010
Our away-ian bros make una dey prepare b/4 una come so that we can feel you. Not for una to come and generally fall hand like some I have seen.It can be embarrassing when friends and neighbors ask "what did he bring you?".And you ve nothing to say.

Sometimes as hosts we go out of our way to extend elaborate royal reception to our diaspora bros/sis so they feel welcome. And when they are abt to leave they distri $5-10 among the kids which even they (kids) find confounding and embarrassing. When they get back home they praise themselves on how much they saved.

Make una dey try. Abeg.
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by snowdrops(m): 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2010
mama-gee:

Nigeria is worth less than Nairaland, If you doubt me ask Yaradua.
Haba. That one na proper exaggeration. E neva bad reach like that bros.
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by candylips(m): 10:17am On Apr 23, 2010
14 miles inside snow. are u sure you about the distance
Re: How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? by DisGuy: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2010
Pennywise:

Our away-ian bros make una dey prepare b/4 una come so that we can feel you. Not for una to come and generally fall hand like some I have seen.It can be embarrassing [b]when friends and neighbors ask "what did he bring you?".[/b]And you ve nothing to say.

Sometimes as hosts we go out of our way to extend elaborate royal reception to our diaspora bros/sis so they feel welcome. And when they are abt to leave they distri $5-10 among the kids which even they (kids) find confounding and embarrassing. When they get back home they praise themselves on how much they saved.

Make una dey try. Abeg.

Isnt that in itself embarrassing, thought thats what kids do undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Bank Still Gives PTA As Cash-Urgent Please / *** General Croatian VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Traffic Advice For Road Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.