Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Please Help! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help! (698 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! by yoqnnq: 7:43am On Jan 04, 2017
Hi, I'm 19 and I have been on bromocriptine since last sept for hyperprolactinoma(high prolactin) which caused the severe amenorrhea(irregular period) I have. This started since I was 14 and m not sexually active. Although, I don't get to take the drug regularly because of its side effect. I had cramps like two weeks ago and thought my period would come but it stil didn't. I suffer severe headache too. Any suggestion? Or help? Thanks. PS: posted this on health section too.
Re: Please Help! by JudgementHammer: 7:52am On Jan 04, 2017
Shuu. But you're not breastfeeding yet. Abeg gimme milk, I need breast milk.

Let us see the picture of your mammary glands first.
Re: Please Help! by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 04, 2017
Look to Jesus..
Re: Please Help! by misspicy(f): 7:59am On Jan 04, 2017
yoqnnq:
Hi, I'm 19 and I have been on bromocriptine since last sept for hyperprolactinoma(high prolactin) which caused the severe amenorrhea(irregular period) I have. This started since I was 14 and m not sexually active. Although, I don't get to take the drug regularly because of its side effect. I had cramps like two weeks ago and thought my period would come but it stil didn't. I suffer severe headache too. Any suggestion? Or help? Thanks. PS: posted this on health section too.
please go and see a doctor.
Re: Please Help! by yoqnnq: 8:01am On Jan 04, 2017
misspicy:

please go and see a doctor.
I have. Done some test too that was why I was placed on bromocriptine embarassed buh my period is yet to come. cry
Re: Please Help! by misspicy(f): 8:06am On Jan 04, 2017
yoqnnq:
I have. Done some test too that was why I was placed on bromocriptine embarassed buh my period is yet to come. cry
Go back to the doctor dear,explain what you feel,if you are not comfortable with his prescriptions, I'd advice you let your parents know so they can take you to a gynecologist.

Don't joke with health issues that involves your reproductive organs.
Re: Please Help! by yoqnnq: 8:07am On Jan 04, 2017
misspicy:

Go back to the doctor dear,explain what you feel,if you are not comfortable with his prescriptions, I'd advice you let your parents know so they can take you to a gynecologist.

Don't joke with health issues that involves your reproductive organs.
I will .....thanks aot.
Re: Please Help! by misspicy(f): 8:12am On Jan 04, 2017
yoqnnq:
I will .....thanks aot.
I don't know if they will be online but lemme call the doctors I know. kingtom Flashh thorpido please EPP
Re: Please Help! by yoqnnq: 8:26am On Jan 04, 2017
misspicy:

I don't know if they will be online but lemme call the doctors I know.
kingtom
Flashh
thorpido
please EPP
alright.
Re: Please Help! by yomi007k(m): 9:00am On Jan 04, 2017
Hi

Bromocriptine is a drug used to correct high prolactin levels. U probably had breast pain or discharge, and will not menstrate regularly if at all.The reason u hv not seen ur menses is probably because ur prolactin levels r still high.

Did you do a hormonal profile test before commencement?

This drug can be used for as long as 6months to 3 years depending on the situation. You need to regularly consult ur physician because d longer d use more devastating d side effects.

I hope this helped.
P.s ensure to see ur physician.

Dr. Yomi
Re: Please Help! by yoqnnq: 9:23am On Jan 04, 2017
yomi007k:
Hi

Bromocriptine is a drug used to correct high prolactin levels. U probably had breast pain or discharge, and will not menstrate regularly if at all.The reason u hv not seen ur menses is probably because ur prolactin levels r still high.

Did you do a hormonal profile test before commencement?

This drug can be used for as long as 6months to 3 years depending on the situation. You need to regularly consult ur physician because d longer d use more devastating d side effects.

I hope this helped.
P.s ensure to see ur physician.

Dr. Yomi
yeh, I did the hormonal profile test...prolactin level was 830. Though I do have breast pain sometimes but no discharge. Thanks
Re: Please Help! by thorpido(m): 11:34am On Jan 04, 2017
yoqnnq:
yeh, I did the hormonal profile test...prolactin level was 830. Though I do have breast pain sometimes but no discharge. Thanks
If your prolactin level is still very high,you will need to continue with the drugs.Was it a gynaecologist you saw when you visited thhe hospital?I'll recommend you see a gynaecologist/endocrinologist.You can see one at a General hospital around where you live.

(1) (Reply)

MMM Resumption Date / Rising Cost Of Maintaining Girlfriend,we Need Subsidy / They Fell In Love In The Unlikeliest Of Places

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.