Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know (33509 Views)

15 Things You Didn't Know About Mercedes Benz / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know / Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Mercedes Benz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by AutoJoshNG: 10:42am On Jan 04, 2017
Whether you use a Mercedes or not , you can’t help but give kudos to this awesome automobile company .What you should also know is there are some very interesting facts about Mercedes.

1. Mercedes-Benz produced both a hybrid vehicle and an electric vehicle in 1906!
2. Each Mercedes 500E was hand-built by Porsche and took a full 18 days to make.
3. Anti-Lock Brakes were first used in Mercedes-Benz cars in 1978. They have been standard equipment on all Mercedes-Benz cars since model year 1989.
4. In 1936, Mercedes-Benz made the first diesel-engined production passenger car – the 260D
5. In 1886, Karl Benz was awarded a German patent for the invention of “the first automobile” known as the Motorwagen. Karl’s quest was actually financed by his wife, Bertha, but because she was a married woman, she was not allowed to apply for the patent.
6. Every Mercedes-Benz model carries disc brakes at all four wheels as standard equipment. Front and rear brake systems on all cars are separately activated; if one system somehow failed, the second would take over to stop you.
7. The steering system of your Mercedes-Benz carries its own- tiny built-in shock absorber, to cushion road shocks and damp them out before they can affect your hands on the steering wheel.
8. Prior to painting, every Mercedes ­Benz body is drowned in a 52-ton primer bath. This rich anti-corrosion coating seeps into every nook and cranny.
9. When the primer has been baked on, 25 pounds of permanent plasticized undercoating are sprayed on to the underside and wheel wells of every Mercedes-Benz. Another safeguard against rust.
10. The seats in the Mercedes-Benz cars were designed and shaped in consultation .with leading orthopedic physicians. These contoured, firmly upholstered seats envelop you-supporting vital kidney, back and knee-joint areas.Is that not awesome !!

I hope you enjoyed that guys ,is there anything you would like to add ?

Written by Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/facts-about-mercedes-you-should-know/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 04, 2017
And people wonder why I love Mercedes-Benz. What's NOT to love?!?!

They are the pioneers of most features that other automobiles are now adopting: self-closing doors (doors shut if they aren't closed properly), heated massaging seats, wipers are activated automatically once there's any sign of rain, etc. (I stand to be corrected).

Every single 3 M-100 6.9 and 6.3V8 Mercedes engine was hand-built and tested on an engine dyno for just over four hours, 40 minutes of which were at full throttle.

The W140 S Class featured double glazed windows and a heater that could deliver hot air, even when the engine was off!

Mercedes-Benz manufactured car won't ever rattle nor squeak regardless of age. The reason being Mercedes cars are welded in 10000 places which don't allow any space for the loosening of bolts and nuts.

Their engines are also something to marvel at. Their engines include overhead camshafts that deliver smooth, silent, safe driving even at high speeds. The engines are put through rigorous testing by the engineers and they are hand signed by them before put into an automobile to guarantee the quality of the engine. Even their steering system includes a built-in shock absorber to provide the passengers with a far more comfortable ride.

The coat of paint on a Mercedes car is smooth and glossy as a result of amount of effort placed into it. There are actually four coats of paint sprayed on the car before being hand polished. The last coat of paint is salt resistant and is also done manually for that smooth, glossy touch you see on all Mercedes-Benz cars. Even the tires used are of superior quality and it is capable of carrying an entire load of passengers smoothly even during high speeds.

All Mercedes models include fully synchronized manual and automatic transmissions as standard features. Higher series models however only incorporate automatic transmission.

How many cars have these features?

Das Beste Oder Nichts!!!!

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by monlawal(m): 11:06am On Jan 04, 2017
Mercedes my love

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:16am On Jan 04, 2017
MsDelilah:

They are the pioneers of most features that other automobiles are now adopting: self-closing doors (doors shut if they aren't closed properly), heated massaging seats, wipers are activated automatically once there's any sign of rain, etc. (I stand to be corrected).

Every single 3 M-100 6.9 and 6.3V8 Mercedes engine was hand-built and tested on an engine dyno for just over four hours, 40 minutes of which were at full throttle.

The W140 S Class featured double glazed windows and a heater that could deliver hot air, even when the engine was off!

Mercedes-Benz manufactured car won't ever rattle nor squeak regardless of age. The reason being Mercedes cars are welded in 10000 places which don't allow any space for the loosening of bolts and nuts.

Their engines are also something to marvel at. Their engines include overhead camshafts that deliver smooth, silent, safe driving even at high speeds. The engines are put through rigorous testing by the engineers and they are hand signed by them before put into an automobile to guarantee the quality of the engine. Even their steering system includes a built-in shock absorber to provide the passengers with a far more comfortable ride.

The coat of paint on a Mercedes car is smooth and glossy as a result of amount of effort placed into it. There are actually four coats of paint sprayed on the car before being hand polished. The last coat of paint is salt resistant and is also done manually for that smooth, glossy touch you see on all Mercedes-Benz cars. Even the tires used are of superior quality and it is capable of carrying an entire load of passengers smoothly even during high speeds.

All Mercedes models include fully synchronized manual and automatic transmissions as standard features. Higher series models however only incorporate automatic transmission.

shocked shocked

If it's not a Benz,it's not a ride!! grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 04, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

shocked shocked

If it's not a Benz,it's not a ride!! grin

I swear!!!

7 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:20am On Jan 04, 2017
MsDelilah:

I swear!!!

Which is your best Benz model?
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 04, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Which is your best Benz model?

As long as there's a Benz logo, be it old or new, I'm intrigued.

But my favourite is the S-Class. Especially the W140, also known as The Beast, The King of the S-Class grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by nurey(m): 11:46am On Jan 04, 2017
Everybody is got an amazing fact wink, not hating but BENZ is nothing but Old Glory cool

Quote me wrongly angry and i Crush you with my VW PHAETON VV12 grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by torres89: 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
MsDelilah:

I bet if you read a similar write up from ford

u gonna go gaga

technology is generally improving

in fact not just technology anymore but advanced technology...

8 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by isdore66(m): 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nice piece
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
nurey:
Everybody is got an amazing fact wink, not hating but BENZ is nothing but Old Glory cool

Quote me wrongly angry and i Crush you with my VW PHAETON VV12 grin
Mr crusher angry

I think they have created a 'brand', let's not call it 'old glory'_ there is an accounting term for it. You get to a point in business where your brand name sells for you grin

15 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 05, 2017
PaperLace:

Mr crusher angry

I think they have created a 'brand', let's not call it 'old glory'_ there is an accounting term for it. You get to a point in business where your brand name sells for you grin
It is not an accounting term, it is more of Marketing.

We have a lot of business that their brand sells for them and they hardly do any major advertising, E.g Ferrari, Benz and co.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 5:08am On Jan 05, 2017
LastMumu:

It is not an accounting term, it is more of Marketing.

We have a lot of business that their brand sells for them and they hardly do any major advertising, E.g Ferrari, Benz and co.
How did you know I tagged you in that post? angry
Thanks much, I knew you would clarify.
I always thought such 'grace' is attributed to goodwill (being an intangible asset) _I stand to be corrected. That's why I felt it's an accounting term.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Turks: 6:59am On Jan 05, 2017
No wonder it's so expensive
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by buchilino(m): 7:00am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

DER R TWO TYPES OF CARS IN D WORLD, BENZ N OTHERS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by marketresearch: 7:00am On Jan 05, 2017
For a fact mercedes brands are top notch, they offer luxury and value for money. And the good thing about mercedes is the respect it commands.

For your website design, online branding, blog design , ecommerce website etc visit www.leksmediaconcept.com

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 05, 2017
K
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by DozieInc(m): 7:04am On Jan 05, 2017
Mercedes-Benz is boss
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Ochinawata01(m): 7:05am On Jan 05, 2017
Benz ni,
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Mikylopez(f): 7:06am On Jan 05, 2017
i pulled out in a benz!!! iv always loved benz tho..first car is gonna be a benz second is also gonna be a benz

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by pankere(m): 7:07am On Jan 05, 2017
Benz was the first to introduce 3 point seat belts
First to introduce anti lock brakes
First to introduce safety airbags
First to introduce cruise control
First to introduce navigation system
In fact, if you want to know the luxury options that's going to be included in your latest cars in ten years time just check a latest Benz today. grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by 3KINGZ18: 7:07am On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

As long as there's a Benz logo, be it old or new, I'm intrigued.

But my favourite is the S-Class. Especially the W140, also known as The Beast, The King of the S-Class grin grin
this car is so rare here in nigeria i was even thinking is the special edition of the v-boot

3 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Rapmoney(m): 7:08am On Jan 05, 2017
I love Benz! cool
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Sutherland(m): 7:08am On Jan 05, 2017
The only two cars in the world.. ..benz and others

4 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by mrsage(m): 7:09am On Jan 05, 2017
Mercedes Benz, simply amazing.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by autotrader014(m): 7:12am On Jan 05, 2017
Benz cars are super machines. We have them for sale at affordable prices.

C230 kompressor 1.6m

S500 1.8m

C230 toks 2.3m

Our cars are in PH. Contact us on call or WhatsApp via

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 05, 2017
BMW dey try win our hearts o

750i
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by HtwoOw: 7:16am On Jan 05, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
Whether you use a Mercedes or not , you can’t help but give kudos to this awesome automobile company .What you should also know is there are some very interesting facts about Mercedes.

6. Every Mercedes-Benz model carries disc brakes at all four wheels as standard equipment. Front and rear brake systems on all cars are separately activated; if one system somehow failed, the second would take over to stop you.
7. The steering system of your Mercedes-Benz carries its own- tiny built-in shock absorber, to cushion road shocks and damp them out before

https://autojosh.com/facts-about-mercedes-you-should-know/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Wash !!
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by iheanyi40(m): 7:19am On Jan 05, 2017
Benz is class, definitely gonn b my first ride
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Princelegacylemoha(m): 7:20am On Jan 05, 2017
In a serious relationship with benz

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by chiraqDemon(m): 7:21am On Jan 05, 2017
buchilino:

DER R TWO TYPES OF CARS IN D WORLD, BENZ N OTHERS.
Benz, raris,lambos,gattis,fords,rolls,rovers,
Ma no lie cars plenty
Afterall if i borrow one rari bring am here u go abandon ur benz grin cheesy
My best is ford tho....just have to love it especially their trucks grin
cheesy
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by 0b10010011: 7:22am On Jan 05, 2017
The only Automobile that will make it to Heaven. The S-class in particular

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System / End Of Discussion Vs Discussion Continues / A Review Of Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet: Linda Ikeji's 2019 Dream Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.