Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know (33587 Views)

15 Things You Didn't Know About Mercedes Benz / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know / Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Mercedes Benz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Danfuster(m): 12:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
Timelezz:

1) Please don't put Mercedes in same sentence with Datsun, Honda and Nissan. Nice cars and engine alright. But hierarchy frowns at such grouping.

2)Mercedes produce the smoothest diesel engines whose combustion and drive is akin to a petrol engine.

3) What do you term an efficient engine?

4) Oh my lawd!!! Toyota and VW (the people's car) make cars for everyone with no character or muscle) front wheel drive train and boring cars. How the fück are you comparing biggest to best? And why do you think Toyota cleverly separate its luxury brand Lexus from the mass market crap they call Toyota?

And why did Audi became known as the luxury brand for VW? Abeg go do your research. Toyota na mass product woth no character for everyone.

You know nothing about cars. European cars are fundamentally different from Japanese cars in all segment.

After the Italians come the Germans and then the Brits.

Korea and Japan and USA are at the lower level.

Abeg, Mr, No car on earth drive's in comfort , what is now known as the magic carpet ride like a Mercedes S class.

No Japanese car can go round a bend like a BMW or Audi.

Bro... You better save your breath before you're called a Benz fan-boy... Anyways I'm an addict grin
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Danfuster(m): 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
Timelezz:
Abeg which car?

SL500 roadster... I maxed her out. She still wanted more.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
Danfuster:

People are starting to realize how cheap it is to maintain a benz. You hardly change spare part on a benz unlike the japs, that saves you from "penny wise, pound foolish"

Exactly! It may be expensive at that moment, but the parts are so durable. In the long run, you'll find you've saved more. Unlike Japanese cars, which have cheaper parts, but aren't so durable.

I can't count how many times I've had transmission issues with my Honda. After changing the gear switch, the engine seat, the gear mounting or whatever, I'm going to spend another 50k to buy a new transmission. I don tire! Cheaper to maintain, my foot! angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Marshalrhino(m): 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

It's so rare. Check out the hilarious photo below. grin grin

There was a time my dad was driving the family to the East in his W124. At some point, my mum shouted... "hey, enyi, 140km!!! Ha na chu gi? (Are they chasing you?) Biko slow down!" My dad told her "I didn't even know I was speeding, I thought I was making 80km or so".

My point is, with Benz, when you're on top speed, you wouldn't feel it. That's how balanced it is. It's like you're cruising!!!
hahaha that's the spirit...

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Timelezz: 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
Danfuster:

Bro... You better save your breath before you're called a Ben fan-boy... Anyways I'm an addict grin
Bro, na them sabi. I have never been a fan boy. I just fücking love evolving technology.

Mercedes is no 1 in comfort, safety and technology. Only the British Bentleys and Maclaren dey come close to the S class in comfort and interior.

Audi and BMW has bastard agility. They go round bends like kilode. At fücking high speed. Benz do that too but not at the level of BMW and Audi at the moment.
Average drivers won't know this.

Benz is also one of the freaking best in speed and acceleration. Especially at having engine stamina and muscle to accelerate when you're on top speed already, like 120 to 160.

Audi and BMW have made benz try to balance comfort and agility and Mercedes has improved on that greatly.

Japanese best solution is the Lexus. Nice ride quality but speed and control isn't up to European standards.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Danfuster(m): 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

I love this! Well written!!! You just spoke wrote my mind.

Imagine the cars he's mentioning. He didn't even mention Rolls Royce. He's calling Datsun, Toyota...

Japanese Cars = Cars for the masses
Mercedes-Benz = Cars for Royalty

Finito!

I never expected that comparism from a person of his caliber undecided angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Marshalrhino(m): 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Marshalrhino(m): 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
Mutuwa:

they fall,but rarely summersault.

This happened in Abuja,last year.
that driver must have been extremely careless cos dat's not even a rough terrain. I'll vouch for Benz anywhere, anytime
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Timelezz: 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
Danfuster:

SL500 roadster... I maxed her out. She still wanted more.
That's a monstrous beast of a car.

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
Timelezz:
Bro, na them sabi. I have never been a fan boy. I just fücking love evolving technology.

Mercedes is no in comfort, safety and technology.

Audi and BMW has bastard agility. They go round bends like kilode. At fücking high speed. Benz do that too but not at the level of BMW and Audi at the moment.

Benz is also one of the freaking best in speed and acceleration. Especially at having engine stamina and muscle to accelerate when you're on top speed already, like 120 to 160.

Audi and Mercedes has made benz try to balance comfort and agility and Mercedes has improved on that greatly.

Japanese best solution is the Lexus. Nice ride quality but speed and control isn't up to European standards.

I'm guessing you mean Number 1.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 05, 2017
Timelezz:
That's a monstrous beast of a car.

You can say that again!
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Danfuster(m): 1:08pm On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

Exactly! It may be expensive at that moment, but the parts are so durable. In the long run, you'll find you've saved more. Unlike Japanese cars, which have cheaper parts, but aren't so durable.

I can't count how many times I've had transmission issues with my Honda. After changing the gear switch, the engine seat, the gear mounting or whatever, I'm going to spend another 50k to buy a new transmission. I don tire! Cheaper to maintain, my foot! angry

Heya... Ndo! You didn't mention the ball joint pulling. Anytime you do a thing on Jap hinge legs , you must do balancing and alignment. You're in trouble if you don't.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Marshalrhino(m): 1:08pm On Jan 05, 2017
Danfuster:

Ooooh!.. You're gonna make me wanna post my tachometer again...
plz do
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2017
Danfuster:

Heya... Ndo! You didn't mention the ball joint pulling. Anytime you do a thing on Jap hinge legs , you must do balancing and alignment. You're in trouble if you don't.

Are you telling me?! Luckily for me, I've never had the ball joint pull out.

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Timelezz: 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

I'm guessing you mean Number 1.

Yes I have done the edit.

The Mercedes S class for decades has continued to lead the world standard for luxury. It is no wonder 70 percent of worlds Presidents opt for the S class drive.

It is still packed with the most sophisticated technologies in any automobile on top of its unrivalled ride quality.

Built with cameras underneath that scan the road ahead and adjust the car's suspension to take each porthole without the occupants knowing.

It is no fücking coincidence Mercedes has dominated F1 three times consecutively even dusting out Ferrari's new upgraded engine.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Marshalrhino(m): 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2017
PAQ:
BENZ's and BMW's are great cars but with rubbish second hand value! i wonder why, even the latest models... and i am not just talking here in Nigeria even abroad.
Benz i know have high second hand value to be specific recent products
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by ekmike(m): 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2017
PaperLace:

Mr crusher angry

I think they have created a 'brand', let's not call it 'old glory'_ there is an accounting term for it. You get to a point in business where your brand name sells for you grin
Do you mean goodwill
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by nurey(m): 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2017
Timelezz:

1) Please don't put Mercedes in same sentence with Datsun, Honda and Nissan. Nice cars and engine alright. But hierarchy frowns at such grouping.

2)Mercedes produce the smoothest diesel engines whose combustion and drive is akin to a petrol engine.

3) What do you term an efficient engine?

4) Oh my lawd!!! Toyota and VW (the people's car) make cars for everyone with no character or muscle) front wheel drive train and boring cars. How the fück are you comparing biggest to best? And why do you think Toyota cleverly separate its luxury brand Lexus from the mass market crap they call Toyota?

And why did Audi became known as the luxury brand for VW? Abeg go do your research. Toyota na mass product woth no character for everyone.

You know nothing about cars. European cars are fundamentally different from Japanese cars in all segment.

After the Italians come the Germans and then the Brits.

Korea and Japan and USA are at the lower level.

Abeg, Mr, No car on earth drive's in comfort , what is now known as the magic carpet ride like a Mercedes S class.

No Japanese car can go round a bend like a BMW or Audi.

Abeg bros, seems you intend picking a fight with me, and since am no hatter of brand or car, i wont pick a fight with you. I just said every car manufacturer has his own feat that no other has achieved

1. Benz S class is the standard for luxury you say, but even its superior maybach has been having tough time beating the Rolls Royce and the Bentley. Wonder why the Maybach was merged with Benz eventually go and do your research.
2. The VW beetle has not been beaten in terms of production run and amount produced and sold, even the closest car to it is a toyota corolla, no be me talk am, nah Alaroye talk am
3. Efficiency. hahaha grin see you tickling me on purpose, Toyota is the world leader in car environmental safety, all thanks to their Hybrid Engines. No be me give them oooo, nah the report on environmental emmision talk am.
The world is going green, nobody cares about V12 anymore, we want efficiency.

you talk about diesel engine, Benz won it long time ago before my father married my mother, as you see am right, benz nah old glory, No pun intended.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
Timelezz:
Yes I have done the edit.

The Mercedes S class for decades has continued to lead the world standard for luxury. It is no wonder 70 percent of worlds Presidents opt for the S class drive.

It is still packed with the most sophisticated technologies in any automobile on top of its unrivalled ride quality.

Built with cameras underneath that scan the road ahead and adjust the car's suspension to take each porthole without the occupants knowing.

It is no fücking coincidence Mercedes has dominated F1 three times consecutively even dusting out Ferrari's new upgraded engine.

Haha!!!! Thank you for this! grin grin
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Timelezz: 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
We aren't even talking about aerodynamics which Benz is been the top leader some 1984!!!

So a Mercedes car with Lesser horse power will trump another cars with higher horsepower due to Mercedes superior aerodynamics.

E.g The Mercedes W210 l6 1996 model has an engine displacement of 3.2 cc producing 217 horsepower but bested a jaguar producing 240 horsepower solely only aerodynamics.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by nurey(m): 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
UltraLeslie:
Delusions.

Volks has got speed and agility alright like BMW.

However it's lacking behind in technology, comfort, ride quality, safety features and prestige.

The Mercedes S class is the world's standard for luxury and comfort.

Person wey never reach another pesin father's farm grin will always say him papa farm nah the biggest tongue
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Mutuwa(m): 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
0b10010011:
The only Automobile that will make it to Heaven. The S-class in particular

heheheh!
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by ekmike(m): 1:24pm On Jan 05, 2017
PaperLace:

Mr crusher angry

I think they have created a 'brand', let's not call it 'old glory'_ there is an accounting term for it. You get to a point in business where your brand name sells for you grin
Do you mean goodwill? although it has a different meaning in accounting.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Danfuster(m): 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
Timelezz:

Mercedes is no 1 in comfort, safety and technology. Only the British Bentleys and Maclaren dey come close to the S class in comfort and interior.

Audi and BMW have made benz try to balance comfort and agility and Mercedes has improved on that greatly.

There's a reason why those brands incorporated K shaped rare wheels, it was never for fashion. I like to string other drivers along on the freeway, and I stunt on them when we hit the sharp bends.

There's a crazy g-force effect I get when ever I do a kick down, even when I'm driving up hill and trying to counter the slope... I get the g-force effect which is very thrilling.

Audi seriously need to work swiftly on their interior/luxury... The Quattro is not enough selling point.

As for the japs... toyota to be precise, maybe they can bring back the power of the extinct supra, incorporate in the Lexus or borrow something from good ol Nissan skyline.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Danfuster(m): 1:30pm On Jan 05, 2017
Marshalrhino:

plz do

lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Mutuwa(m): 1:30pm On Jan 05, 2017
for all interested benz lovers....

https:///81yDRn3j6kGGV28W21Nxyu

Benz convention group (for benz owners) to be held at Abuja,soon.You may want to join the group chat.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

Maybe it's just me, but it looks more prestigious and more rugged than the newer models.

At the bold statement, I beg to differ. In terms of comfort, it may not be as luxurious and comfortable as the newer models, but it is rugged. For a car of that size, the W140 is fast!
w140 is notoriously fast
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by ekmike(m): 1:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

[color=blue]As long as there's a Benz logo, be it old or new, I'm intrigued.

For your view

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Mutuwa(m): 1:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
Danfuster:

lipsrsealed

wicked...

abeg drive safe.

are you in abuja?

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2017
ekmike:

For your view

The Mercedes Ener-G-Force Concept!!!
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 05, 2017
lrguru:
w140 is notoriously fast

For that huge size, damn, it's fast!
Re: 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
Danfuster:

Uncle... Even at 260km/h in my SL500, beastie was still asking for more, I finished the speedometer. It was still smooth and balance like "kilode"
benz all the way

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made / The All New 2018 Rolls Royce Phantom Has Just Been Revealed (Photos & Video) / Photo Of A Danfo With Gotv Antenna In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.