Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,903 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Ceaserian Section Is Not A Curse Nor A Disease... Nigerian Pastors Beware!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ceaserian Section Is Not A Curse Nor A Disease... Nigerian Pastors Beware!!! (626 Views)

Ibanga Bassey Etang Died Of Coronavirus Disease - NDDC / Goodnews: HIV Is No More A Disease / Cesarean Section Is Not A Taboo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ceaserian Section Is Not A Curse Nor A Disease... Nigerian Pastors Beware!!! by IncredibleJoe(m): 12:17pm On Jan 04, 2017
As a healthcare provider whose work is more based on child bearing cases, I get to see many drama often if not daily.
In my few years of practice, I have seen a woman who was indicated for c/section or Operation as it more commonly called but she had to take permission from the pastor. The pastor started praying and refused the surgery, it was as if the surgery was a death sentence or a curse. At the end of the day, the woman died of Eclampsia as that was the main indication for the surgery. There are many other examples but this one is just fresh in my memory.

Ceaserian section commonly known as operation in Nigeria is surgical intervention used to save the life of either the mother, baby or both. It can be either emergency or planned. About 85% of C/section are emergency.
It last about 25-60minutes depending on the number of fetus and the experience of the the surgeon.
There are many indication for this surgery, E.g Eclampsia, Multiple pregnancy, cephalopelvic disproportion, breech presentation, transverse lie, face presentation, placenta previa etc..
Although it is not without risk, but the advantages outweighs the risks.

1 Like

Re: Ceaserian Section Is Not A Curse Nor A Disease... Nigerian Pastors Beware!!! by delishpot: 12:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
True talk. NIGERIANS need to loosen up. Expectant moms and their friends and family should Save lives before you worry about looking like Hebrew women.

1 Like

Re: Ceaserian Section Is Not A Curse Nor A Disease... Nigerian Pastors Beware!!! by IncredibleJoe(m): 12:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
C/section is indicated when vaginal Delivery has failed or will put the life of the mother or child at risk.
Contrary to the believe of many, it is a life saving intervention.
Nigerian pastors need to understand this fact and not prevent their members from undergoing the procedure.

1 Like

Re: Ceaserian Section Is Not A Curse Nor A Disease... Nigerian Pastors Beware!!! by Kondomatic(m): 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
IncredibleJoe:
C/section is indicated when vaginal Delivery has failed or will put the life of the mother or child at risk.
Contrary to the believe of many, it is a life saving intervention.
Nigerian pastors need to understand this fact and not prevent their members from undergoing the procedure.
I blame the husband of the woman not her pastor

1 Like

Re: Ceaserian Section Is Not A Curse Nor A Disease... Nigerian Pastors Beware!!! by IncredibleJoe(m): 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2017
Kondomatic:
I blame the husband of the woman not her pastor

You know the husband and the woman are under the same pastor. They have been made gullible by the pastor. Same way the Jehovah witnesses don't take blood transfusion even if it means death.

(1) (Reply)

MENS HEALTH - Dealing with premature Ejaculation. What you need to Know / Mosquito Nets / Attention Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.