Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates (25476 Views)

774,000 Jobs: FG Retains 15% Slot Allocation To Ministers, Governors, Others / 774,000 Jobs: Soldiers Beat Up Applicants In Ibadan (video) / Nigeria, Morocco Deal Creates 50,000 Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Xanth01: 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2017
The Commandant-General, Peace Corps of Nigeria (PCN), Dickson Akor, has said that the organisation will generate 800,000 jobs for youths in the country.

Akor, who made this known at a news briefing at his residence in Ogoli-Ugboju, Oturkpo Local Government Area on Wednesday, said the Corp was one of the best channels to engage Nigerian youths.

He, however, said that this would be made possible when the bill establishing the PCN was assented to by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The bill, sponsored by Senate Leader, Mohammed Ali Ndume (APC-Borno), was first read at plenary on March 10, 2016 and scaled second reading.

It seeks to facilitate peace volunteerism, community service, neighbourhood watch and nation building.

The bill will also facilitate the training of youths to advance the course of peace building and conflict transformation.

It will engage peace education, mediation and conflict resolution among warring groups or communities where there are crisis in Nigeria to advance its course.

“President Buhari and the Nigerian Army under the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai must be commended for their efforts in capturing Sambissa Forest.

“While I canvas support for the security agencies to engender peace and social order, however, the corps is strategically placed to complement the activities of security agencies,’’ Akor said.

Akor said the corps would be saddled with voluntarism and neighbourhood watch activities in different communities across the country.

He called on Nigerians to learn to live together for peaceful coexistence in 2017.

He said the corps had formations and offices in virtually every state and local government in the country, and described it as one of the best channels to engage youths.

The PCN boss said that he constructed a state-of-the-art police station with closed circuit television and other equipment for the police in his community due to the threatening state of insecurity in the country.

He added that this gesture was aimed at adequately securing Benue and preventing the nasty experiences meted out to the Agatu people and several parts of Tivland.

Akor lauded the spirit of accommodation in his community, and urged that the communities dwell in peaceful coexistence and not in hostility.

“The spirit of accommodation in this community is buttressed by the presence of the Fulanis and the Sarkin Hausawa of Benue South Senatorial District at my residence to celebrate the new year,’’ he said.

He, however, decried the deplorable state of the road passing through Ogoli-Ugboju, leading to Onyagede and Ankpa in Kogi.

He called on the anti-graft agencies to investigate the award of the contract for repair of the road.

Akor said several people, including pregnant women, had died as a result of the delay in accessing medication due to the bad condition of the road.

(NAN)

http://punchng.com/peace-corps-will-employ-800-000-youths-akor/

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
If I were the President, I would merge the NSCDC and Peace Corps together and give them a new name. I seriously do not see any need for another paramilitary group. What the NSCDC is doing is the same thing that the Police does, only with a smaller authority.

I would prefer a new military force though wink Just like the US has Army, Air force, Navy and Marines. I think we need something similar with a fresh ideology and the same military authority and stricter and advanced military training. . . instead of all these corps here and there.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by AssLeeKar: 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nigeria should pls stop these fuckery PC upgrade, instead merge dem with FRSC, VIO, NSCDC, NPS, and give us two more full Military like: Coast Guards and Marines.

greenpasture:

Nigeria already has two special forces;one is domiciled as land forces with 7th battalion and the other is Naval special forces ( pictured)

is da al? clap for ya sef.

The job of asslicking on NL is all about the pay cheque & pùssy. But its a shame the old gworo eater found out you and your other hard asslicking zombies are not worthy to get zara's pùssy, because of poverty mentality.
History has always known slaves cant get pússies but wil always manage peanuts when dey know the fear of starvation is the begining of zombiesm.

Hit me whenever you are ready to join good gang and eat cow stew for the cattle is not going back to the palace again.
I pray May God bless you and open your eyes to see the truth. I wil nt reply U. Bye Bye Oga Sir....
Meanwhile

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by donejossy87(f): 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
AssLeeKar:
Nigeria should pls stop these fuckery PC upgrade, instead merge dem with FRSC, VIO, NSCDC, NPS, and give us two more full Military like: Coast Guards and Marines
Ur too much wink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by UFOMZY: 5:38pm On Jan 04, 2017
Please how can someone apply for this peace corp

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Mujaheeeden: 5:38pm On Jan 04, 2017
Peace Corp is a scam and Dickson Akor is a fraudster.

The idiot defrauded us in Anambra in 2002. Umunya camp

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Mujaheeeden: 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2017
UFOMZY:
Use your moneyfor something good and forget those idiots
Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Daveed4Jesus(m): 5:48pm On Jan 04, 2017
UFOMZY:

@ dis stage some dickheads are still calling Peace Corps Scam, PCN is not MMM for ur info. and its idealogy s far different from what d NSCDC or NPF has. pls locate a command @ your state before t becomes too late. or chat me lets discuss in private

5 Likes

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2017
how & where can i register.
Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by afolayanbo: 6:18pm On Jan 04, 2017
How can someone apply for this,my email,bolypq@yahoo.com
Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Daveed4Jesus(m): 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
davidapeh@ymail.com
Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by MrRichy(m): 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2017
All I know is PEACE CORP is a scam...

they've defrauded us once
Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by mu2sa2: 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
UFOMZY:
I saw the application form in December 2016 with N1500 boldly printed on the front page. I think the forms were channelled through the state governments.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by idris4r83(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
blackberlin:
If I were the President, I would merge the NSCDC and Peace Corps together and give them a new name. I seriously do not see any need for another paramilitary group. What the NSCDC is doing is the same thing that the Police does, only with a smaller authority.

I would prefer a new military force though wink Just like the US has Army, Air force, Navy and Marines. I think we need something similar with a fresh ideology and the same military authority and stricter and advanced military training. . . instead of all these corps here and there.
I concur with you

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
Peace Corp is a scam and Dickson Akor is a fraudster.

The idiot defrauded us in Anambra in 2002. Umunya camp
wow since 2002?
tell us what happened Sir
Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Mujaheeeden: 8:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
VeeVeeMyLuv:

wow since 2002?
tell us what happened Sir
we paid money to register. 6k

After 3wks training they ask us to pay 10k for uniform.

We also paid and that's the last we heard from them before our state government declared them illegal.

They couldn't tell us were they generate revenue from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by acenazt: 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2017
Oboi corps dis corps that. Instead make them begin find how to join all dis agencies to make one they r hear sharing money in different pockets. Give us something ojere. Like my guys Wey dey up suggest MARINES FOR GOOD. BONE GUYS .

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
we paid money to register. 6k

After 3wks training they ask us to pay 10k for uniform.

We also paid and that's the last we heard from them before our state government declared them illegal.

They couldn't tell us were they generate revenue from
eyeah,
hardluck bro,
i pray God restore all your loss
Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Mujaheeeden: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
VeeVeeMyLuv:

eyeah,
hardluck bro,
i pray God restore all your loss
I've moved on
Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by lollmaolol(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
afolayanbo:
How can someone apply for this,my email,bolypq@yahoo.com

Why do you freely drop your email address anyhow on a topic that doesn't require your response.

Later you will be complaining of Mr. Ikemba
Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Princedapace(m): 11:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
[quote author=blackberlin post=52527715]If I were the President, I would merge the NSCDC and Peace Corps together and give them a new name. I seriously do not see any need for another paramilitary group. What the NSCDC is doing is the same thing that the Police does, only with a smaller authority.

I would prefer a new military force though wink Just like the US has Army, Air force, Navy and Marines. I think we need something similar with a fresh ideology and the same military authority and stricter and advanced military training. . . instead of all these corps here and there.[/quot

We dont need anymore military stuff.. We need advanced police institution. Nigeria is not at war with external forces... Nigeria is at war with internal forces.. Countries like Israel, Egypt, USA etc have more of external fights to engage in. For a country like Nigeria.. What we need to advanvce now is our police institution and solve our internal problems..

5 Likes

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 05, 2017
Princedapace:
We dont need anymore military stuff.. We need advanced police institution. Nigeria is not at war with external forces... Nigeria is at war with internal forces.. Countries like Israel, Egypt, USA etc have more of external fights to engage in. For a country like Nigeria.. What we need to advanvce now is our police institution and solve our internal problems..

I agree with you on the fact that we are not at war directly with external forces, but Boko Haram alone as an internal threat has taken the military, police and NSCDC years to fight and they're still fighting with so many soldiers dead. Even the northern youths had to form a civilian JTF to battle the insurgency, which ought not to be so because the military is supposed to be the one protecting its civilians and not the other way round. The internal threat you're talking about has its roots in external terrorist organizations like Al-Qaeda and ISIS. So, don't see what Nigeria is going through as a mere riot. . .

I am not against reforms in the Police either, I believe more has to be done to keep the police optimally functional, so these are 2 different things entirely. But the Police is only prepared to deal with civilian issues and they have so much limitation.

Secondly, I'd have you know that no country can survive without taking pro-active steps to ensuring security of lives and properties. We only know of Boko Haram today, we don't know if a deadlier insurgency will arise tomorrow, God forbid. When Boko Haram started, the Army had to admit that they had limited combatants and I remember vividly, that in 2014 alone, there were 2 different recruitments for tradesmen and non-tradesmen, something that had never been done prior to that time.

Left to me, we need dare-devil forces that will be deadlier, more tactical and fearless in the face of sudden attacks against the country. If we had such, we wouldn't have hired mercenaries from South Africa to help our military.

6 Likes

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Princedapace(m): 6:42am On Jan 05, 2017
blackberlin:

I agree with you on the fact that we are not at war directly with external forces, but Boko Haram alone as an internal threat has taken the military, police and NSCDC years to fight and they're still fighting with so many soldiers dead. Even the northern youths had to form a civilian JTF to battle the insurgency, which ought not to be so because the military is supposed to be the one protecting its civilians and not the other way round. The internal threat you're talking about has its roots in external terrorist organizations like Al-Qaeda and ISIS. So, don't see what Nigeria is going through as a mere riot. . .

I am not against reforms in the Police either, I believe more has to be done to keep the police optimally functional, so these are 2 different things entirely. But the Police is only prepared to deal with civilian issues and they have so much limitation.

Secondly, I'd have you know that no country can survive without taking pro-active steps to ensuring security of lives and properties. We only know of Boko Haram today, we don't know if a deadlier insurgency will arise tomorrow, God forbid. When Boko Haram started, the Army had to admit that they had limited combatants and I remember vividly, that in 2004 alone, there were 2 different recruitments for tradesmen and non-tradesmen, something that had never been done prior to that time.

Left to me, we need dare-devil forces that will be deadlier, more tactical and fearless in the face of sudden attacks against the country. If we had such, we wouldn't have hired mercenaries from South Africa to help our military.

Yea.. But did u know that the terrorist activities in France middle of last year and in Germany were handles by the police with little military involvement? There are two sides to policing and all boils down to internal security. We also forgot that our problems boil down to failed political system... I don't know if u are happy with the amount we are losing in the war which can be channeled into development. We have more of political structural issues.... Yea.. All we need is to upgrade our military and extremely advance our police to tackle our internal issues.. Police should be to handle internal issues.. With little military involvement... Check out police formations in other countries that are serious.. All the same.. I get ur point baba.. smiley
Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 05, 2017
I hope it will not be hijacked the way dey hijacked police, efcc, immigration and navy recruitments

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by takenadoh: 7:18am On Jan 05, 2017
whats dia work?

if the aim is to create employment why can't we just increase the number of people in the Police, NSCDC, Armed forces etc, recently we heard that Road safety will soon start carrying fire arms, I won't be surprised if after a year or two the peace corps will start advocating for the same thing and the next thing you know there will be a show of "force" between both agencies like what happened in Lagos between NSCDC and Police, or Nigerian Army and MOPOLs,

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by cyojunior1(m): 7:21am On Jan 05, 2017
Seriously want to join but wit d rate oF this hijacking it shortlist result
Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by seunmsg(m): 7:22am On Jan 05, 2017
We don't need any nonsense peace corp in this country. We have more than enough security outfits to secure the country. The president should not sign this meaningless peace Corp bill into law. The police force and nscdc are enough to provide internal security in the country, we don't need to create another agency that will be duplicating the duties of previously established outfits.

The senate should be more concerned about making laws that will lead to the establishment of the much desired state police and not creating another useless federal outfit that will only gulp money and deliver little.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by eliwa47(m): 7:22am On Jan 05, 2017
We for thank god ooooo!
Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 05, 2017
Which one is 800,000thousand,?

Niraland Mods

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by matrixme(m): 7:22am On Jan 05, 2017
What is the fate of this organization this year? Please advise. I have a friend that got a 50k job in Abuja and he's applied for the Peacecorps training. Is it wise for him to put his stakes on this organization?
Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by dpete1: 7:28am On Jan 05, 2017
blackberlin:

Which one are u choosing gan gan?
Re: Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates by Mujaheeeden: 7:29am On Jan 05, 2017
matrixme:
What is the fate of this organization this year? Please advise. I have a friend that got a 50k job in Abuja and he's applied for the Peacecorps training. Is it wise for him to put his stakes on this organization?
tell your friend to continue his job and forget that Peace Corp scam

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience With The 774000 Jobs / Urgent Job Vacancy In Asaba, Delta State / Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.