Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

When Can Nigeria Be Like This Country. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Can Nigeria Be Like This Country. (951 Views)

The Lagos Of Our Dreams: This Is What Lagos Will Be Like By 2025 - Ambode / Which Nigerian Leader in 2019 Can Transform The Country To Look Like This?(Photo / For How Long Can Nigeria Wait For A President Who Is Incapacitated?- Ayo Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Can Nigeria Be Like This Country. by giles14(m): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
Israeli soldier convicted of manslaughter in killing of immobile Palestinian assailant.

An Israeli soldier who shot dead a wounded and incapacitated Palestinian assailant in the occupied West Bank was convicted of manslaughter on Wednesday in one of the most divisive trials in Israel's history.
Hundreds of far-right protesters rallied in support of Sergeant Elor Azaria along a busy Tel Aviv street and some clashed with police outside an army base where the lengthy verdict was read out.
Despite a campaign by Azaria's family and rightist politicians criticising the armed forces for putting him on trial at a time of Palestinian street attacks, members of Israel's military establishment argued that shooting in violation of regulations could not be countenanced.
A three-judge military court rejected the 20-year-old conscript's arguments that he acted in self-defence.
The shooting was caught on video by a Palestinian rights activist, and the footage, distributed to news organisations, ensured the incident drew international attention.
Reading for 2-1/2 hours from the verdict, chief judge Colonel Maya Heller said Azaria shot the Palestinian out of revenge in March 2016 after the assailant stabbed and wounded a fellow soldier in the West Bank town of Hebron.
"He deserves to die," Azaria was quoted in the verdict as telling another soldier, just after fatally shooting the Palestinian in the head as the man, who had been wounded minutes earlier by Israeli military gunfire, lay motionless in the street.
"One cannot use this type of force, even if we're talking about an enemy's life," the court said in its verdict. "We unanimously convict the accused of manslaughter and of conduct unbecoming (a soldier)."
Sentencing will be handed down at a later date. Politicians from right-wing parties have already called on President Reuven Rivlin to pardon the soldier, who has been dubbed "everyone's child" by the campaign supporting him.
The manslaughter charge carries a maximum penalty of 20 years' imprisonment.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN14O117
Re: When Can Nigeria Be Like This Country. by angeltolly(f): 4:16pm On Jan 04, 2017
The day we all agree stealing is corruption angry
Re: When Can Nigeria Be Like This Country. by giles14(m): 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
angeltolly:
my sista wot has wot u commented got to do with the post
Re: When Can Nigeria Be Like This Country. by ellechrystal(f): 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2017
giles14:
I wonder o.
Re: When Can Nigeria Be Like This Country. by yusasiv(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2017
When the son of nobody, becomes somebody without knowing anybody...

1 Like

Re: When Can Nigeria Be Like This Country. by giles14(m): 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2017
the essence of the post is to see how one can get Justice from police, military and paramilitary organization brutal.
Re: When Can Nigeria Be Like This Country. by angeltolly(f): 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
giles14:

giles14:
We unanimously convict the accused of manslaughter and of conduct unbecoming (a soldier).
Sentencing will be handed down at a later date.

If Nigerians can't agree on simple matter like what corruption is, how can they agree on an issue like (the one in this post) not to talk of becoming like this country. Certain atrocities are committed in our country, yet the rule of law is twisted to suit their purpose in other to get away with it.

Sorry if my post look out of place to you but then its not to me.
Re: When Can Nigeria Be Like This Country. by giles14(m): 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
angeltolly:

If Nigerian can't agree on simple matter like what corruption is, how can they agree on an issue like (the one in this post) not to talk of becoming like this country. Certain atrocities are committed in our country, yet the rule of law is twisted to suit their purpose in other to get away with it.

Sorry if my post look out of place to you but then its not to me.
noooo
its a good and valid point

1 Like

Re: When Can Nigeria Be Like This Country. by HtwoOw: 5:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
I agree with you , 100%

In short , you've made sense

angeltolly:

This thread was supposed to generate mixed response, hate for buhari and more gullibility and you just quenched that uprising , You'll get more mentions , negative ones , but don't mind them

As for the topic , the palestinian man stabbed a soldier in isreal, i agree he deserved to die , incapacitated (though not explained) or not

And the LiePob youths you want to use this opportunity to attack Buhari, when you are protesting , don't cook molotov cocktails , don't bring guns , don't throw stones, don't feel invincible

1 Like

Re: When Can Nigeria Be Like This Country. by Blue3k(m): 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
The day nigeria wants to become apartheid state.
Re: When Can Nigeria Be Like This Country. by giles14(m): 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
HtwoOw:

This thread was supposed to generate mixed response, hate for buhari.

And the LiePob youths you want to use this opportunity to attack Buhari, when you are protesting ,

wot a stupid n useless comment.

wot does dis hav to do buhari .

if our security forces commit a crime let dem b held accountable.

d rape in idp camps

shooting of protesters

executions conducted by SARS.

life is not all about propaganda

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

U.S Appeal Court Upholds Ruling Mandating Kashamu's Trial On Drug Trafficking / EFCC Replies Somebody That Said That They Are Doing Nothing / The Problems Created By Money Can Never Be Solved With Money!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.