Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Babcock University Student Commits Suicide - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Babcock University Student Commits Suicide (37392 Views)

Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student / Babcock University Reacts To Sex Video Of Expelled Students That Leaked Online / Babcock University Students' Sextape: Zlatan Ibile Reacts To Leaked Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by iamteegee(m): 7:59am On Jan 05, 2017
I don't know what to say but it's so touching!!!! RIP......... committing suicide is a sin
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by Integrityfarms(m): 7:59am On Jan 05, 2017
I once was among those who frown and say ill about people who commit suicide until I feel into the quagmire of deep depression last year after a very powerfully bad disappointment. It took the company of good fiends to restore normalcy to me.

Of a truth many people you see in nice dressings are passing through deep depression and with surges of suicidal thoughts.

God help us

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by AntiWailer: 8:00am On Jan 05, 2017
Why will he ?
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by legibow: 8:01am On Jan 05, 2017
Why is the story always that they committed suicide.... God see una....
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by rheether(f): 8:01am On Jan 05, 2017
passyhansome:
DEPRESSION Our society in Nigeria here takes little or no cognizance of it, but just in case you suffer from it you really need help, before you put the rope around your neck, seek help first please.

I need help Asap
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by krestup: 8:02am On Jan 05, 2017
I just wonder what would make this young man to take his life... Some people don't don't know how to handle depression and depression is on the increase. In Nigeria we see people that commit suicide as foolish people but the truth is that is not everybody that can handle it. May his soul rest in peace..
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 05, 2017
angeltolly:
Investigation in Nigeria is Zero.

People will be asking the wrong questions. Do you know some murder cases can be arranged and presented as suicide to cover up?

But then we are in Nigeria sad

You contradict yourself by the first statement. In a country where investigation is zero, why would a murderer go through the pains of staging a suicide.

Even if you commit murder under cctv coverage in Nigeria the crime will still remain unsolved.

It's suicide jare

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by dopedealer(m): 8:06am On Jan 05, 2017
Pascalville:
shocked

U think everything is fun right ?!
Hissss
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 05, 2017
dopedealer:

U think everything is fun right ?!
Hissss
I don't know u from anywhere...and don't ever tag me.. angry

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by naijaboiy: 8:09am On Jan 05, 2017
People are really dumb honestly!

That boy's death should be investigated before we start chasing shadows and blaming unforeseen tendencies. He could be a depressed person suffering from being bullied or put down by friends or his peers.

He could have committed suicide because of a girl. Yes! It's possible.

Why do we always have to think when one is financially okay then he/she has no cause to be depressed or feel down.

Parents, check your children and ask them questions. You may be putting pressure on them with your parenting ways or they could be bullied outside.

There is a cause for his suicide and I'm 100% sure it's not any voodoo or remote control as some dumb and backward people have labeled it.

Let's receive sense this 2017 Biko! undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by passyhansome(m): 8:11am On Jan 05, 2017
rheether:

I need help Asap

unfortunately am not a medical practitioner or psychotherapist, The good news is there are now many effective, proven ways to relieve depression.
For most people, the first treatments a doctor will try are antidepressants and psychotherapy. Some studies have found that combining therapy with medication works better than medication alone.
CONTACT A GOOD DOCTOR I REPEAT A GOOD ONE
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 05, 2017
RIP
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by angeltolly(f): 8:17am On Jan 05, 2017
1stCitizen:

You contradict yourself by the first statement. In a country where investigation is zero, why would a murderer go through the pains of staging a suicide.

Even if you commit murder under cctv coverage in Nigeria the crime will still remain unsolved.

It's suicide jare

No I didn't. Since the murderer knows suicide matter won't be investigated further, he/She will stage it as suicide to safe himself/herself.
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by mzcheekie(f): 8:27am On Jan 05, 2017
RIP BOY cryRIP BOY
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by juman(m): 8:29am On Jan 05, 2017
psucc:
Some suicide could be 'remote control' from home or village or neighborhood or even church

Africa and their backward thinking.

Mental sickness/depression can cause a person to commit suicide.
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 05, 2017
angeltolly:

No I didn't. Since the murderer knows suicide matter won't be investigated further, he/She will stage it as suicide to safe himself/herself.

Yes you did.You said investigation is zero in Nigeria and that includes murder investigation. How many murders get solved in Nigeria? You guys are watching too many movies. Naija is not America and even in the US its majorly contract killers or professionals/intelligence agencies that have the time to stage suicides.

You agreed that investigation is zero in Nigeria so you contradicted yourself.

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by dopedealer(m): 8:38am On Jan 05, 2017
Pascalville:
I don't know u from anywhere...and don't ever tag me.. angry

People that give a Bleep went that way
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by habsydiamond(m): 8:42am On Jan 05, 2017
Which spirit is responsible for suicide, God I pray against any bad thing that will make me thing that suicide is the best option in my life. Should I say rest in peace since I know its a sin for one take his own life. Only God can judge. RIP bro
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by udumosam23(m): 8:48am On Jan 05, 2017
gunther6:
Little attention is given to depression and mental illness in Nigeria. Depression, anxiety and suicidal tendencies are seen and treated as failure of character. Until the government and stakeholders sit up and set a proper agenda for mental health in Nigeria I'm afraid this kind of news will not cease. Rest in peace young man, though you died, you lived and deserved better from your country.

Is the govt itself mentally sane to set up such standards? I can't help but believe with the Igbos that this country is ... anyway, RIP to the dead. undecided
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by kenx1(m): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2017
Depression is a silent killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by sunshineV(f): 9:03am On Jan 05, 2017
Me I'm not in sch and dis wan kill hinsef for 4 sch SMH

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by francisbiz: 9:04am On Jan 05, 2017
Greatzeus:
"He was getting good care from his mother"
Busy body how did you know,parental care goes beyond putting food on the table and paying your children's school fees. And save us that remote control crap, God bless the deceased
Why are you quick to insult people?
You bring more confusion without a pint of solution.
You that knows too much, tell us the cause of the alleged suicide.
Try and be civil sometimes, especially this time.
It is not everything that lurks in your mind that you say; or else you wake up one morning and say"mummy you stink"
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 05, 2017
So sad God give his family comfort at this time.
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 05, 2017
dopedealer:

People that give a Bleep went that way
is it now me that give a fxck....re*tard
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by Kingbuhari(m): 10:43am On Jan 05, 2017
over pampered mom's pet, maybe he wanted ice cream , chocolate or iPhone so desperately and the poor widow couldn't afford it at the moment, the boy then took his own life.... what a cowardly way to die
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by ekanDamie: 11:06am On Jan 05, 2017
EnEnPeecee:
There is increase in the rate of suicide under buhari
did u read d part were it said he was from a financially buoyant family?
so, what financial worries do u think he had as a dependent being?
or is buhari to provide emotional stability too?

I'm not a political person but use ur brain before u give comments,
govt is not responsible for all ur woes.
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by Airoflaw(m): 11:24am On Jan 05, 2017
lesson: life is not all about money, he has money and comfort yet he committed suicide for reason best know to him ...
be grateful to God for what you have now.(peace of mind)
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by Mruwa: 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2017
u dy private university u go dy comit sucide what on earth go make u take that option neva the less na u lose straight to hell,see u, u come make ur future wife widow at early age .
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by delishpot: 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
rheether:

I need help Asap

Depression is not a day battle but with good and understanding people around you, ESP those who have passed through it andnsurvived, you can overcome it and stand tall and strong when your heart wants to sink at certain times.

habsydiamond:
Which spirit is responsible for suicide, God I pray against any bad thing that will make me thing that suicide is the best option in my life. Should I say rest in peace since I know its a sin for one take his own life. Only God can judge. RIP bro

Depression is mostly a result of feeling under achievement in ones life. It is I believe a chemical response of the brain to tackle the stress felt when a person feels something that has been constantly missing in ones life that is why even rich people have it too.
A depressed person must see himself as a soldier determined to win against evil and have someone he can talk to to lighten up the days he feels depressed.
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by EternalTruth: 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
passyhansome:
DEPRESSION Our society in Nigeria here takes little or no cognizance of it, but just in case you suffer from it you really need help, before you put the rope around your neck, seek help first please.
J bro you're so right. I've virtually passed thru all the stages orderly as you've uploaded and I'm now thinking of suicide cos life seems hopeless

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by ThinkSmarter: 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
The problem z that in this part of the world, Africa to be precise, especially among our uneducated or semi~educated parents, they don't really understand adolescent behaviour.
During adolescent period, bc of many changes and challenges that do go on in our bodies, it makes us to react negatively.
Most adolescent will likely feel depressed because of the changes brought about by puberty to their bodies.
Some will get depressed bc of their family background.
Some will get depressed because of poor body image.
Some will get depressed due to being a victim of domestic violence and abuse.
Some due to low self esteem.
Some due to Sexual assault/abuse.
Some due to loss of a loved one.
Some due to being lovesick.
Some due to drug abuse.
Some due ailments.
Some due to poor academic performance and falling short of standard expected of u by ur parents .
And some of our parents lacked the intuition to decipher when there is a mood change in their adolescent.
And instead of talking to them to know what z going on in their body, they will rather resort to verbal abuse.
Most adolescents including me hv contemplated suicide in their life, and many hv been able to overcome it through determination ,self encouragement and by studying the Bible.
Itz quite unfortunate that most of our parents do think that their primary responsibility in child upbringing z to give the child food ,clothing and pay his/her school fees.
But it goes beyond that, adolescents needs emotional support but Some of our parents out there lacked the mental prowess for psycho analysis and counselling.
But thank God, I overcame the adolescent challenges.
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide by passyhansome(m): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
EternalTruth:
J bro you're so right. I've virtually passed thru all the stages orderly as you've uploaded and I'm now thinking of suicide cos life seems hopeless

Hahahahahahahaha Bro pls don't, no matter what situation you find yourself, you are still 1 million times better than some people some where, if you are reading this then you are opportune to have a good phone, data and a home, some don't do more of gratitude, live a life of gratitude be grateful things you have, don't worry abt things you don't have .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uzodimma Seals Okorocha’s Eastern Palm University, 24 Hours To Matriculation / Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results / Abuse Of Student At Deeper Life College In Akwa Ibom: School Issues Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.