Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,492 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results (37367 Views)

Top 5 Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria According To WAEC / Girl Who Scored 85 In JAMB Writes An Open Letter - Read Here / MAUTECH Fresh Student Commits Suicide Over Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by olamilekan360(m): 10:01pm On Aug 07, 2016
OPEN LETTER TO #WAEC

DEAR WAEC
It saddens my heart to write on this note. The issue on ground is making me want to ask myself if examination is the true test of students ability... Of course not, how can the whole of a Centre fail one subject... All students in a particular Centre failed just one subject without explanation from the examination board.

This surely leaves me with the conclusion that WAEC is an under utilized examination board and as such not capable of conducting exam in the country,. Little wonder why waec result is unacceptable outside West Africa. Few years from now.. I'm so sure that students will get an eye opener and they will loose confidence in WAEC then opt for #NECO. Why will you jeopardize students future with your negligence and incompetence? Waec has been politicized and as such we no longer rest our confidence in WAEC.
WAEC... Waste And Exploits Commoners (WAEC)

15 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by psucc(m): 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
I would differ with the writer if the letter. As an examiner with WAEC, I have had a centre where the students score between range less than 5.

The major cause may not be far fetched except we will not tell ourselves the truth. This is as a result of examination malpractice. Once the source material is wrong, what do you think of others copying from that wrong source?

Let's not play the ostrich. It is not WAEC's fault.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by Mendelistickmend(m): 10:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
Mtcheew....am still trying to reach the idiot that marked the literatute of my school....can you imagine all of us were give E8....maybe he/she will mark one and use that one and gives scores to others...if i fail literature in Neco...none of the person's child will ever make Waec is his/her life....Waec(Wayo and edutainment centre)

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by olamilekan360(m): 10:30pm On Aug 07, 2016
Mendelistickmend:
Mtcheew....am still trying to reach the idiot that marked the literatute of my school....can you imagine all of us were give E8....maybe he/she will mark one and use that one and gives scores to others...if i fail literature in Neco...none of the person's child will ever make Waec is his/her life....Waec(Wayo and edutainment centre)

Which school is that bro?
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by Mendelistickmend(m): 10:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
olamilekan360:

Css Umunnachi
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by ademiD(f): 11:06pm On Aug 07, 2016
How is it waec fault? waec don't fail student anyhow, maybe they wrote the same thing...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by tupac007(m): 11:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
grin grin
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by Mendelistickmend(m): 12:59am On Aug 08, 2016
ademiD:
No One wrote the same thing... angry
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by Koleman(m): 8:24am On Aug 08, 2016
After mass copying you want make dem still pass una?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by docmoses(m): 9:12am On Aug 08, 2016
Mendelistickmend:
easy bro
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by constance500: 9:50am On Aug 08, 2016
E don reach that level
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 08, 2016
when a graduate of biology is asked by the school to teach,and solve in English- literature .

what do you expect?

mass dubbing,mass failure..

waec isn't to be blamed.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by omoadeleye(m): 10:02am On Aug 08, 2016
like i already knew that he is going to blame their incompetency as politicalized....smch

1 Like

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by sathel(m): 10:03am On Aug 08, 2016
cry cry cry... I crash
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by echelons(m): 10:03am On Aug 08, 2016
In 2006, most centers in Anambra State got low scores in Chemistry. 80% of the guys in my school scored below C6 in WAEC and this failure cut across all the schools.
It was painful. My perfect result was blotted by this.
Thank God for NECO. It's been success since then.
How could I have been admitted into university that same year if not for NECO.
WAEC should sit up. Blanket failure of students is a crime.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by Sunnycliff(m): 10:03am On Aug 08, 2016
I don't subscribe to the notion of 100% failure as a reason for total with holding of a whole centre result with a minimum of 50 students participating in the exam!
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by tabisegroup(m): 10:04am On Aug 08, 2016
have they started padding waec results in Nigeria?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by justicejay(m): 10:04am On Aug 08, 2016
Shiiit happens grin
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by darocha1: 10:04am On Aug 08, 2016
interesting

1 Like

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by lirusehn(m): 10:05am On Aug 08, 2016
naa Gbangaun i dey hope to read undecided

*runs outa thread*
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by MrRichy(m): 10:05am On Aug 08, 2016
Am sure the students in that centre wrote the same thing....

1 Like

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 08, 2016
olamilekan360:
OPEN LETTER TO #WAEC

DEAR WAEC
It saddens my heart to write on this note. The issue on ground is making me want to ask myself if examination is the true test of students ability... Of course not, how can the whole of a Centre fail one subject... All students in a particular Centre failed just one subject without explanation from the examination board.

This surely leaves me with the conclusion that WAEC is an under utilized examination board and as such not capable of conducting exam in the country,. Little wonder why waec result is unacceptable outside West Africa. Few years from now.. I'm so sure that students will get an eye opener and they will loose confidence in WAEC then opt for #NECO. Why will you jeopardize students future with your negligence and incompetence? Waec has been politicized and as such we no longer rest our confidence in WAEC.
WAEC... Waste And Exploits Commoners (WAEC)

I concur

1 Like

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by blazingkid21(m): 10:07am On Aug 08, 2016
psucc:
I would differ with the writer if the letter. As an examiner with WAEC, I have had a centre where the students score between range less than 5.

The major cause may not be far fetched except we will not tell ourselves the truth. This is as a result of examination malpractice. Once the source material is wrong, what do you think of others copying from that wrong source?

Let's not play the ostrich. It is not WAEC's fault.
if it's true that you are an examiner please explain the meaning of this in details for me

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by SirBrightoc(m): 10:09am On Aug 08, 2016
Truth: All your students failed the subject. Reason: They all copied the wrong thing.

4 Likes

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by firstolalekan(m): 10:09am On Aug 08, 2016
smiley
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by SweetieConstie(f): 10:10am On Aug 08, 2016
Hmmm.... This is really appalling! shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by NairaMaster1(m): 10:10am On Aug 08, 2016
WAEC is (a) sadist. However, don't allow it destroy you >>>>>>>>
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by crazygod(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2016
From what I heard from a Waec official, the exam body don't really do fair marking. They intentionally mark certain states higher than some other states. For instance, Lagos state has the highest marking criteria and that simply means when a student in Lagos gets a C, another student in a state like kano or borno with the same raw score will be graded with an A.
This is simply the reason why you will see schools in some states getting all As and they can't defend it in post UME.
Post UME to me is a true test for a potential undergraduate academic ability.

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by MadCow1: 10:11am On Aug 08, 2016
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by cherriton12: 10:11am On Aug 08, 2016
More details about the school of the student...
Re: Teacher Writes An Open Letter To WAEC Over Results by Babamama: 10:13am On Aug 08, 2016
tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babcock University Student Commits Suicide / Uzodimma Seals Okorocha’s Eastern Palm University, 24 Hours To Matriculation / What Is The Worst University Course To Study?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.