Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. (38857 Views)

Most Lucrative Courses In Nigeria: No. 10 Will Shock You!! / Top 10 Lucrative Courses In Nigeria / Top 15 Lucrative Courses(High Employment Rate) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by wi5dom(m): 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
make I just comment sha since una dey hype courses....I think having a degree in education [Bsc(Ed) or BEd) pays more in Nigeria. we are having more of our sisters and brothers coming together to produce everyday.... and they need a school to accommodate them. I Rep Adult and Non-Formal Education/Economics and Statistics. #winks#
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by ambs50: 4:20pm On Jan 05, 2017
English language sud be on dat list
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2017
where is chemistry the mother of all science based courses

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by donkossy(m): 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2017
no Anatomy on the list
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Stark7: 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
wi5dom:
make I just comment sha since una dey hype courses....I think having a degree in education [Bsc(Ed) or BEd) pays more in Nigeria. we are having more of our sisters and brothers coming together to produce everyday.... and they need a school to accommodate them. I Rep Adult and Non-Formal Education/Economics and Statistics. #winks#
Bro cheesy
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by TaiwoChris(m): 5:17pm On Jan 05, 2017
#medical_laboratory_science should be included
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by suwalee(f): 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2017
Op u forgot to add HUMAN KINETICS trust me its dope
ANNOY:
1) Accounting
2) Medicine
3) Economics
4) Law
5) Public Administration
6) Mechanical Engineering
7) Pharmacy
cool Business Administration
9) Agriculture
10) Mass Communication
11) Chemical Engineering
12) Architecture
13) Computer Science
14) Dentistry
15) Hrm& Personnel Management
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Dentmoyin(m): 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2017
i don't give a fvck
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
ANNOY:
1) Accounting
2) Medicine
3) Economics
4) Law
5) Public Administration
7) Pharmacy
9) Agriculture
10) Mass Communication
11) Chemical Engineering
12) Architecture
13) Computer Science
14) Dentistry
Applied Mathematics
Surveying and Geoinformatics
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by deeprinz(m): 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
When we are talking about lucrative, I think mathematics is the most lucrative course.. Because it's a course of independency..
Maybe when you check the brief history of mathematics you will understand..
https://mymathware..co.id/2016/12/brief-history-of-mathematics.html?m=1

Or when you check mathematicians that have made remarkable progress you will understand..
https://mymathware..co.id/2017/01/top-8-nigerian-mathematicians-you-never.html?m=1
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by sirusX(m): 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
Cavenchy:

Government can not leave formation at the hands of parents and teachers alone. It needs to grow an intellectual generation of Nigerians founded on the principle of Nation Building. No kid is really dumb, they just haven't found what interests them enough to be really good at. If they had more options you would probably see them shine in one of them. This is why most Nigerians thrive abroad. When you limit the aspirations of a human being to only what is available, you limit their creativity as well.

The government has to focus on what direction Nigeria is headed as a nation and concentrate on providing lucrative opportunities for people to venture into other areas for nation building, this is the only way to decongest the massive concentration of youths in the Big 4, and therefore combat unemployment.

PS: I do not have a team of paid advisers on these issues but even I know these things. This kind of topic wouldn't exist in the first place if our government did their jobs well at making every job decent for all.

Instead of providing a conducive environment for graduates to thrive in their respective industries, they tell them to learn how to weave a basket to survive. Nigeria is in a sorry state because many sections of the country are non functional due to a lack of incentive for participation or gross negligence. It's pathetic for the 21st century Nigeria to have mediocres ruling a supposedly educated populace.

I admire the thought to your words, but that is where the leaders lack wisdom.

There are promising ways in which we can build a nation with a thriving economy...yet we seem to be going back and forth.

It takes people with ideas and intellect to effect the change we need.

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Cavenchy(m): 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
sirusX:

I admire the thought to your words, but that is where the leaders lack wisdom.

There are promising ways in which we can build a nation with a thriving economy...yet we seem to be going back and forth.

It takes people with ideas and intellect to effect the change we need.

Indeed, we do need intellectual governance.

In most countries, citizens would not dream of electing people who lack foresight nor creativity. But how do Intellectuals get into political office in Nigeria when our people would rather have leaders who talk more about the inabilities of incumbents than those who, though unpopular, have constructive executables we need in order to make it in the future. Even when they do, they would rather vote for aspirants with promises that are dead on arrival without suggestive purposeful policies to back up it's executability. A nation with a history of consecutive elections where participants who eventually won the elections didn't show up for the election debate.

That said, I understand a lot needs to be done about public enlightenment in leadership selection(and the media has a big role to play here). My major worry is what the youth of today learn from these events. It's quite preposterous, that as old as Nigeria is, we can't boast of enlightenment being one of the cardinal virtues for future generations to inherit. What legacy do we leave for them if the term 'Lucrative courses' is still a major topic for discussion in this country? Black people all over the world suffer indignation because they don't have a powerful nation to stand up for them. Nigeria was tipped at independence to be that saviour of the race. What happened to Her? Why does She condone mediocrity when many look up to Her?

The solution is simple, Media is no longer restricted to Tv Stations, Bloggers exist in every state of the country, Nairaland as well. If only they could entertain people with enlightening but also entertaining news, more people would become aware. If you are conversant with the media publications of USA in the 80's and 90's, you would find 80% patriotic information. Japan was taking over their economy, they had to launch a massive media campaign on Americanism. It was everywhere, their movies(practically every movie in this era had something patriotic about it or at least the star spangled banner showcased), In wrestling (Hulk Hogan's theme song comes to mind, also the controversial Lex Luger vs Yokozuna match where they had American flags flying everywhere after the fight even though no one was supposed to think Lex Luger would win, it was clearly staged to promote americanism), Their video games(Parappa the rapper was about anti-noodles), the entire generation was bought over to believe in the American dream. I want to know what the Nigerian dream is. If we don't, it's time to have one, followed by a massive media campaign to promote it.

All over the world, we see heroes made and celebrated for heroic acheivements (think Nobel peace price, Call to Her Majesty's Knighthood). These things are not mere show-offs, they do them to inspire an entire generation. What kind of people are honoured with honorary doctorate degrees in Nigeria? Is it only reserved for the rich? even those who got money the wrong way? What inspiration does this give our youth? Why would our young want to emulate the good and heroic but not-so-rich people? they all see how the good end up, forgotten pensioners. You find the young these days seem prepared to do anything to be rich because that is what is celebrated in the country and not moral ethics or creativity. Fraud is now prevalent among youths because our security outfits and judiciary have failed woefully while older criminals seem to get away with impunity. What nationally celebrated price do we reserve for our true heroes? the truly Noble people who made remarkable discoveries or sacrifices for the country. Do they even exist? I'm amazed Nigeria is still standing with these massive deficiencies in things that are necessary for a thriving society.

3 Likes

Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Oblongatarh(m): 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2017
The List is a basket of Poo. Non is lucrative in Nigeria. The most lucrative course in Nigeria is Kidnapping Education, and Manknowmanology. Chikenan! Millions of First Class Graduates of the courses listed by the Op is roaming the streets and still being fed by thier parents years after graduation. Mtcheeeeeeeeew. Tufiakwa for Nigeria!!!

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Adex097: 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
jakesbaba:

Economics as a discipline is based on assumptions i.e change in X 'may' bring about a change in Y. Without a post graduate programme on finance, Economics may be irrelevant. Opinion.

To start with, it will be a great disservice on my part if i fail to correct the massive fallacy you just committed. Economics as a discipline is not and will never be entirely based on assumptions. When economists make assumptions, we only do so to make our models less complex, accurate and applicable, remember that most economic works are established on the grounds of human ( an unpredictable element) behaviour which is highly dynamic.

The first point you raised does not only lack credibility but it’s also self-defeating.
NO ECONOMIST in the whole universe will ever tell you a change in X may bring about a change in Y, using the word may is quite erroneous i must say. As a matter of fact, your point evidently shows the part of Economics that tells you 'WHAT WILL' and not 'WHAT MAY' happen. It's basic calculus, just one out of the numerous quantitative tools economists arm themselves with for their analyses.

Without a post graduate programme on finance, Economics may be irrelevant
This alone reviews how fluffy your knowledge of Economics is (no offence please). There are myriads of Post-grad fields in Economics with Financial Economics being one of them. Funny enough, in both developing and developed economies, top finance positions are held by Economists.

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by darqly(m): 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2017
ANNOY:
1) Accounting
2) Medicine
3) Economics
4) Law
5) Public Administration
7) Pharmacy
9) Agriculture
10) Mass Communication
11) Chemical Engineering
12) Architecture
13) Computer Science
14) Dentistry

This list is so 90's. and is why Nigeria is still stuck in a rut. There's nothing disruptive or innovative in these traditional courses and we need to re-invent them to suit the times we are in. I don't know by which yardstick you measured these courses before labelling them lucrative either.
Lets look at where the millenials are headed-

Software Development
Programming
International Financing
Investment Banking
Tele-Medicine
Data Analysis
Business Intelligence
Financial Management
Agric Economics
Financial Technology
Information and Comm Technology
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)

These, my friend, are just some of the courses we ought to introduce to our curriculum in order to be able to compete in today's world.
Nothing wrong with the ones you listed, but nothing special about them either, so what's your advantage? These days even a first class in those disciplines listed earlier won't get you more than a foot in the door.

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by jide219(m): 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2017
Donshemzy1234:

Sociology better than both
guy pol sci is the fada of all social sciences course

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by jakesbaba: 8:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
Adex097:

To start with, it will be a great disservice on my part if i fail to correct the massive fallacy you just committed. Economics as a discipline is not and will never be entirely based on assumptions. When economists make assumptions, we only do so to make our models less complex, accurate and applicable, remember that most economic works are established on the grounds of human ( an unpredictable element) behaviour which is highly dynamic.

The first point you raised does not only lack credibility but it’s also self-defeating.
NO ECONOMIST in the whole universe will ever tell you a change in X may bring about a change in Y, using the word may is quite erroneous i must say. As a matter of fact, your point evidently shows the part of Economics that tells you 'WHAT WILL' and not 'WHAT MAY' happen. It's basic calculus, just one out of the numerous quantitative tools economists arm themselves with for their analyses.

This alone reviews how fluffy your knowledge of Economics is (no offence please). There are myriads of Post-grad fields in Economics with Financial Economics being one of them. Funny enough, in both developing and developed economies, top finance positions are held by Economists.

How relevant is a fresh graduate of Economics in an emerging economy like Nig's? Pls reply. Lets start from here. Thks.
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Unclerukus: 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2017
ethene:

what's also your guarantee that u would secure employment regardless of any course u studied? Check Google and see that petroleum engineers are among the top five highest paid word wide. I didn't study petroleum Engineering, but it's a fact that I know too well.
No, hedge fund managers and investment bankers are the highest paid in the world and currently in Nigeria, petroleum engineering graduates are too many, so many people for an industry that can't absorb them all. Same with pilots too, there are dozens of jobless pilots in town.
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Gagaboy1212(m): 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
If u choose computer science ehn u are on a long run nigeria university even if u have an high jamb score pf 400 if u have c's in your result don't choose cos it is highly competive and is not that they are even going to teach the depper aspect in it all they teach is programming language and some other course

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 06, 2017
what about mmm op I think u forgot mmm
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by trino: 12:17am On Jan 06, 2017
Good day all,

One of the greatest problem with most students when writing their UTME is the lack of exposure of the Computer Based Test (CBT) methods recently deployed by JAMB for their examinations. Even the bright students, usually fidget and run short of ideas when been exposed to the CBT conditions for the first time because they are faced with the difficult task of mastering the interface real time, manage the time (with the inherent pressure from the countdown timer) and still answer all the questions as accurate as possible in their system. Now, this is a lot for the student to handle simultaneously. These challenges can be reduced by giving the student the privilege of practicing with a standard CBT software (TestDriller UTME 2017) recommended for JAMB so as to reduce the tension and workload for the student in the examination hall.

These and many more are what the TestDriller UTME 2017 provides for the students. TestDriller UTME 2017 Software contains the following features:

- A standard CBT interface with bank of past questions for all UTME subjects for the past 16 years. This could be seen in the PRACTICE EXAM section, where the student can write exams in three modes (Practice, Study & Mock Mode).It also gives you the leverage to study by topics of interest. You can also write exams on multiple subjects at a time using the same interface while navigating through them.

-An educational game session called VOCABO. VOCABO is a synonym/antonym game that helps the student to relax while learning extensively with adequate mastery of words thereby increasing their vocabulary at their leisure

-A standalone package called MATHSOLVER that helps the students to solve mathematical questions with step-by-step explanations.

- A robust ENGLISH KIT that contains 9 sections which includes standard dictionary, over 200 common errors in English Language with explanation from A-Z, Phrasal Verbs and Explanations A-Z, Figures of Speech and Explanations from A-Z, idomatic Expressions A-Z and so on.

- An intelligent guide on how to efficiently solve mathematical problems at a lesser time and higher speed through the MATHS TIPS section with over 100 outline covered

- A comprehensive package on CBT in the "COLLECTIONS" section with all you need to know about CBT covered. This includes the Dos and Donts of CBT, features of CBT, Advantages of CBT over Paper Based Test and things to do during a computer based test (CBT). It also covered some success quotes and success poems to keep you motivated

- Finally, the TestDriller UTME contains the recommended text for JAMB in Literature for 2016 which is "THE LAST DAYS AT FORCADOS" and even questions and explanations for each chapter.

We also have the Testdriller SSCE 2017 for PCs and on android.

So what are you waiting for?

Contact Valentine on 08034047666 or 07058199231 or Email: testdrillersoftwaresolutions@gmail.com and whatsapp: 08034047666

Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Aroh48(m): 1:15am On Jan 06, 2017
ethene:

petroleum Engineering should top the list, whether oil price is crashing or not those guys still remains the highest paid in naija or even in the world at large.
How many dey work for oil companies?
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by jechona(m): 1:33am On Jan 06, 2017
ANNOY:
1) Accounting
2) Medicine
3) Economics
4) Law
5) Public Administration
7) Pharmacy
9) Agriculture
10) Mass Communication
11) Chemical Engineering
12) Architecture
13) Computer Science
14) Dentistry

My friend wake from your slumber, you are yet to understand Nigeria. "mechanical " lucrative in Nigeria when "civil " is there?
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Christardor: 7:41am On Jan 06, 2017
You Still Dey School?
macjoshmini:
9 and 3... Agric economics cool cool I love the course scarra.... Proudly an agric economist..
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by macjoshmini(m): 8:01am On Jan 06, 2017
Christardor:
You Still Dey School?
Yea....200lvl..What of yhu
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by macjoshmini(m): 8:02am On Jan 06, 2017
Willgates:

Ya right, Agric economics! Currently in my 400L. Which university are you bruv?
I'm currently in 200lvl....futminna

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 06, 2017
Unclerukus:
No, hedge fund managers and investment bankers are the highest paid in the world and currently in Nigeria, petroleum engineering graduates are too many, so many people for an industry that can't absorb them all. Same with pilots too, there are dozens of jobless pilots in town.
I said that they are among the highest paid I didn't say they are the highest paid.
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Gagaboy1212(m): 8:37am On Jan 06, 2017
GuDErboY:
when roadside business centre owner fit scatter n couple computer pass person wey read am fr school?
Olodo na computer engineering be that shey u see the differrence computer science is based on programming amd software design sho ti ye eee
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by GuDErboY(m): 8:47am On Jan 06, 2017
Gagaboy1212:
Olodo na computer engineering be that shey u see the differrence computer science is based on programming amd software design sho ti ye eee
Olodo? lol
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by glambo(m): 9:07am On Jan 06, 2017
ANNOY:
1) Accounting
2) Medicine
3) Economics
4) Law
5) Public Administration
7) Pharmacy
9) Agriculture
10) Mass Communication
11) Chemical Engineering
12) Architecture
13) Computer Science
14) Dentistry

This list isn't complete without Civil Engineering and Electrical Engineering, the present day development is centered around infrastructural development

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by MrMontella(m): 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2017
darqly:

This list is so 90's. and is why Nigeria is still stuck in a rut. There's nothing disruptive or innovative in these traditional courses and we need to re-invent them to suit the times we are in. I don't know by which yardstick you measured these courses before labelling them lucrative either.
Lets look at where the millenials are headed-

Software Development
Programming
International Financing
Investment Banking
Tele-Medicine
Data Analysis
Business Intelligence
Financial Management
Agric Economics
Financial Technology
Information and Comm Technology
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)

These, my friend, are just some of the courses we ought to introduce to our curriculum in order to be able to compete in today's world.
Nothing wrong with the ones you listed, but nothing special about them either, so what's your advantage? These days even a first class in those disciplines listed earlier won't get you more than a foot in the door.
so comp. Science, chemical engineering and agriculture are 90's courses?

Lol...funny
Re: Top 15 Lucrative Courses Jambites Should Select In 2017. by Christardor: 6:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
I Have Just Gotten Admission..What Are The Subjects You Took During Your First Year.
macjoshmini:

Yea....200lvl..What of yhu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Sister Just Bagged Her Ph.d From OAU Am So Happy (pictures). / Saidat Sanni Is LAUTECH Best Student With 4.88 Cgp(pic / Seyi Makinde Renames University After Ajimobi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.