Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State (21049 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by generalwhite(m): 7:04am On Jan 06, 2017
four plugs engine!!!!!! how u take do am?

na flying Volvo u dey drive or na "ka na ko" u dey use yoruba guys go understand dat...
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by takenadoh: 7:04am On Jan 06, 2017
hmmm is it the bobbi u wanted to show us or ur Volvo car?

and Lalastic go back to bed.
3 wack threads on FP now

SMH!!!
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Ritchiee: 7:08am On Jan 06, 2017
More pls.
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by tellwisdom: 7:15am On Jan 06, 2017
Instead of you to give her transport fare for visiting you, u decided to risk your life driving all the way from Lagos to God knows where. Deporting..Abi Wetin be ur name.? angry

8 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by wintersnow(m): 7:19am On Jan 06, 2017
Wait is there no fine thing to snap Baba just dey snap bush and old signboard, even car engine...
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 06, 2017
generalwhite:

na flying Volvo u dey drive or na "ka na ko" u dey use yoruba guys go understand dat...

It's turbocharged.
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by 1wolex85: 7:20am On Jan 06, 2017
diportivo:

1.bros,iv driven that road in 7 mins between governors office and d shagamu roundabout with a 2.0l i4 golf mk4
Road wasn't as bad as it is now.13 mins isn't between the interchange and kuto roundabout na grin

2. The road goes straight to iseyin and beyond. Iv only been on it as far as iseyin.going to apata from eruwa is still the same as going to eleyele from eruwa.at ido u turn right toward omi-adio/apata or turn left towards eleyele

Ah Oga! 7 mins between Abeokuta and Sagamu! haba. I schooled in Abeokuta for 6 years and only God knows how many times I plied that road. When I drove on that road last year, it took 30 mins driving at 80 to 100 kmph so at what speed were you driving?

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by ArabMopol(m): 7:20am On Jan 06, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Chill man!! It's not your life or your money. If people are happy with the way they live, it's not your darn responsibility or concern.
some ppl self
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by 1wolex85: 7:25am On Jan 06, 2017
What exactly is wrong with where he lives?
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by skyfall: 7:33am On Jan 06, 2017
generalwhite:

LOL at "ka na ko."
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by dhamiylhola(m): 7:43am On Jan 06, 2017
But OP, why is your fuel gauge still on half tank?
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by niyi123: 7:45am On Jan 06, 2017
What does this mean, I think this nairaland is gradually loosing it.
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Swissheart(f): 7:46am On Jan 06, 2017
1wolex85:

Ah Oga! 7 mins between Abeokuta and Sagamu! haba. I schooled in Abeokuta for 6 years and only God knows how many times I plied that road. When I drove on that road last year, it took 30 mins driving at 80 to 100 kmph so at what speed were you driving?
I have been wondering too, Sagamu to Abeokuta can't be less than 25mins @120/kmph.
Op.....I almost visited Eruwa last year but didn't. Heard it is a very cool village though with few houses.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by seunfly: 7:47am On Jan 06, 2017
skyfall:

LOL at "ka na ko."

African wormhole, I even think eisten is a Yoruba man because his theory of relativity, quantum mechanic and space and time is so similar to Yoruba juju stuff. Only that Yoruba people can't explain it theoretically like him.
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 8:04am On Jan 06, 2017
1wolex85:

Like I pointed out,not between kuto and the interchange..will try and video my return journey for una wey nor believe tongue

Swissheart:
I have been wondering too, Sagamu to Abeokuta can't be less than 25mins @120/kmph.
Op.....I almost visited Eruwa last year but didn't. Heard it is a very cool village though with few houses.

Lol @few houses

Its a very cool place,with lots of houses.....surrounded but mountains
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by yinkslinks(m): 8:04am On Jan 06, 2017
You now stop for bush to suck that big boobs abi? baddest grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
diportivo:
So,I had to go sort some things in my hometown and I decided to take pictures in the way

Departure.....ikorodu,lagos

Destination..... Eruwa,ibarapa east local government area,oyo state

Route....there are three routes used to get out of Lagos thru ikorodu.

there's the sagamu-ikorodu road,which is the shortest and quickest of the lot,but is ridden with so many craters dat I didn't even think of it at all.that route would have taken me to sagamu,I would have then taken a left turn just after lafarge cement to link the sagamu-ore expressway

There's the ikorodu-itokin-ijebuode road.this would have taken me to the ijebu ode end of the sagamu-ore expressway via imota,adamo,itokin etc.this route tho smoother,is relatively longer as I would need to link Abeokuta to get to my destination

I was left with just one other option, which was to go through the lagos-ibadan expressway to sagamu,and then climb the bridge at the sagamu interchange and face Abeokuta from there

From Abeokuta, I would navigate through the town,get to olomore and then to lafenwa

From lafenwa,will get on the abeokuta-sokoto highway,which general olusegun obasanjo started in the 70s,but hasn't been finished till date.road doesn't get past kwara state(I think),but its the surest route to get to my hometown...also to towns like igboora,Maya, ayete,iseyin and the likes

Road is relatively smooth,but not busy.so much so that there has been instances of robbery especially early mornings and late nights

Duration of journey....3hrs(traffic and all inclusive)

Ride....2003 volvo S60 with 2.0T i5 engine wink

Pictures.....fluids check

Tires check

Cluster check

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 8:05am On Jan 06, 2017
tellwisdom:
Instead of you to give her transport fare for visiting you, u decided to risk your life driving all the way from Lagos to God knows where. Deporting..Abi Wetin be ur name.? angry

Gone are the days when I did stuffs like dat bros

Besides,dats my wife tongue

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by MrRichy(m): 8:07am On Jan 06, 2017
where are the IDGAF boys? food don don..

BTW Op nice engines
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by yinkslinks(m): 8:09am On Jan 06, 2017
Op is just a boy boy driver who helped a sweet boobly woman drove her newly bought car from lagos to ibadan. They drove through abk to beat hold up. Op also pulled over at some point to use his vaseline grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 8:09am On Jan 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:
I'm just completely shocked and flabbergasted that such a pristine engine bay exists in Nigeria. In fact it gives my engine bay a run for it's money.

Good job on cleanliness OP. The interior is also clean.

Talking about interior, I do believe that you're stingy to the boys here by not offering full disclosure grin

Uncle,e kaaro sir

When u r around will bring it to ur site so u can bless it grin

The boys should "kamdan"

Its a case of "oju lo ma ri,enu o ni kan" grin

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 8:13am On Jan 06, 2017
Mynd44:
That Abeokuta-Sokoto road has not only been abandoned but forgotten. A lot of drivers don't even know it exists.

Eruwa though, that place holds memories for me.

Your engine is so neat. Dammit! cool cool

Forgotten is the word

And it would av decongested all the oda roads leading to the north..I doubt if ferma has been there to do anything in decades

So eruwa holds memories??I will tell grin
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 8:18am On Jan 06, 2017
gbaskiboy:
Bro! Simple trip it make sense a lot
The car clean and it makes sense
Some of the road are relatively clean and neat
Wish you accident free journey back home. Don't forget to buy me guguru oooooooo grin grin

Thanks bro

How would u like ur guguru.....salted or sugar? cool
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 06, 2017
This Volvo engine is a 2Litre engine but has no Turbo. I stand to be proved wrong though. sad
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 8:22am On Jan 06, 2017
tunesoft:

Really never knew such road exists....there must be a ready why it's not choice.....robbers? Bad road? Shorter routes?

Its cos it doesn't go all the way to sokoto as originally planned

Road is relatively okay

Robbers are there cos there are few cars on the road

Altho,there's a lot of police checkpoint there too
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by nurey(m): 8:23am On Jan 06, 2017
diportivo:

Forgotten is the word

And it would av decongested all the oda roads leading to the north..I doubt if ferma has been there to do anything in decades

So eruwa holds memories??I will tell grin

Would it be possible to provide a Google map, navigation coordinates of that road.
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 8:25am On Jan 06, 2017
Horladortune:
This Volvo engine is a 2Litre engine but has no Turbo. I stand to be proved wrong though. sad

U av just been proven wrong by me,since the beginning of the thread

Did u see the picture well?if yes,ur answer lies there...boldly sef
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Ninilowo(m): 8:26am On Jan 06, 2017
Which part of Eruwa are you from? Anko, oke'ruwa, Sangote, Sango, oke Ola or orita abi na new Eruwa. Anyway I wish you a very nice stay.
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by 1wolex85: 8:37am On Jan 06, 2017
diportivo:

Like I pointed out,not between kuto and the interchange..will try and video my return journey for una wey nor believe tongue

Lol @few houses

Its a very cool place,with lots of houses.....surrounded but mountains

So from where to where exactly
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by masseratti: 9:01am On Jan 06, 2017
Da fuq? how did this got to the front page?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Overview Of The Yaba BRT Terminus By LASG / Commercial Bus Falls Into Gutter At Dopemu, Lagos (Photos) / Accident Involving Keke And Bus Leaves 2 Abraka Market Traders Unconscious -pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.