Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here (1206 Views)

How To Retrieve A Hacked FB Account Or Even Delete It Totally. / Advise Pls, Seems Confuse About My Career / My Programming Park (rise Of A Learner) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here by mosefin19(m): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2017
what happen is that i have python installed on my system and have been reading no starch python pdf... thou have been reading so many pdf file earlier but dnt knw hw to go about it... the problem i always have is how to run d code and where is been stored....i also installed geany text editor but try all i could but still getting stuck at some point
any1 who can help a bro here. really hv d determination 2 learn
getting stuck at this early stage can really b frustrating
Re: Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here by phililp(m): 11:49am On Jan 05, 2017
my brother looks like we are on same boat.. am taking the html/css route for now O and na so the tin the hook me. cos no live tutor
Re: Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here by Donald3d(m): 11:53am On Jan 05, 2017
Your needs and explanations are not clear bro

1 Like

Re: Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here by Dreadlord: 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
I haven't used geany for python programming before, I will suggest you Google how to run python source code in geany.
There are loads of ways to run a python source, you could use your terminal, IDLE (python very own IDE),pycharm, eclipse and loads of other text editors and IDEs
I suggest you use IDLE , it's super simple and get think python book or how to think like a computer scientist, also PLEASE learn how to Google eg how to use geany to run python code.

1 Like

Re: Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here by mosefin19(m): 12:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
[quote author=Donald3d post=52550981]Your needs and explanations are not clear bro[/quote

Ok bro i want to learn python..and i have installed the python app which has d IDlE, MODULE, AND MANUAL in it dnt knw if i will need to install anything again.. and tru the python pdf am using it show i will have to installed text editor geany...which i did....but d problem is i still dnt knw hw to go about it like

1,how to run the code u hv written
2,where it will been store to change to the apllication or any software u are creating..

tnkz 4 ur concern bro
Re: Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here by mosefin19(m): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
Dreadlord:
I haven't used geany for python programming before, I will suggest you Google how to run python source code in geany.
There are loads of ways to run a python source, you could use your terminal, IDLE (python very own IDE),pycharm, eclipse and loads of other text editors and IDEs
I suggest you use IDLE , it's super simple and get think python book or how to think like a computer scientist, also PLEASE learn how to Google eg how to use geany to run python code.

tnkz veri much bro....
d python i install has d idle on it
but after wont i need anything again
Re: Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here by kudaisi(m): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
mosefin19:
what happen is that i have python installed on my system and have been reading no starch python pdf... thou have been reading so many pdf file earlier but dnt knw hw to go about it... the problem i always have is how to run d code and where is been stored....i also installed geany text editor but try all i could but still getting stuck at some point

Python usually comes (depending on how it is installed) with a suitable code editor known as IDLE (Integrated Development Environment or Integrated Development and Learning Environment) when installed, You have the option to use IDLE or any other editor you want. However, I encourage you to use IDLE as learners usually find it easier to run codes from IDLE.

Typically from IDLE all you need to do is:
1. File > New File
2. Type in your code in the newly opened window.
3. Hit Ctrl + S and save the file or File > Save As or File > Save As. Let's say you save the file on your desktop as Learn-Python.py
4. Run Menu > Run Module or Simply hit F5 to run you code.

Alternative Editor:
1. After Save your file on the desktop assuming you save it here C:\Documents and Settings\Yemi\Desktop\Learn-Python.py
2. Open command prompt by clicking on Start > Run > type "cmd" in the opened dialog
3. Change directory to the file's directory with
> cd C:\Documents and Settings\Yemi\Desktop
4. Then run the command
> python Learn-Python.py
5. At this point your code should run successfully (That is if you've added python to your system PATH).
6. If you get the message 'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file . Then you need add python to you System Path, I hope you can do that.

NOTE: You can run python codes interactively (directly without saving a file), I'm assuming you intention is to create modules.

2 Likes

Re: Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here by Dreadlord: 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2017
Nah, you can use the IDLE to learn how to programming and also how to the python programming language.
Re: Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here by kudaisi(m): 12:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
Dreadlord:
Nah, you can use the IDLE to learn how to programming and also how to the python programming language.
I'm guessing this is a typo...
Re: Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here by Dreadlord: 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2017
kudaisi:
I'm guessing this is a typo...
Ya,so sorry.
What I meant to say was,
IDLE is a good IDE for learning to how to programme and also learning the python programming language.
Re: Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
mosefin19:

download a course from udemy on python u will understand better when reading e-books .
Re: Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here by appcypher: 1:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
mosefin19:
Join a python group asap
Re: Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here by greatface(m): 9:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
I think what you need is to locate where that file is saved then right click on it and choose open with python.

But as a learner I will advice you stick to python's inbuilt IDLE until you are familiar with it and how other stuffs work.

Happy learning.
Re: Just Totally Confuse Pls Help A Learner Here by worisj(m): 11:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
Youre Totally Confused Because You've Decided To Take A Very Big Leap, Truth Is If Not Careful You'll Hit Your Head On That Very Big Wall ( Confusion) And You Might Give Up. Well My Advice For You Is To Retrace Your Steps And Maybe Start With Html And Css , You Might Find Out How The Whole Thing Works In A Very Simple Way. Maybe When You Know How To Open A .html File On A Browser, Opening a .py File Would No Longer Be Confusing

(1) (Reply)

To Create Individual Profile For New Users Or Not / Expert In Microsoft Excel / We Need Someone That Can Build A Loan App Like Paylater And Branch Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.