Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,167 members, 7,953,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:04 PM

Advise Pls, Seems Confuse About My Career - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Advise Pls, Seems Confuse About My Career (1323 Views)

Pls I Need Ur Advice On My Career / I Started My Career As A Data Analyst / I Urgently Need Advice On Choosing My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Pls, Seems Confuse About My Career by ayorinde217(m): 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hello professionals and programmers, I need to tell you little about myself as that will be a guide on best advise to give me.

I graduated with diploma in data processing from OOU and B.sc in Computer science from NOUN. just concluded my M.sc Info Tech awaiting result.

I worked with one ISP company after my Dip. For a year plus, I left the job for another job in one high sch where the pay was better off but till today I've not been able to move out of the school job even after my b.sc comp sci and m.sc it(awaiting)

Please I need your advise
*Because I have passion for building my career in IT JOB
*because I'm tired of teaching job, it's hard to develop one's skill in IT, no team work, only u and your student in d computer lab
* I want to embark on professional courses and certifications as that has been the major reason why I've not gotten my dream job in IT. I have basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, Microsoft Visual C# express 2010 and can also create websites using CMS like joomla and wordpress. Please which professional course will u suggest I should go for, I want to be certified and elevate my proficiency in ICT. And where can I get the best certification, I reside in Ibadan presently but I don't mind to relocate back to Lagos if that's where I can get the best

I wouldn't mind if u can give me more insights on the professional courses that deals with software development and web applications design. Thank u in anticipation
Re: Advise Pls, Seems Confuse About My Career by 4kings: 6:46am On Oct 27, 2017

1 Like

Re: Advise Pls, Seems Confuse About My Career by ayorinde217(m): 6:38pm On Oct 27, 2017
4kings:
For professional courses: https://www.edx.org/microsoft-professional-program-data-science
Thank u bro, exploring it already

1 Like

Re: Advise Pls, Seems Confuse About My Career by asalimpo(m): 9:41pm On Oct 27, 2017
i'm not trying to put u down or disparage the nigerian education system - but it seems the whole thing is terrible charade.
I expect that with m.sc, one should be working on advanced problems and intellectuallyequipped to proceed
to phD where he/she can advance the field.
Saying you can just use cms like joomla ,css and html is just pathetic.
This our country na wa.
To be an employee those papers help,but to be percieved as valuable, you just need to prove yourself.
Show me any1 who solved a hard problem, and i'll be more intrigued than one with a piece/pieces of paper.
If candidate A has no papers but wrote a compiler and candidate B has an Msc but only knows basic syntax,who will be more preferred?

At bsc you are suppose to be able to understand deep topics like OS,Artificial intelligence, theory of computation. At Msc it gets deeper, at phD!! - far deeper! (your papers could change the field).
I'm not bashing you but the system-it's junk. Forget about certs, know your craft very very well,
any1 that will not appreciate u over certs is a blind cow - blinded bythe current culture.

4 Likes

Re: Advise Pls, Seems Confuse About My Career by Olyboy16(m): 9:52am On Oct 30, 2017
asalimpo has said it all! 20% papers, 30% maths, 50% code; thats the simple way to Tech success

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This New Forum I Installed. Like Nairaland++ / Urgently Need UI & UX Designers / Uber And Bolt App Possibly Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.