Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

My Dad's Experience With Herdsmen - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Dad's Experience With Herdsmen (751 Views)

Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) / Fulani Herdsmen Destroy Farms Worth Millions / “my Fulani Story”; Pastor Narrates His Experience With Herdsmen In His Farm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad's Experience With Herdsmen by tyeenigga(m): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
MY DAD'S STORY
I was rounding up my work at the farm when I saw about six(6) teenage Fulani herdsmen, coming to my side. I ask for what they wanted while they responded that I was the one who cut their cow with cutlass yesterday & chase their cow away. I ask them how I cut their cow with cutlass. while I was trying to tell them that it was not true ( I chase their cows from eating my farm yesterday when I saw them just by ringing a bell which makes the cow to run away) , they kept moving towards me with cutlasses, I started running while they were chasing me. I don't even know how I was able to call the last dialled number on my phone shouting "it's bororo". he called my wife & contacted other people who came to look for me. I think they went back after hearing the call I made, but they actually chased me for about 10 minutes (chasing a man of 60yrs plus who didn't eat to the farm due to my Church one(1) week fasting & prayer ). I was able to hide somewhere for some minutes, when I the see their trace again, I took another way yo my farm & on getting to the farm. they cut the harvested yams in the farm into pieces. I didn't really have much harvest from cassava because of the damage their cows did, a number of time, they come & steal my yams.
(If not for Jesus, u will be sending me condolences. A man of 60yrs who can run without food in his stomach & not fall down, it's God's power that was in charge. thank God for the prayer & fasting)

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Experience With Herdsmen by Mujaheeeden: 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
Your location and picture of the farm will really help
Re: My Dad's Experience With Herdsmen by TreasuredLeidy(f): 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
Tenk God for your Dad

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Experience With Herdsmen by etrader(m): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
Did you report to any authority after escape? also let us know your location and some pictures of damage farm

2 Likes

Re: My Dad's Experience With Herdsmen by greenermodels: 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
tyeenigga:
MY DAD'S STORY
I was rounding up my work at the farm when I saw about six(6) teenage Fulani herdsmen, coming to my side. I ask for what they wanted while they responded that I was the one who cut their cow with cutlass yesterday & chase their cow away. I ask them how I cut their cow with cutlass. while I was trying to tell them that it was not true ( I chase their cows from eating my farm yesterday when I saw them just by ringing a bell which makes the cow to run away) , they kept moving towards me with cutlasses, I started running while they were chasing me. I don't even know how I was able to call the last dialled number on my phone shouting "it's bororo". he called my wife & contacted other people who came to look for me. I think they went back after hearing the call I made, but they actually chased me for about 10 minutes (chasing a man of 60yrs plus who didn't eat to the farm due to my Church one(1) week fasting & prayer ). I was able to hide somewhere for some minutes, when I the see their trace again, I took another way yo my farm & on getting to the farm. they cut the harvested yams in the farm into pieces. I didn't really have much harvest from cassava because of the damage their cows did, a number of time, they come & steal my yams.
(If not for Jesus, u will be sending me condolences. A man of 60yrs who can run without food in his stomach & not fall down, it's God's power that was in charge. thank God for the prayer & fasting)
please where did this happen?
Re: My Dad's Experience With Herdsmen by nurey(m): 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
This is one of the reasons i refused to start my farm again. During my nysc in 2015 i had enough cash to buy a car, since i needed to plan for the future, i invested the money in agricullture instead, bought land and decided to do plantain farming. To cut the long story short, this fulani men grazed their cattle on my farm while the security man was away, i lost upto 2million, i saw the cows but couldnt chase them for fear of stamped. I was told to nab one of the cows, me, Behind boy nab cow, nah rodeo we dey.

well if you intend going for agriculture now, its either you fence your land to remove any form of confrontation with this mad men, get delivery of assorted riffles from the M16 to AK47 to revolver as many as you can get or just employ 10 DSS to man your farm.
Re: My Dad's Experience With Herdsmen by 123papas(m): 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2017
fence your farm with jatropha
Re: My Dad's Experience With Herdsmen by tyeenigga(m): 8:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
Location of the farm: Ilorin, Kwara state.
Report: My dad when to the nearest police station and they said four other people made the same report, that they will forward it to CP.
Haven't been able to get the pictures because am in Abj

(1) (Reply)

Call For Your Farm Set Up ,solution And Procurement / Fresh Farm Products For Sale / Where Every Farmers Are Going Now: Internet!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.