Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Help Review My Essay, Please! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Help Review My Essay, Please! (544 Views)

Please Help Me Review My Work!! / Please help review: Beneath The Rubbles / Book Review – My Mind Is No Longer Here By Nze-sylva Ifedigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Review My Essay, Please! by lalassticlala: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hello Ladies and Gents, Please a help me here review my essay, correct and help with some suggestions.
Thank You all.

“Never enslaved, never defeated against our own will”
can you say the same? I asked a friend from the other part of the country. Though I won that argument, but I would never forget her response or the complete confusion I felt trying to digest the words. Today I realize that this experience greatly influenced my professional ambition as well as my personal identity. While early on my professional ambitions were aimed towards the medical field, later experiences have redirected me towards a career in technology.

I came from a small town in Northern Nigeria. Many people in this town do not graduate from a secondary school and for them, university is an idealistic concept not a reality. In whole of my family and relatives, only my late father was a University graduate; my mother only went through primary school. Feelings of being trapped in this stagnant environment permeated my mind, and yet I knew I have to go to school; I have to get out. Although most friends and my family did not understand my ambitions, I knew I had to attend a college, I wanted to make a difference and use their doubts as a motivation to press through.

Northern Nigeria is among the regions with higher number of illiteracy in the world, some reports saying more than 55 percent of people in this region are illiterates. passing through the neighborhood, I see many children and some friends, whom were supposed to be in school, roam the streets. Seeing conditions like this, I got depressed and made me thinking how can I better the lives of these people and my community. (Al)though I am the shy type and sometimes do not want to express myself to people, afraid, I may sound dumb or stupid to them. Later on, a 4 weeks school vocation opened my eyes and gave me this deep-seated passion for serving society. While in the service, I had the great honor of meeting with several young people, who, like me, wanted to make a difference. After thinking about it enough I started to talk and before I know it, I was giving free classes to some out-of-school kids in the neihborhood. At first it felt I could be going out of my way, but after a while it just became part of my daily life. It’s always a good feeling to know that you can make an impact on someone’s life. The free classes are still running, but in the meantime I realize that, an eighteen-year old school graduate, even one with some helping hands, may not be enough to make an impact in the community. For this, I am pushing myself to get the highest of level and best education possible.

“Be the change you want to see in the world”
one of my favorite quotes, still among the reasons I would love to come back to Nigeria after successfully completion of my studies, so I could be the change I’d die for, to happen in my country. And hopefully, we would stop being bunch of illiterates.

YOUR OPINION MATTERS
Re: Help Review My Essay, Please! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2017
You are the fake lala na.
Re: Help Review My Essay, Please! by Obinnau(m): 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2017
Re: Help Review My Essay, Please! by lalassticlala: 8:45pm On Jan 05, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
You are the fake lala na.
There's morethan one of everything

(1) (Reply)

The Foggy Path (a Comedomantic Story Inspired By True Life Events) / I Need A Proficient Writer / Unknown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.