Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric (32918 Views)

Sabon Gari Market In Kano, Before And After Lockdown / I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) / Temie Giwa-Tubosun Wins $250K Jack Ma’s Netrepreneur Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:45pm On Jan 07, 2017
elhafeez:
Today i went to Giwa market in Giwa local government of Kaduna state to purchase food stuff. I was impressed and proud of Nigerian farmers. They truly had à bumper harvest. you would find thousand of bags of different produce from maize, millet, rice, soya beans. The sad side of thé story is the price of these products are on thé high side. They keep increasing every week.
A bag of maize goes for 13,000 last month it was 11,000
A bag of maize for pop corn is sold for 15,000
Beans prices range from 19,000 - 23,000 à bag
Soghourm goes for 16,000 Per bag
millet goes for 12,800

Finally i Wonder why the prices of thèse product keep increasing even with thé large supply of thèse products available. It's seems like the forces of demand and supply dont work in Nigerian market.
Good morning Nairalanders
Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by TeamSimple(m): 12:45pm On Jan 07, 2017
IF ONLY........

BUT IT IS SO UNFORTUNATE........
Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by booz(m): 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2017
The problem of Nigeria is not productivity, but the technology to preserve and sustain quality and fhhiuuu!!! International recognition!

1 Like

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by Mjshexy(f): 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
We have the land, i just wonder y we keep running after oil. Agriculture has & will always be our bail out from this so called economic quagmire, we must step up.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by oluwaahmed: 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
Does dis change d price of rice in d mkt

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:48pm On Jan 07, 2017
bolseas:
cost of labour, machinery deployed to clear, plant, harvest, packaging, transportation, maintenance, etc of the produce could result to the high prices.
due to insane exchange rate
Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by Royalfurnitures: 12:49pm On Jan 07, 2017
Nigeria is really blessed with abundant, human and natural resources, but greed, ethnicity, and religious bigotry have been our major hindrance to development.

Pls check out my signature for quality and durable furniture

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by elhafeez(m): 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
[quote author=WebSurfer post=52609339]Are you a photographer?

The Pictures shocked[/quoted
if you were there you will be proud of our farmers. I had to share the experience with the world.

1 Like

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by jamaljalal(m): 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2017
hope it circulate...........
Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by Btruth: 12:53pm On Jan 07, 2017
But unfortunately the government cannot control the price of all the produce to reach the market at a reasonable price for the masses. Though, the cost of haulage, the tariff of produce people on the highway and the un-ending demands of the police charges from the motorist too has contributed to the high cost in those food stuffs.

It will be advisable if our government can help control all this, and moreover, all the major roads needs to be fix too. Imagine a truck coming from Kaduna to Lagos will needs to go through Abuja, Lokoja, Okene down to Onda state, instead of going through Mokera, Mokwa, Jebba to ilorin down to Lagos.

Nigeria indeed has a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by dschools: 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
How much is F*ck?

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by charlesadams926(m): 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2017
lol... Dont be fooled by the very many bags, these quantity can't even feed Lagos..... you need to see an American silo...
Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2017

Its a very small circle of the population that produced these pictures then I'm not shaken at all on the status of the supply/price index .

Nigerians will only get a free pass when the circle widens and when we start to have rebounding supplies from all angles of the nation just like it happ3ns everywhere else.

More variance in supply source = more varianced balancing of economic factor.

1 Like

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by Awoofawo(m): 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
Abduljohn:
Nigeria is blessed and rich in agriculture but the problem is still the wide difference between the elite and farmers. Farming is presented as not being lucrative compared to white collar job and you cant compare the stress involved in both. The best way to give more to the farmers is by recognising their work beyond poverty more reason why prices will keep growing.

Wrong!!!

The problem is Bubu brodas, destroying farm products!!!!

Quote me make thunder faya you! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by fuckhead: 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2017
One the problem is that Fulani herdsmen will not allow us to farm in peace...
Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by tomdon(m): 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2017
Good one
Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by Momoney77: 1:13pm On Jan 07, 2017
I saw maize for pop-corn there, Please is pop-corn cultivated in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by iLiquidator: 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2017
SirHouloo:
Our coexistence as a nation has more advantages than the disadvantages.
NaijaDelta no go drink crude oil,
Even the northerners can't cook without palm oil from east.
Just like Buhari wouldn't have become a president without the backing of Tinubu from the west.
This is the most sensible comment I read today

4 Likes

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by elhafeez(m): 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2017
Momoney77:
I saw maize for pop-corn there, Please is pop-corn cultivated in Nigeria?

Yes.
Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by elhafeez(m): 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
charlesadams926:
lol... Dont be fooled by the very many bags, these quantity can't even feed Lagos..... you need to see an American silo...

we have about 6 of these markets(gladimawa, tudu and others) around Zaria alone for those who know Zaria. you find these large quantities of food started. Am sure other states have similar markets too. If can be sustained. in 10 years. Nigeria will be a giant in africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by efilefun(m): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
You got it right... an average Nigerian will always look for a way to dupe his fellow Nigerian... just look at what is happening in business section of this forum... The number of scammers there keep increasing on a daily basis
johnreh:
this is just one in hundreds of markets scattered all over the country. Nigeria really blessed with excess of abundance, only problem with Nigeria is Nigerians!!!

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by Momoney77: 1:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
elhafeez:

Yes.

i never knew, do you have any link or is there any thread where its fully discussed?
Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
While I will first like to point to the fact that your comment is vaguely backwards (no offense)

Abduljohn:
Nigeria is blessed and rich in agriculture but the problem is still the wide difference between the elite and farmers. Farming is presented as not being lucrative compared to white collar job and you cant compare the stress involved in both. The best way to give more to the farmers is by recognising their work beyond poverty more reason why prices will keep growing.

You see the difference between the so called elites (by the way they depend on the farmers to survive) and the farmers is not the problem in contrary it should be an advantag.
the more deeply ignorant we get about the agriculture profession the harder we get bitten by its brunt (sadly Nigerians never gets shy by the bites).

So you will be taking it completely backwards if you're campaigning that the farmers get recognition
but rather campaign for the population to get out its self indulged ignorance and her short sighted thirst for the easy way out a.k.a White collar job.

1 Like

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by elhafeez(m): 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
Momoney77:

i never knew, do you have any link or is there any thread where its fully discussed?

No I don't. But I have planted it before. It grows exactly like make the difference is in the size. it's smaller.
Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by doctokwus: 1:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
A land richly blessed by God;sold to the devil,leaving us with leaders deficient in integrity,thought and ideas
Thus we find ourselves competing with the likes of Gambia,Haiti,South Sudan,Venezuela etc when with our endowments we shud be in d same league with the Americans,Japanese,Germans,and not even the Chinese.
Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by Momoney77: 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2017
elhafeez:

No I don't. But I have planted it before. It grows exactly like make the difference is in the size. it's smaller.

Please how did you come about the seeds, can it gotten from just anywhere.
Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by Naijafirst: 2:01pm On Jan 07, 2017
My hope is that sooner than later, we will stop seeing markets like this. It is a hallmark of underdevelopment. There ought to be a seamless transition of food from farm to market with a smoothened enabling process that maximise value for all. Imagine if rain was to suddenly start over that market. Now, before you say rain does not fall in the area in this season, remember that sabotage is easily predicated on vulnerability. There are cheap chemicals you can spray high above the sky to induce rain and as the world's second largest importer of rice our self sufficiency is a huge threat to the global players. I am talking about players with the technology and capacity to fight back. I will continue to pray that we get it right soonest.

4 Likes

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by qleap2all(m): 2:01pm On Jan 07, 2017
elhafeez:
Don't mind them, the thing go soon spoil. In normal climes the government ought to purchase it from them as reserve this would encourage them 2 produce more and as more people (supplies) comes in then the prices could be forced to come down as a result of low demand

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by HAH: 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
The reason prices of local produce are going up even at harvest time is EXPORT, while imports are banned exports are allowed and because of lose value of the Naira buyers come from neigbouring countries to buy or some traders take them there and make income in FX

1 Like

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by Baroba(m): 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
EmmaOgbu:
It's not by farming, means of transportation to the consumers is d real issue. The farmers alone cannot finish their products. The government should provide means for transportation and storage.

Gbam, you sure nailed it, you may as well add Poor road networks, epileptic power supply, poor storage facilities, poor / non existent rail network, corruption, unnecessary red tapes.. Kenyans and Israelis can move there fresh produce within a few hours of harvesting to Europe, whereas farmers in Naija are struggling to get there goods to consumers in the same country..

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by rusher14: 3:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
Btruth:
But unfortunately the government cannot control the price of all the produce to reach the market at a reasonable price for the masses. Though, the cost of haulage, the tariff of produce people on the highway and the un-ending demands of the police charges from the motorist to has contributed to the high cost in those food stuffs.

It will be advisable if our government can help control all this, and moreover, all the major roads needs to be fix too. Imagine a truck coming from Kaduna to Lagos will needs to go through Abuja, Lokoja, Okene down to Onda state, instead of going through Mokera, Mokwa, Jebba to ilorin down to Lagos.

Nigeria indeed has a long way to go.
We need a truly networked rail system which is the reason for loans the government has been trying to raise.

Jobs would be created, less pressure on our roads, less incidents of robbery, goods get to their destination more fresh, much quicker etc.
Re: Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric by googlepikins: 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2017
SirHouloo:
Our coexistence as a nation has more advantages than the disadvantages.
NaijaDelta no go drink crude oil,
Even the northerners can't cook without palm oil from the east.
Just like Buhari wouldn't have become a president without the backing of Tinubu from the west.
Which kind Tinubu, if Fulanis catch you and that Tinubu. You go talk wether na only Tinubu get AC , ANPP , CPC and other parties that makes APC. The answer is the reason why fulanis don't have time for Tinubu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dairo Damilola Opeyemi Redefining Auto-parts Business In Nigeria / The Get Rich Quick Syndrome In Nigeria / Why Nigerians Should Embrace Snake Rearing - Abubakar Ballah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.