Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Masters In Law Before Law School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Masters In Law Before Law School (564 Views)

Mekowulu Precious Chibuzor Had First Class In Law School / Ogedegbe Destiny Osayi, UNIBEN Law Graduate Bags First Class In Law School / UNN, UNILAG & OAU Are The Best In Law School Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masters In Law Before Law School by jemsi(f): 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2017
Goodevening everyone. Please I need opinion and advice on an issue. I am graduating from the university this month, and I am supposed to go to law school by october this year. In my heart, I want to have my masters first before proceeding to law school(outside the country. So it wil just be for a year). This is because practicing law is really not the first thing on my mind for now. I just want to ask. Please is this a very good idea? Also my dad seems to prefer me going to law school before getting my masters. Please I need reasons I can use to convince him to allow me get my masters first. Thank you all. I will be reading
Re: Masters In Law Before Law School by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2017
I suggest you go to Law school first before Masters

You asked for my opinion

I gave my opinion.
Re: Masters In Law Before Law School by speedyconnect3: 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
jemsi:
Goodevening everyone. Please I need opinion and advice on an issue. I am graduating from the university this month, and I am supposed to go to law school by october this year. In my heart, I want to have my masters first before proceeding to law school(outside the country. So it will just be for a year). This is because practicing law is really not the first thing on my mind for now. I just want to ask. Please is this a very good idea? Also my dad seems to prefer me going to law school before getting my masters. Please I need reasons I can use to convince him to allow me get my masters first. Thank you all. I will be reading
You didn't say why you feel getting a masters first is better.
I advise that you go to law school first. Its just less than a year. Masters may even be more than a year.

Again, I feel you may fare better in Law school if you go immediately upon graduating because some thing like corporate law will still be fresh.

Furthermore, it seems you just posted this. Guess you typed around August last year in which case stuffs have been overtaken by events.
Re: Masters In Law Before Law School by 190theclown: 10:40am On Jun 22, 2018
jemsi:
Goodevening everyone. Please I need opinion and advice on an issue. I am graduating from the university this month, and I am supposed to go to law school by october this year. In my heart, I want to have my masters first before proceeding to law school(outside the country. So it wil just be for a year). This is because practicing law is really not the first thing on my mind for now. I just want to ask. Please is this a very good idea? Also my dad seems to prefer me going to law school before getting my masters. Please I need reasons I can use to convince him to allow me get my masters first. Thank you all. I will be reading

where are you doing your masters undecided

(1) (Reply)

How To Balance Chemical Equations By Algebraic And Inspection Method / FUTO Direct Entry Aspirants 2017. Lets Get Talking / Harvard University 2017 MBA Scholarship [ How To Apply]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.