Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo (701298 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Tehmietee(f): 9:49pm On Feb 09, 2017
Job well done. Gr8 end. May He continue to increase u

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by CDCEO001: 5:24am On Feb 10, 2017
Thank you for the wonderful story! Thanks for ending it when you did, before we start to forget the beginning.
I was hoping that paul and lizzy will be in the last episode.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Gentlevin: 10:44am On Feb 10, 2017
So this interesting story finally ends. @Racheal, i salute ur zeal in this story. keep up d good work. Just as d story has finished so also d sharing of POPCORN has ended.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by marve20: 11:01am On Feb 10, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]nice story u just finish waiting patient for new story

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by mjay05(m): 11:56am On Feb 10, 2017
Weldone ma, nice story, learnt so many things from the story.. I pray for more wisdom for you..

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by siralabai(m): 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
rachealfst:
Roll Calls:

Pls signify by raising your hand as I call your names.lol

It's been long I heard from you guys even my PA

wizsolzy, Maryclaire, babyface224, olatex25, twinkiet, Tuhndhay, siralabai, swanky47, Toluwaase, sirblero, izito, Shakyroh320, Missmossy, Gentlevin, itzfresh, ROYH, chichichilolo1, teel123, CDCE0001

Present ma!!! *Prostrates* Sorry I'm late, na traffic cause am, as I come comot for traffic, na im nairaland no gree me sign in o. Anyway which is Noway by the way, You've got a very nice story here, I've been following for quite some time in ghost mode. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by mayree2t9(f): 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lovely ending...beautiful story,awesome writer.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Johnsown1(m): 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
rachealfst:
Let me mention some of my people

babyface224, Owojuyi, alatbaba1, arewami, Hikmaking, brohimot, Feyikemi12, Countrygirl, Itzfresh, cubby4, SurestG, mofy1, Dariye, Joetti, Musampa73, Johnsonibx, manuel80, abayole, priestcharm, izito, Pretty hurts, chaffman, gbemisawlar.

I'm sorry if I did not mention you.... human error.
Thank you all for following. God bless, good night.

Lol, so am not ur people
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by StephanieElla24: 6:30pm On Feb 10, 2017
1daful story kudos to you......

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by arewami17(f): 8:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
Good write-ups. Weldone madam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 10, 2017
Rachaelfst, you are inspiring. I read ur quotes in the epilogue and i can boldly say it is motiviting and full of words of wisdom. I can definitely say we can count on you. Your story is exemplum and interesting. Please, prepare another one for us very soon. Thank you

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by alarmednigerian: 12:27am On Feb 11, 2017
Just stumbled on dis story yeasterday and loved it my only critique is this. As an author, u are meanf to describe experiences well like the joy, hesrtbreak even wedding gown, the mansion etc. Some of us have only travelled anf experienced some things thru books; that is the beauty of a novel.
Please mention me wen u start ur next story

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by kajsa08: 12:56am On Feb 11, 2017
embarassed i actually shed tears on reading d last episode. @rachaelfst, thank you. shallom!!!

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by totalhouse(m): 7:49am On Feb 11, 2017
Ty you no mention me since... I dey follow you bumper to fender...

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Hundreddegrees(m): 8:00am On Feb 11, 2017
Following

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:08am On Feb 11, 2017
Story seemed too straightforward for me... Twists r needed to spice t up bikonu, edakun

Keep up d good work ma...

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by ouzo1(m): 8:09am On Feb 11, 2017
rachealfst:
ouzo, iwakacome, bishop73, billynoni, bibline, otunlexy, yelacious, boriowoope, bossy512, Toyibtaw, chiboskyrafaela, oomiyale, omoleus, bisoyeadegoke, Martins, henrieternal2016

I don show oya make una shift,the space na for smellymouth ooo...rachealfst I d ur back

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by tmgold007(f): 8:21am On Feb 11, 2017
ouzo1:

I don show oya make una shift,the space na for smellymouth ooo...rachealfst I d ur back
rachealfst:
I'd like to chirp in one or two things before I post the next episode, you are free to contribute as well. Thanks

Dedication:
Atayis, nikz, sulaimanabolanl, queenitee(Thanks for your wonderful contributions)

And to everyone who comments on this thread, thank you all.

Excerpt from Episode 7&8(Case Study:Pamilerin)
To all the Ladies in the house.

If you are been abuse either physically or emotionally, please don’t patch things up, don’t make excuses for him or even defend his actions.

If you are in any abusive relationships, please get out of that relationship.
You know you are not the only one he’s dating and you still held on to the relationship or you caught your boyfriend/fiancé in the act but you decided to let it go because he apologized.
I think it’s time we stop this crazy things we do for love.

Do you think if you leave him, you won’t get someone else? Hell No!
Don’t say he will change, you can’t change a guy who is not willing to change.

Atayis pointed out something in his comment. “If a guy fool you once, he is a fool. But if he fools you twice then you are the biggest fool”

nikz says"We make unfavourable plans for ourselves while God is busy thinking and planning good for us" Yes! God's ways are not our ways neither His thoughts our thoughts.

queenitee says" It's not easy to leave but its better to leave a relationship that gives you pain and sadness"

The question some people ask themselves is.."if I leave, where will I start from" Forgetting that when a door closes another opens.

Relationship is not a do or die affair. You deserve to be happy in any relationship you find yourself in.

If he doesn’t treat you like a lady while you are dating, then don’t expect him to treat you like a queen when you are married ( that’s if he even end up marrying you)

Don’t give your love to someone who doesn’t deserve you.
Make sure you love yourself, if you love yourself, you won’t allow a guy treat you like a door mat.

Babsopey's signature says “To whom head is given, Brain is expected and to whom Brain is given, Sense is expected.

Lastly the Bible says “ Wisdom is the principal thing, therefore Get Wisdom and in all thy getting get Understanding.
Proverbs 4:7

Shallom!

Meeeehnnn okunrin olorun ooooo......no heaVen for guys...i dont blame the lesbians na guys hand work push dem into it.......trust me av been there i know what am talking about

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 11, 2017
@rachaelfst we made FP.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by tmgold007(f): 9:53am On Feb 11, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:
wow wow wow....ma'am u're a great writer....i tot d story was gonna start with a guy calling her number instead of anada bt dis pretty talented writer in d person of rachealfst jxt prepped us up with daniellas past love story....and i like dat

thumbs up ma'am

abeg do me a favour make dat her ex-boyfriend suffer die....u fit even give am small ebola i wont mind

anyhow sha I FOLLOW STILL grin
I agree with u...ur on point make her ex get lasa fever or zika virus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by Musampa73(m): 10:26am On Feb 11, 2017
rachealfst:
Let me mention some of my people

babyface224, Owojuyi, alatbaba1, arewami, Hikmaking, brohimot, Feyikemi12, Countrygirl, Itzfresh, cubby4, SurestG, mofy1, Dariye, Joetti, Musampa73, Johnsonibx, manuel80, abayole, priestcharm, izito, Pretty hurts, chaffman, gbemisawlar.

I'm sorry if I did not mention you.... human error.
Thank you all for following. God bless, good night.

Thank you very much for the mention dear. I'm sorry I came late Glo network really sucked in my area for the past 5days so I gat to port to zain. I really enjoy this write up and I feel like u shudnt end it here but not the same you are highly gbasky rachealfst. BTW enjoy this token

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by pablobellins(m): 10:30am On Feb 11, 2017
rachealfst:

Wrong Number - Episode 3

“Tunde I’m two weeks late, I’m scared” I informed him.

“Pamilerin you can't be pregnant, we always use protection except for few times that we got carried away”

“Those few times are enough to get me pregnant”

“I think you should get tested first before jumping into conclusion” he said

“I will get a pregnancy test strip from the pharmacy on my way back from school” I said as I dress up preparing for lectures.

Later in the day, we both came back from school, and I prepared dinner and dished it into a breakable plate. We do eat together.

“Babe you are not eating, you are just staring at the food” he said looking directly into my eyes.

“How will I eat, I’ve bought the pregnancy test strip and I don’t know what the result will say. I’m seriously scared”

“Just calm down, let’s see the result first”

“Tunde what if I’m pregnant?”

“When will you have the test?” he asked

“First thing tomorrow morning”

“Just calm down”

“You are just saying I should calm down, you are a man it won’t affect you”

“You think it won’t affect me? Let’s just wait till tomorrow, now eat your food”

“I've lost myappetite” I stood up and sat on the bed.

“You know starving yourself won’t solve the problem. I’ll cover the food, you can eat when you regain your appetite”

I lay on the bed to sleep but I couldn’t sleep all through the night. I thought of my life and my future. I came from a godly home where my parents did their best in raising godly children. But see what love made me do.

I know it everyday that what I’m doing was wrong, it’s against my belief. I never intended to have sex in my relationship not to talk of been a live in girlfriend.

I did all this for the sake of love, the pressure was much from Tunde that I had to succumb. Fine staying together makes us bond well but I wonder what we stand to gain aside from the bonding and regular sex but see where it landed me.

I’m pregnant I’m very sure of that, I’ve never been this late since I started menstruating, worst is between two or three days, then I’ll see my period" I thought.

While I was still thinking about the mess I got myself into, I felt his hand on my body because I was backing him so I didn’t see him, he was trying to get me aroused.

“Tunde take your hands off me this minute” I said angrily.

“Babe I’m just trying to help ease your worries”

“By having sex with me? I doubt if you are bothered a bit”

“Off course I am, I just want to….

“Do you even love me, because if you do you won’t be thinking about sex right now”

“I cant believe you just said that, you know I love you"

“Which I’m beginning to doubt, just let me be, pleaseeee”

“I’m very sorry my love, I thought it will help. Stop giving yourself headache we are not even sure yet”

“I get it, it’s my body not yours and I know if something it’s not right”
I took one of the pillows, stood up from the bed and lie on the rug.

“Please come back to bed Pamilerin, I won’t touch you” he pleaded.

I pretended as if I did not hear him. I just lay there on the rug thinking about what the test result will be.

This was the same scenario with my girlfriend and I 2yrs back.... she carried out the test first thing the next day and turns out +ve..

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by bimberry1307(f): 10:32am On Feb 11, 2017
rachealfst, please accept my small yansh. can't believe I read this story all night long! you are simply the bomb. ;Drachealfst, please accept my small yansh. can't believe I read this story all night long! you are simply the bomb.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by sashishalom(f): 10:49am On Feb 11, 2017
Wow...nice story..more grace..

Daniella daughter is my name sake while daniel sister is my sisters name sake...lol

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by pablobellins(m): 11:02am On Feb 11, 2017
rachealfst:
Dedication:

sulaimanabolanl, harameede99, oluwatymylehyn, ikombe, OluwabuqqyYOLA, Atayis, queenitee, Perfectionist11

Wrong Number- Episode 7

After youth service I tried so hard to get a job but to no avail, then I resolved to teaching.

I got a teaching job in a private secondary school in Lagos where I was been paid #20,000 has salary. Luckily for me I had some students I coach privately.
The school is trekable from my house, so I don’t get to use up all my salary on transport. Also because I stay with my parent, my feeding too was covered.

Tunde got a job in a private firm where he’s been paid #40,000 monthly salary. We still both search for better offer by applying for jobs online, with the hope of getting a bigger paying job. We plan to settle down when we get a better offer.

All of a sudden, I noticed Tunde stopped calling, unlike before when he calls at least twice a day.

I now do the calling, he act so cold on phone. I ask him what the problem was and he said it’s work, that he use to come back late and tired and just go straight to bed.

I was worried sick, wandering what was going on because the Tunde I use to know won’t go to bed without saying good night to me.

My house is very far from his, so I can only go to his place on weekends. I called one of the weekends to inform him that I’m coming and he said he now goes to work on Saturdays.

Some weeks later, I got a call from him, I was surprised. “Tunde remembered me today. Maybe he has realized his mistakes” I thought. So I picked the call.

Hello”

"Hello, how are you?”

“I’m good” I replied

Babe! see I’m sorry for this past days have been very busy, work is hectic and I just hope you understand”

“I don’t understand, Tunde you are not the only one working, why you allow your so called work to get in the way of our relationship is what I don’t get” I stated.

“See I’m very sorry….

“Tunde hear yourself, so you are so busy that you can’t make a 30secs call, I’m not even asking you to call but at least you should pick mine if you can’t make the call”

“Pamilerin I know I’ve taken it too far but I promise to make it up to you” he pleaded.

I couldn’t believe my ears, so he could apologize to me. “ its OK, just promise you’ll always find time for us, even in your busy schedules.

“I promise babe, are we good now”

“Yes we are” I smiled. At last he has come back to his senses.

“Can you come over on Saturday, I’ve missed you”

“Are you not going to work?”

“No, I’m free this Saturday”

He’s sudden change of attitude still baffles me, is he playing pranks on me or something?” I wondered.

“Hello, are you still there” his voice brought me out of reverie.

“I’m here, I’ll come on Saturday”

“Good, that’s my girl. See you on Saturday then. I love you

He has hurt my feeling repeatedly, that I can’t even tell if I still love him or not.

“I love you too”I replied

I was at his place on Saturday. I cooked for him, he ate. After eating, he started making sexual advances at me.

“Tunde! I’m not here for this, what we need now is not se.x. I think we should talk”

“Talk about what again”

“Tunde what do you take me for, a door mat?”

“Where is that coming from now”

“We are drifting apart,I don’t know if you feel what I’m feeling”

“See there’s nothing to talk about we are fine”
Before I could say jack, he was all over me. At first I did not respond, How will I sleep with someone who doesn’t treat me right or make me happy.

He stopped when he noticed my coldness towards him.

“Everything will be fine now I promise” he assured me.

“Tunde….

“Babe I love you, I miss you” he said kissing every part of my body.

I gave in, maybe he meant every word he altered.

Tunde practiced all kinds of stunts on me. I’m very sure he’s been seeing adult films lately, because those moves are out of this world. He made me do all manner of dirty things I can’t start talking about.

After he had satisfied himself, he fell on his bed and slept off.
I cried as I watched him sleep, I felt dirty, I felt like trash. My whole body was aching.

I woke him up when I was ready to leave.

“Tunde! I’m leaving” I tapped him

“OK, you can leave I’ll give you a call”

I couldn’t believe my ears, even a prostitute doesn’t deserve this kind of treatment.

“I said I’m leaving, won’t you see me off?” I said angrily.

“See, babe I’m tired, please let me be, it’s that too much to ask” he barked at me.

“Fine! Go ahead and sleep, honestly I can’t blame you, I’m the one who played the fool” I said and stormed out of his apartment.

GOOD MORNING
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK AHEAD.
Look, I just think this update might affect the way girls see sincere guys... it's true anyone cud change.. Buh not this rapid(something has to instigate a rapid change) Good story tho..

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 11:47am On Feb 11, 2017
I hate reading but I had to read this...thank God I saw this post on a lazy Saturday morning.

Lovely right up...and I love the dynamics...

It has a happy ending just that it doesn't always have happy ending in real life.

Great write up.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by mercyymai(f): 11:48am On Feb 11, 2017
Oh my God! I love this story. More ink to ur pen sis.

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by olasmiles: 12:53pm On Feb 11, 2017
Very interesting with great lessons

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by arewami17(f): 1:07pm On Feb 11, 2017
Finally this story catch front page cool cool

1 Like

Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 1:13pm On Feb 11, 2017
DoctorStrange:
@rachaelfst we made FP.
Again! Thanks for the info dear. Seriously, I'm very happy.
@All the readers, Welcome on board and thanks so much for following. God bless you all. Have a great weekend.

Thank you all for your mind blowing comments, I'm humbled. Thank you!!!

@Adesina12 we need lots of popcorn and wine here to welcome our new friends.

God bless Nairaland!
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2017
arewami17:
Finally this story catch front page cool cool
Thanks sis....God bless you for me. Happy weekend.
Re: WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo by ChommyforGod(f): 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2017
Such an inspiring story..DESTINY CAN BE DELAYED BUT CANNOT BE DENIED..Lesson: when a man or a woman leaves you,,he/she does dat so dat u can meet with the perfect person God has destined u to be with. Never let the sorrows of ur past elude you,,Dust out ur mistakes,,forget everything dat has happened..always be happy n ur star will come bk shinning at you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (79) (Reply)

My Husband......... / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.