Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Should I Tell Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Tell Him? (778 Views)

My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / How Do I Tell Him That The Woman He Married Is A Marine Spirit? / Caught A Fellow Nigerian Woman Cheating On Her Husband . Can I Tell Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Tell Him? by princekevo(m): 12:37pm On Nov 22, 2009
On a staurday Night i met my friend's wife coming out of a hotel with another man. The closeness between them was so deep that i decided to hide myself from her seeing me, but was too late as both eyes jst came in contact. We both were forced to wave each other at distance.

In less than an hr i got a call from her pleading is should not let her hubby know abt this, as he was out of town on a business trip. Infact she was weeping over the phone telling me how much he love the husband, her family and her kids and telling her husband abt this is definitely the end of her marriage. I demanded the truth from her, coz that is the only way i could help her out. She goes on telling me that she has been having this affairs  for over a year now with the younger guy. Her reasons being that the hubby is always away from home on a business, and her kids studying in a far place can only be home few times. As such she jst discovered this as a remedy for her loneliness.

I have been a closed friend  to  this family for almost 3yrs now. Even until this incidence happened  few weeks back, they seems to me as the happiest and perfect couples, family on earth, with 2 adorable kids full of love. In fact most of the times i have wished and pray that some day God should give me such a happy family and a woman like her as a wife.   

I know the husband very well and a very good friend of mine, telling him this means an end to such a great family and an end to their happy marriage. Hidding this from him, also, to me seems to be a betrayal to someone i called my best friend. It hurts my feeling each time the wife tells him how much she loves him in my presence since this incidence happened. I always ask myself can this love be real?
So please i need some advice from matured minds on what to do in such a dilemmatic situation.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by posakosa(m): 2:06pm On Nov 22, 2009
Hope this is not Nollywood---- But don't contact the husband if you don't have full proof of what the woman is doing--- you need pictures or a video if you want to report her.

If you report her with no proof, you might get yourself in some trouble <as you will be seen as a marriage breaker>
Re: Should I Tell Him? by Charchar(f): 3:35pm On Nov 22, 2009
Wow that is a terrible place to be. I am not from that part of the world and know thing are delt with differently. It is a rough spot to be in , if she lies about it all and the husband believes her over you it means the end of your friendship. I know people cheat both men and women over missing things in thier relationship. Her love for him must not be that strong. But when you get involved you not only destroy their marraige but that of the kids too. I am sorry I can't help with that it is a bad situation to be in you may lose either way. Leave their marraige to God he will settle it in the end.

Good luck
Re: Should I Tell Him? by coolier(f): 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2009
Turn a blind eye. It's your word against hers! And this is a serious matter, no woman would sit by and watch her world come crumbling at her feet. If you're not careful she might turn the table against you.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by iice(f): 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2009
Remedy for loneliness? undecided

You need proof.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by sofadj(m): 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2009
DONT TELL HIM O, at least not until u gat some proof
Re: Should I Tell Him? by vanitty: 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2009
Proof or no proof, mind your business, him having as you put it "a great family and happy marriage" is far more important than any friendship you might have with him.
Why the sudden need to tell anyway? when your friends cheat, do you run along and tell the wife? so the shoe is on the other foot and you suddenly feeling guilty. right!
Re: Should I Tell Him? by OAM4J: 12:34am On Nov 23, 2009
Pls let them be. If anything let the husband finds out himself. All you can do is to discourage her from doing it again.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by princekevo(m): 6:02am On Nov 23, 2009
posakosa:

Hope this is not Nollywood---- But don't contact the husband if you don't have full proof of what the woman is doing--- you need pictures or a video if you want to report her.

If you report her with no proof, you might get yourself in some trouble <as you will be seen as a marriage breaker>
My guy i dont watch Nollywood movies, this is an issue that happened exactly 3weeks and 2days ago.

coolier:

Turn a blind eye. It's your word against hers! And this is a serious matter, no woman would sit by and watch her world come crumbling at her feet. If you're not careful she might turn the table against you.

That is why i wanted to hide myself when i saw them in the first place, coz i did'nt wanna get involved in this. Will i say unluckily for me was too late for that. I was full of shock coz i repect this woman so much and what they have as a family.
iice:

Remedy for loneliness? undecided

You need proof.

Oh seems i have enough proof, coz our conversation was fully recorded on my phone. To me i think that is all the evidence i need that is why i demanded the truth from her .
OAM4J:

Pls let them be. If anything let the husband finds out himself. All you can do is to discourage her from doing it again.
Infact that was what i thought too, coz already i made her known that i have our conversation recorded on my phone and i  will only promise not to tell her hubby abt the incidence , but i will not delete the conversation until am satisfied that she has nothing to do with the guy anymore. She promised to do anything jst to save the marriage. But my fear still remain, will she stick to her promise and stop? What if she did not stop and the husband finds out abt that someday and about me being aware of it for a long time? That is yet my little fear though.

vanitty:

Why the sudden need to tell anyway? when your friends cheat, do you run along and tell the wife? so the shoe is on the other foot and you suddenly feeling guilty. right!
1. he is a best fren of which i wouldnt betray him so i must do something when i see danger aproaching to distroy his mariage.
2. I dont know abt him cheating or not, but for the few times we have travelled together for business, though we might go out to the bars for a drink he never one day picked a lady in my presence.
So if he does that when he travels alone i dont know, i still gave him that benefits of doubts.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by Fhemmmy: 6:31am On Nov 23, 2009
Contact the husband and they will discuss you while they are making love.
BTW, have u ever thot of how the woman could frame u that you wanna sleep with her and she never allowed you and that was why you wanna mess her her up with her husband?
Re: Should I Tell Him? by tRoOE(f): 7:41am On Nov 23, 2009
Solo makinade wetin concern
Stay out of people matrimonial problems
People marriages ve been destroyed back peeps like u angry

Let d man catch his wife by himself, like d saying goes "Everyday is 4 d thief but a day is 4 d owner"
Sooner or later, she's gonna get caught
Re: Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 23, 2009
Tell him and shame the woman.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by princekevo(m): 10:15am On Nov 23, 2009
tRoOE:

People marriages ve been destroyed back peeps like u angry
What is your meaning of this comment? You dont know me before neither can you determine my sense of judgement.
If i have the intention of distroying the mariage i have all the evidence is need to do that ,and i wouldnt advice or encourage the woman to stop her immoral acts.
But am not stupid, i want to save her mariage and family which i cherish much in as much i dont want my fren get hurt someday or betrayed. That is what friendship is all about. If she was your friend and you did nothing, waiting the day the husband will catch her red handed then you are not a good friend.
So next time please mind your comments to people you barely know. Anyways that is jst an advice.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 23, 2009
Dont tell him . . just warn her to end it. Keep an eye on her and if she dosen't . . then you can tell him!
Re: Should I Tell Him? by princekevo(m): 11:14am On Nov 23, 2009
Ujujoan:

Dont tell him . . just warn her to end it. Keep an eye on her and if she dosen't . . then you can tell him!
Thanks for your great idea, was thinking towards that too.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by iice(f): 12:19pm On Nov 23, 2009
Well you already warned her. That's a step. Hopefully she heeds the warning.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by Damoche10: 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2009
strolls in and out
Re: Should I Tell Him? by Charchar(f): 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2009
You know what, you best not say anything cause it will come back on you anyways. It's been how long and you knew? Now it will be you knew all this time and didn't tell me? Best leave it alone. You even have it recorded that's worse, he will be pssed with you no matter how thing turn out. If ya were gonna tell you should have told him right away v
Re: Should I Tell Him? by pek(m): 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2009
no matter what dont tell him. silence in this case, is golden. dont be the one that will destroy the "happy" marriage.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by Fhemmmy: 5:01pm On Nov 23, 2009
^^^ True dat and Lol at the "Happy" home.
Re: Should I Tell Him? by foyeks2001(f): 9:01am On Nov 25, 2009
dont tell him, pls just leave them alone, definately the man will finds out himself sumday

(1) (Reply)

Ladies How Did(do) You Know He's The One After Letting Go Of Other Good Men? / Dad's Renting Late Uncle's House / Woman Gives Birth To Snake In Umuahia!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.