Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,518 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji (14561 Views)

10MW Tiga, Kano Hydro Switchyard In Progress. Pix / Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria / Expect Improved Power Supply In 2017 – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by Israeljones(m): 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
davidokenwa:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ...... e pain am well well.
Bros.
You cant imagine how deep this thing dey pain me oo..
they kip givn some part of Nigeria light and majority cant even boast of stable power for 30mins..
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by gozzlin: 2:15pm On Jan 06, 2017
I've not noticed any improvement in public power supply. No electricity in my area now for close to two days. Relying on generator.
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by Skelewu: 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
ritababe:

I don't know about you but as for me I have 22 hours power supply since November

Riri baby, where do you live? cheesy
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by ritababe(f): 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
idupaul:

Did you even comprehend the article you selfish being

so for saying the truth now am selfish? thank you.
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by rhektor(m): 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2017
ritababe:

I don't know about you but as for me I have 22 hours power supply since November

Bae, where do you live? Abeg make I pack my load come ya house
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by idupaul: 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
ritababe:

so for saying the truth now am selfish? thank you.

Haba not exactly
.take it easy
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by deomelo: 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
OP, you mean we didn't have hydro power plants and rain didn't fall before and during 16 years of PDP?

You people and your sad jokes...

1 Like

Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by Emassive(m): 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
Well... My house in Ibadan improved when I got back from the Holiday but it's back to normal. The Industries here take all the distributions in most areas of town. The truth there can never be improvement on news paper. The Cabals pay huge sums to keep the Generation at bay
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by tit(f): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2017
You use the little water to produce electrcity on December when factories are shut down, then in March when industries want to produce, you dont h $ve water to gii them power!
This dr joy, you be mumu so?
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by Chukazu: 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
does our power generation ever go beyond 4000MW, without fluctuating back to "the Dead Sea?"

we keep going back and forth, the only option is to make it a law that no government officials be allowed to use Generator or any alternative power supply.. let's suffer and quench together
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by intruder15(m): 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2017
rhektor:
. ...

Improvements where? What has this one smoked?

talk for ur area. it has improved a lot in mine since 23rd December

1 Like

Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by prince9851(m): 4:17pm On Jan 06, 2017
ritababe:

where do u stay??
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by rhektor(m): 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
intruder15:

talk for ur area. it has improved a lot in mine since 23rd December

In your own opinion your area means Nigeria SMH @ ur ignorance
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by intruder15(m): 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
rhektor:

In your own opinion your area means Nigeria SMH @ ur ignorance

if u read d post, u will see the state they referred to was Lagos. d area am referring to is surulere and mushin axis of Lagos. so, what are u saying? cuz am not understanding
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by rhektor(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
intruder15:

if u read d post, u will see the state they referred to was Lagos. d area am referring to is surulere and mushin axis of Lagos. so, what are u saying? cuz am not understanding

LMAO, suddenly your investigation ends in surulere and Lekki alone?
Issokai kontinue
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by ayindejimmy(m): 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
Which power improve...?
We got 5 hours a week at ijegun. I've seen far better days
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by Codes151(m): 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
Which improvement?
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by Remii(m): 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
ayindejimmy:
Which power improve...?

We got 5 hours a week at ijegun. I've seen far better days

We get average 18 hrs / day in Lekki axis, we pay R4 tarriff

1 Like

Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by plamonee: 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2017
All this issues will still come down to low tariffs! The need to increase tariff. As if that is the solution. This private operation of the gencos and the discos is suffering from lack of funding. They don't want to make more investment in the sector. And to a great extent I blame the discos. There was a report that they are turning down power for fear of payment to the gencos. The discos are still struggling with a reliable way to bill, distribute and collect bill payment. They should have distributed metres or reduce the price to encourage people to buy. People aren't seeing light and you are billing them on estimated bills is fraudulent. They react by refusing to pay. Since they need the light they will collude with your already disgruntled workers to collect tips and life goes on. Light will have issues for many months they won't fix it unless individuals gather and contributes sometimes in millions to rectify it and they will come to collect bills payment. what happened to the individuals contributions to fix the faults? Since is no longer owned by the government but individuals they should capitalize the amount and deduct it accordingly from bills. The sector should be more standardized like the Telecom sector to encourage all stakeholders.
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by akindavids(m): 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2017
seguno2:

I thought that Fashola said 24/7 electricity was not rocket science?
Anyway thanks to the supermods for bringing serious, informative threads to the front page. Keep it up oh.

it is surely not rocket science, all we need is to make the resources available

1 Like

Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by seguno2: 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2017
akindavids:
it is surely not rocket science, all we need is to make the resources available

That reads like an excuse.
After two years we should be getting progress report with timelines for remaining issues not excuses.
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by slimfit1(m): 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
idupaul:
Fashola and cosmetic propaganda, that means I am 3 weeks the dams would be empty and power would return to zero while it would take longer for it to build back to harnessable capacity when the rain comes . What is stopping Fashola from adding new sources to the grid

I agree with you. We don't even have to have huge power mega what ever every little helps. I can remember a small rIver that pass through my backyard always running can't even find the source but it is still flowing. That can help a street hospital or something reducing pressure on the national grid.

2 Likes

Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by Jamzig1(m): 11:07pm On Jan 06, 2017
In my opinion, one of the ways of fulfilling our Energy needs is for Government to assist Private Companies in developing renewable energy for Micro-grids...
A good example is a Solar Micro-Grid..
This can help in distributing power to remote area where there is no connection to the National grid. It would also help boost production by a reasonable MW
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by waldigit: 3:23am On Jan 07, 2017
dabossman:
I dey come comment.

Yes, I'm back. So let me get this straight. Are these GENCO's not private companies who were giving licences to generate power? Now, this N460 billion debt owed to gas companies, was it incurred by the GENCO's or did they inherit it from the government when the sector was unbundled some 2-3 years ago? We need answers to this questions. If some of these so called GENCO's are not capable of doing the business they signed up for, they might as well pack up and go, and their licenses be rescinded. And the same goes for the DISCO's too.

As for the government, they need to bring in real power sector players into this industry,not all these charlatans that are only out to exploit Nigerians. And they must also create a more conducive environment for these GENCO's and DISCO's to flourish. Wecan't continue with this one step forward, two steps back madness.

For those blaming Fashola, sorry but your Minister of Power is a lame duck who can only regulate the sector,formulate policies and issue out licenses to private sector players. The only part of the power supply chain under his ministry is the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN). In other words, he can only transmit what is generated by the private GENCO's. I doubt that he can generate 1MW on his own without private sector participation. A review of the whole sector is needed.

With God we shall defeat principalities and powers of darkness in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by akindavids(m): 9:18am On Jan 07, 2017
seguno2:

That reads like an excuse.
After two years we should be getting progress report with timelines for remaining issues not excuses.

but I'm sure we all are aware of the economy situation of this nation... lets hope we'll get out of recession this year...
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by seguno2: 9:56am On Jan 07, 2017
akindavids:
but I'm sure we all are aware of the economy situation of this nation... lets hope we'll get out of recession this year...

Yet another excuse.
Recession has nothing to do with it.
Such gigantic projects that are FURTHER needed are financed with loans to the investors whom Jonathan already set up in the DISCOS and GENCOS.
Buhari and Fashola do not understand what is needed hence their FAILURE and excuses.
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by seguno2: 9:58am On Jan 07, 2017
waldigit:
With God we shall defeat principalities and powers of darkness in Nigeria

I am sure that you can show us from the history of our oyinbo masters, where God came down to help them "defeat principalities and powers of darkness". Not so?
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by seguno2: 10:02am On Jan 07, 2017
Jamzig1:
In my opinion, one of the ways of fulfilling our Energy needs is for Government to assist Private Companies in developing renewable energy for Micro-grids...
A good example is a Solar Micro-Grid..
This can help in distributing power to remote area where there is no connection to the National grid. It would also help boost production by a reasonable MW

Private citizens and companies already have generators aka micro-grids. Many estates in Lekki are switching residents to such micro-grids.
However we lose the many advantages of economies of scale related to having mega power plants and transmission lines.
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by Topshow2010(m): 10:11am On Jan 07, 2017
Until d government do away wit d archaic and retrogressive acts of connecting generated power to d national grid not minding d location of where its being generate,d shenanigans wud stil continue.Let dis govt repeal d obnoxoous laws thru d NASS and facilitate d construction of IPP by states and independent firms in order to sell electricity to their ppl rather d feeding d so called national grid.
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by waldigit: 10:39am On Jan 07, 2017
seguno2:

I am sure that you can show us from the history of our oyinbo masters, where God came down to help them "defeat principalities and powers of darkness". Not so?

Bros it's like we will need divine intervention in this our own case o
Re: Hydro Plants Responsible For Improved Power Supply - Dr Joy Ogaji by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 07, 2017
idupaul:

The facts remains that Fashola has not added a single MW to the grid since he came ..now go Bleep yourself
I know Nigeria had a capacity of 5000megawatts, b4 1999. So how many megawatt did PDP add for the 16yrs they were in power.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo / The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) / Malabu Scandal: AGF Writes Buhari, Wants Trial Of Adoke, Diezani, Others Stopped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.