Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting: Multiple People Killed, Suspect In Custody - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting: Multiple People Killed, Suspect In Custody (538 Views)

Multiple People Dead In Canada Shooting Rampage (Photos) / Drug Suspect In U.S Jumps Into Ocean To Evade Police, Swims Near Huge Shark / Photos Of The Lady Suspect In The Murder Of The Jumia Delivery Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting: Multiple People Killed, Suspect In Custody by Ademoore07(m): 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
Fort Lauderdale airport shooting: Multiple people killed, suspect in custody

Multiple people were killed in a shooting Friday at the Fort Lauderdale airport, the Broward County Sheriff's Office said on Twitter.
The gunman is in custody and was a lone shooter, Broward County Mayor Barbara Sharief told CNN on Friday.

"We have no evidence at this time that he was acting with anyone else. He is currently in custody and we're investigating," Sharief said. Investigators are looking into the suspect's motive, she said.
At least nine people were injured in a shooting at the Fort Lauderdale airport on Friday, a US official familiar with the incident said. The shooter is in custody, according to the official.
Parts of the airport were apparently evacuated. Aerial footage from CNN affiliates showed large groups of people standing outside on the tarmac.
Airport officials said on Twitter that there is an "ongoing incident" in the baggage claim area of Terminal 2.
Multiple reports on social media -- including tweets from former White House spokesman Ari Fleischer, described the shooting.

Gene Messina had just arrived in Fort Lauderdale on Delta Flight 2012 as people were being evacuated from the terminal.
"I got off the plane and I saw people running and screaming. At first I was in shock but when I saw TSA agents running, I booked," Messina told CNN over Instagram.
In November 2016, nearly 2.5 million travelers passed through Fort Lauderdale's airport, according to a government report on the facility.
There are four terminals at the airport.
Developing story - more to come
CNN's Amanda Wills and David Williams contributed to this report.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/06/us/fort-lauderdale-airport-incident/index.html

Cc: mynd44
OAM4J
Re: Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting: Multiple People Killed, Suspect In Custody by Afam4eva(m): 8:16pm On Jan 06, 2017
Na the kind thing wey dey tire me about America. Someone will just carry gun in public and open fire. He's not an armed robber, neither is he a kidnapper nor a higher killer. He's just screwed in the head.

1 Like

Re: Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting: Multiple People Killed, Suspect In Custody by Ademoore07(m): 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
Mod, move this to FP. Our securities here naija can't catch a thief in jus a week. The US had never learnt their lessons from the past. Gun running

(1) (Reply)

Comedy Skit :the Cheat House Wife (cele Comedy Episode 8) / Boyfriend Stabs Lover To Death, Buries Her In Shallow Grave / Obasanjo's Biographer Killed After Returning From 80th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.