Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,686 members, 7,865,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:17 AM

5 Tips And A Half For The Design Of Your Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Tips And A Half For The Design Of Your Blog (432 Views)

SEO Tips And Tricks For Small Businesses / 3 SEO Big Mistakes To Avoid When Creating The Design For Your New Website / My Personal Blog Is Gaining Traction, Should I Upgrade The Design Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips And A Half For The Design Of Your Blog by mouslat(m): 12:32am On Jan 07, 2017
To establish a simile we could compare having a blog like having our own house, we want to make it as beautiful as possible and that when the visitors arrive say "Wow! What an awesome house! " The rejection or acceptance effect at the first glance has a strong emphasis on web pages.

A content in collaboration with Ilusual .

Blogs design

There are many factors that will make your blog more or less attractive in terms of design, layout of text, a correct alternation of images, a logo, a color ... Let's see some simple things that will make our blog look best!

1. The header

Fashion

The header is one of the most important elements when it comes to dressing our site. Interpret as if they were the eyes of your blog, the first place where people who go in for the first time will watch and remember that first impressions are very important and even more on the internet. A good header can give a site a professional appearance, logically the content has to consolidate this possible first impression.

This is an example of my network blog engine. He made a designer of photoshop and at the moment seems to be quite enjoying it. We also have to bear in mind that according to the theme fits more style header or another .

For example engine issues much wear red and striking colors, style Motorpasion or Autobild . However, in related topics such as technology, headers tend to be more sober in terms of color and more use of minimalist logos.

2. Images within your content

Using quality images helps give your blog that visual sense of how important quality is. But ... ¿Google Images or Creative Commons? There is some controversy about this. I do not recommend using CC licensed images that can be found on sites like Flickr , The reason? The low quality of what they usually do.

On the other hand, if you take a picture of Google and do not sleep well because you think you have "stolen" do not worry much, it is a practice that every day thousands of websites continuously, moreover, it is very likely that the web you have borrowed the photograph in turn has taken another site that was not his. This gives you coverage, however if you want to go a step further also can cite the source of the photographs at the end of the article.

3. Side Sidebar
[img]http://www.writeontrack.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/sidebar-widgets.png[/img]
Sidebar

One of the most important elements in my opinion of a blog. The sidebar is that side column that you have next to your content where you put your widgets, profile information and stuff. Usually we tend to put information in the sidebar it does not add much value to the average user using it as a kind of bedside table , a place to organize or where to insert the publi Adsense or your last 10 entries (which already are in the Land Page normal!). However a sidebar can be such a good place to "sell" information as the homepage itself.

Ask yourself the following question Does my sidebar add value to my visits? I do not have it optimized in my blog but if you follow the blog regularly, you will find a surprise in my sidebar ...

4. A good favicon
[img]http://1.bp..com/_dDUHPa7QgaM/TD4Zy-IRPLI/AAAAAAAADyU/QgKt9qv9uZs/s320/Favicon+Add+on+Blogger+Blog.png[/img]
Favicon

A good favi ... what, the favicon is that little icon that appears in the upper tab of your web. It is an element that despite its tiny size transmits brand image. I am particularly fussy about the details and would always recommend having a favicon for our blog or website. Beauty is in the small details.

How do I install it? If you do not know programming you can use a plugin that works great, his name is cbnet Favicon and its configuration is as simple, you upload a photo, guards and ready. You already have your own favicon.

5. Your main menu bar
[img]http://4.bp..com/-s_RbrvRhYSk/UoMLuUNq1BI/AAAAAAAAC4s/abjiOGZIZsg/s1600/tooltip+effect.png[/img]
Optimized menu bar

I talked about this element already in this Post here. I think that along with the sidebar is the most important element of a blog. The structure "of the perfect blog" is the one that contributes:

Visual Value in the header
Situation and content value in the menu bar below the header
An extra value added in the sidebar. Give a course echo for you in Word about something you dominate or place in the top position of the column your 3 best post.

And the half advice I have left, would you give it to me? Leave a comment or share the article!

Article By Naijforum

All Image are copyright of their respective owner...they are used only for publication.

(1) (Reply)

Get A Classical Blog Site @ Cheaper Rate / 16 Things You Can Relate With If You Have Ever Tried To Be A Web Developer / Verification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.