Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,571 members, 7,955,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:16 PM

My Husband Is A Snake - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Husband Is A Snake (1691 Views)

See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area / Man Bites Snake To Death In Revenge For Biting Him / Shocker : A Snake With Three Heads - Pix Include (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Is A Snake by AloyEmeka6: 12:52am On Nov 23, 2009
‘My husband behind strange snake that bit me in bedroom’
By Anthony Okoro, CORRESPONDENT, Lagos

An unprecedented silence enveloped the Alimosho Grade ‘B’ Customary Court in Iyana Ipaja, a suburb of Lagos when a housewife recounted how a mysterious snake emerged in their bedroom and bit her on the leg.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/nov/21/406.html

The snake, according to her, suddenly disappeared and was later found under her pillow.

The woman, Ndidi Igwe, further shocked the court audience when she alleged that her husband, Sunday Igwe, knew something about the strange snake, even as she said her husband was not at home when the incident occurred.

Ndidi was testifying in a divorce suit she filed before the court against her husband.

The woman, who resides at 3, Adesina Street, Iju/Ishaga in Ifako/Ijaiye Local Government Area of Lagos State, told the court that it took the intervention of an Alfa (Islamic cleric) to neutralise the snake’s poison in her body.

“The snake was later found under my pillow before it was killed,” she said.

She claimed that she later approached a pastor, who told her that her husband knew everything about the spiritual attacks she was facing.

Ndidi also told the court that she was ready to severe the relationship between her and her husband so that she could live to tell her story.

The woman, who claimed that the relationship is blessed with only one child, alleged that her husband was too fetish, adding that for a long time she had been tormented spiritually by unseen powerful forces.

She further claimed to have been severally stoned by the unseen forces even in daylight and that she has kept some of the stones for people to see.

“On many occasions I realised that I was being stoned whenever I am busy washing cloths and I wouldn’t know where the stones were coming from. I once woke up one morning and discovered cuts on several parts of my body and my cloths were blood soaked. The scars are still on my body,” she added.

She explained that her relationship with Sunday had been dissolved traditionally from the day she returned the N8, 000 bride price he paid on her.

Ndidi, however, urged the court to formally dissolve the marriage and grant her custody of the only child of the marriage, who she alleged was forcefully taken from her two years ago by Sunday in their village.

Sunday, in his testimony, admitted that it was true that his wife went through spiritual torment, but denied responsibility of her ordeal.

He claimed that he had assisted Ndidi in finding solutions to her problem, but she deserted him during the period.

According to him, he had lost interest in his wife and her love has faded out of his heart.

The court president after listening to the testimonies of the estranged couple consequently adjourned the case for judgment.
Re: My Husband Is A Snake by mazaje(m): 12:59am On Nov 23, 2009
Is this news or urban legend? Why is a credible news site carrying this non story?
Re: My Husband Is A Snake by manmustwac(m): 1:08am On Nov 23, 2009
i think this topic is suited for the culture section

(1) (Reply)

3 Day Workshop On Electricity Business In Nigeria / Hey Usa Visa Lotery Result / REST IN PEACE! The Anyene Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.