Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,406 members, 7,812,200 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) (45569 Views)

"I Have Been Eating Plastic Rice For 2 Months; Be Careful" - Lady Cries Out / 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC / Tips On How To Identify Plastic Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 11:57am On Jan 08, 2017
Cooking the rice. Notice the thick layer

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by slysteel: 11:57am On Jan 08, 2017
melejo:
Op seriously I want to buy the so called plastic rice. Tell me where you bought it, I need large quantity. The fact is that I don't believe in all these plastic rice brouhaha. To be sincere plastic material of any form is much more costly than any rice you can think of. What's the benefit of using plastic material to produce fake rice that would definitely be sold cheaper intead of employing the same material for more economic venture. Please spare me all those thrash unless you are able to show me where I will get plastic rice in tones at an affordable price. There is what is called plastic pellet, people often visit where they are made and upload the videos on Facebook claiming they witness the making of plastic rice. Plastic pellets are just plastic materials made in pellets for the purpose of ease in packaging transportation from one place to another. As for the picture above, that can only be your remaining Christmas/new year rice but bloggers must chop na
Abeg help me tell this generation of dumbos,they have lost the ability to think properly.

5 Likes

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by murphyibiam15(m): 11:59am On Jan 08, 2017
Pidgin2:
Unknown to me, i cooked rice yesterday and discovered it was watery a few hours later, I had to throw it away, may God help
buy destoned Abakaliki or Anambra rice instead
very much more tasteful

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by 1kinggy(m): 11:59am On Jan 08, 2017
Please show us the whole bag si we can see the brand and other details.

Presently, na Ebonyi World Rice I dey chop. I cannot use my money to buy wetin go block my throat.
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 12:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
More

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by slysteel: 12:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
FILEBE:

Plastic rice as people call it, is said to be a synthetic rice made from Nylons and polythenes.
You don't even know what plastic rice is and you are describing it for people.

2 Likes

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by murphyibiam15(m): 12:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
innobets:
saw it first at anambra, for my granny burial. we were a victim of 6 bags of plastic rice
then go for Abakaliki rice since you were disappointed
Abakaliki rice no de disappoint

try abakaliki rice with ofeakwu and come back with testimony

grin grin
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
I am willing to give anybody in Ogun state. Sango area to be precise some cups. So you can all verify
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by 9icetoo(m): 12:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
melejo:
Op seriously I want to buy the so called plastic rice. Tell me where you bought it, I need large quantity. The fact is that I don't believe in all these plastic rice brouhaha. To be sincere plastic material of any form is much more costly than any rice you can think of. What's the benefit of using plastic material to produce fake rice that would definitely be sold cheaper intead of employing the same material for more economic venture. Please spare me all those thrash unless you are able to show me where I will get plastic rice in tones at an affordable price. There is what is called plastic pellet, people often visit where they are made and upload the videos on Facebook claiming they witness the making of plastic rice. Plastic pellets are just plastic materials made in pellets for the purpose of ease in packaging transportation from one place to another. As for the picture above, that can only be your remaining Christmas/new year rice but bloggers must chop na
your brain is in order. I tried to explain this tova colleague but he just couldn't get his head around it. itcwill cost a lot more to make plastic pellets to sell as rice.
Nigeria is truly doomed with the level of intelligence displayed on this nairaland.
op, take that bag as evidence to nafdac office so they can authenticate your claim and carry out investigations if truly that is plastic rice

7 Likes

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Cyriloha(m): 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
Kushpapi:
How can these plastic rice be identified?

You just called it plastic and your as kind how can it be identified

Anyway trump must hear this
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2017
9icetoo:

your brain is in order. I tried to explain this tova colleague but he just couldn't get his head around it. itcwill cost a lot more to make plastic pellets to sell as rice.
Nigeria is truly doomed with the level of intelligence displayed on this nairaland.
op, take that bag as evidence to nafdac office so they can authenticate your claim and carry out investigations if truly that is plastic rice

Are you through with your rants
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by 9icetoo(m): 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2017
zoneboy:
More
plastic does not foam when boiled in water. put your pure water sachet in water and boil it to see if it will foam. you probably bought expired rice or rice with preservatives or what nafdac described as biological organisms above acceptable levels.
but make I ask sha, is there no local rice being sold in your area?
cos I wnder why someone is buying foreign rice when we r trying to save our economy in any little way we can.
buy local next time. it will help everyone, including you.

4 Likes

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
9icetoo:

plastic does not foam when boiled in water. put your pure water sachet in water and boil it to see if it will foam. you probably bought expired rice or rice with preservatives or what nafdac described as biological organisms above acceptable levels.
but make I ask sha, is there no local rice being sold in your area?
cos I wnder why someone is buying foreign rice when we r trying to save our economy in any little way we can.
buy local next time. it will help everyone, including you.

https://www.nairaland.com/3485439/tips-how-identify-plastic-rice

Nafdac definitely outta dia mind wt is microbes above consumption level. If I cook am at 121 degree Celsius. Can I still eat it. Dey are definitely hiding something. So they are trying to say we can eat certain amount of microbes. Am a microbiologist (masters std) and knw all d shit dey saying. Not attenuated microbes oo. Live microbes. Nafdac is high
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by advocate666: 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
seguno2:

The brain that God gave you will save you IF you use it extensively as oyinbos have used theirs.
Understood?
Because god doesn't exist.
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Ishilove: 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2017
seguno2:

Are there lawyers who are obviously underemployed or even completely jobless?
Why must Nigerians always answer questions with more questions?
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2017
Dia is no local rice. Dts y I bought dis mess
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ishilove:

Peak its in us

3 Likes

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by seguno2: 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ishilove:

Who told you?
Lol.
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Ishilove: 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
zoneboy:
Dia is no local rice. Dts y I bought dis mess
Have you returned the rice to the seller?
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Ishilove: 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
seguno2:

Who told you?
You just did cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 12:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ishilove:

Have you returned the rice to the seller?

Funny enough the seller is a family member. Bought the rice to take back to sch. Notified her. Bought a Mama gold 25kg in place of d shit
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by samsam2019: 12:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
zoneboy:
May God save us. Plastic rice is indeed real. See pictures below
that's not a plastic rice and there's not plastic rice anywhere in the world.

You people should stop making up brainless and senseless lies. I'm an engineer and I know a lot about plastic.

Currently the price of virgin plastic material is more than rice. Ao why would they sell a more expensive plastic in place of a cheaper rice?

Stop doing things for attentionand get a life.

Listen to me again, plastic is more expensive than rice! Stop being an idiot

6 Likes

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 12:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ishilove:

You just did cheesy

Seguno2 enta one chance smiley
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Ishilove: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
zoneboy:

Funny enough the seller is a family member. Bought the rice to take back to sch. Notified her. Bought a Mama gold 25kg in place of d shit
Return her contaminated rice back to her abeg and tell her to change it or refund your money.

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by fkdmods: 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
DTOBS:
Imagine.. .

May God continue to protect us

Why do you guys love praying? You do realize that is a major part of your problems in Nigeria right? If all of you are on knees praying, who is actually doing the leg work to make things better?

3 Likes

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by 900warriorz: 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
I haven't seen anything plastic about that rice in the pictures! It's not even sticky..

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
http://m.guardian.ng/news/abu-don-mamza-raises-alarm-over-consumption-of-plastic-rice/

If am lying. Is this professor or guardian newspaper lying. The rice has the same lane with the mans own
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 12:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
zoneboy:
http://m.guardian.ng/news/abu-don-mamza-raises-alarm-over-consumption-of-plastic-rice/

If am lying. Is this professor or guardian newspaper lying. The rice has the same lane with the mans own

Thats a polymer expert talking. Engineer wia u dey. Am sure you be bicycle engineer
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Doyin2(m): 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
Proudly a LAKE rice eater!

The earlier we realised that made in Nigeria rice is healthier and safer,the better for our dear lives.

irrespective of the current price now,an immediate ban on imported rice would galvanise more investment and supply of local rice,with ultimate affordable pricing.

We are going for OFADA rice next!

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by mfm04622: 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
zoneboy:
I will still upload the video of me cooking it for all to see. Pls be careful. Plastic rice is real.

What do you intend to gain from this lie? If you are sure of what you are saying, take the rice to NAFDAC for test and take NAFDAC to where you bought the rice to protect other Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Ameboperoo(m): 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
zoneboy:
Cooking the rice. Notice the thick layer
Try clean this your cooker now. It's irritating abeg

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Roasting The Monitor Lizard Caught In Our Rice Farm Today (Photos) / Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen / Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.