Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,362 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) (45573 Views)

"I Have Been Eating Plastic Rice For 2 Months; Be Careful" - Lady Cries Out / 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC / Tips On How To Identify Plastic Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Collyno82(m): 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

tongue You are not serious
maybe
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by middlebelter(m): 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
Thank you for the modest effort you made by posting this on Nigerian Largest online media, Nairaland.
Please help us further by taking the samples to NAFDAC, Oshodi. It is easily accessible from all parts of Lagos. Also, make sure you do not alert the seller untill the NAFDAC officers are convinced its plastic rice. Thereafter, carefully direct the NAFDAC officers to the shop of the seller. I can assure you that from the foundation work that our Dr. DORA AKUNYULI, has done, the office will trace the importers through the sell er I public interest.
Remember, your effort is in public interest and any more spent will be rewarded by the lives you have saved indirectly.
We all have a collective responsibility of help Government agencies uncover the criminals killing our fellow countrymen through illicit trade.
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
middlebelter:
Thank you for the modest effort you made by posting this on Nigerian Largest online media, Nairaland.
Please help us further by taking the samples to NAFDAC, Oshodi. It is easily accessible from all parts of Lagos. Also, make sure you do not alert the seller untill the NAFDAC officers are convinced its plastic rice. Thereafter, carefully direct the NAFDAC officers to the shop of the seller. I can assure you that from the foundation work that our Dr. DORA AKUNYULI, has done, the office will trace the importers through the sell er I public interest.
Remember, your effort is in public interest and any more spent will be rewarded by the lives you have saved indirectly.
We all have a collective responsibility of help Government agencies uncover the criminals killing our fellow countrymen through illicit trade.
God bless Nigeria.

Thanks sir
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
googlepikins:
see as your pot bend like something wey dem dey use cook dog food.
Chai oo
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Tidamsel: 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
Diz is cirox

May God save us all

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by thimbook2(m): 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
yuck, so that's how it looks.

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by delpee(f): 8:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
For those in search of local rice, there's local rice in some stores and markets in Lagos. I know it's available in Otto and Oyingbo markets. Just ask the traders (preferably not imported rice sellers) they'll show you where to get it.

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Harinholar(f): 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
ademasta:
Iresi onike
.... smile.... orisirisi
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by bigtt76(f): 9:26pm On Jan 08, 2017
You should show us the plastic rice grains floating on water instead of cooked rice that was left open over night grin

zoneboy:
May God save us. Plastic rice is indeed real. See pictures below
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by zoneboy: 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
bigtt76:
You should show us the plastic rice grains floating on water instead of cooked rice that was left open over night grin

Funny pikin
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by 9icetoo(m): 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
asumo12:

Can u get it for me and send it down here?

And how much is it?

that's gonna make it expensive. it won't make sense paying for transportation twice. whatsapp me on 08131562123
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by 9icetoo(m): 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
zoneboy:

Thanks sir
I hope you won't end at thanking him. I implored you to do same. please do as advised so we can save others from eating 'plastic' rice

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by 9icetoo(m): 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
oluplus:
9icetoo, I am interested in this Abakaliki rice, but based in kaduna. Can we work it out?
send me whatsapp on 08131562123
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by intruder15(m): 1:45am On Jan 09, 2017
zoneboy:
May God save us. Plastic rice is indeed real. See pictures below

OP... the rice u have is exactly the same rice d govt impounded in Lagos as plastic rice which they later said isn't plastic rice... BEST TOMATO RICE...
SEE D LINK BELOW.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/customs-impounds-102-bags-of-25kg-plastic-rice/177020.html

D govt later said it's a lie. that it's not plastic rice. since u have a sample of it, u can do d test yourself to know if d govt lied or truly it's microbes that made d rice that way.

These are 6 plastic rice test and tips on how to identify the fake ones.

1. The fire test
You know what plastic smells like right. So, get a lighter and burn a handful of rice. If it catches fire and smells like burnt plastic, you have fake rice.

2. The boiling test
Observe the rice while boiling. If it starts forming a thick layer at the top of the pot, it is ‘plastic rice’.

3. The water test
Get a glass of cold water. Pour a tablespoon of raw rice in the glass and stir. If the rice goes to the bottom, it is all good. If it floats at the top, be careful because it means it contains ‘plastic rice’.

4. The mold test
Boil the rice. Leave it in a warm place for like 2-3 days. If mold does not appear in a few days, your rice is fake and should not be consumed. It will not get mold because plastic is not affected by the weather or temperature.

5. The mortar and pestle test
When molding a few grains of rice with a mortar and pestle, if the powder gives a quite white colour, you are good to go but it has a yellow discoloration, your rice must be fake.

6. The hot oil test
Just take some of the rice drop into some real hot oil. If it is plastic, it will melt or stick together or stick at the bottom of the pan. Share these tips with your friends and family so they do not end up eating ‘plastic rice’.

remember to burn outdoors not indoors cuz u can't tell d type of plastic and d smell it might emit which may be harmful in limited supply of air.

if the result u get is 4/6 or 6/6, then the government lied.

get back to us at ur convenient time... make it snappy cuz I won't be surprised if this thread disappears suddenly from nairaland.

Mods..... I Hail o.

3 Likes

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 09, 2017
I knew it wasn't just hype!!!! shocked

These companies are trying to find a cheap and readily available supply for the demand placed on rice

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by nizor01: 7:16am On Jan 09, 2017
The pot of rice is low...my broad, did u already chop that quantity of rubber?? Abeg hospitalize yourself sharply

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by DTOBS(m): 10:47am On Jan 09, 2017
fkdmods:

Why do you guys love praying? You do realize that is a major part of your problems in Nigeria right? If all of you are on knees praying, who is actually doing the leg work to make things better?
Ok

1 Like

Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by Gerald620: 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
seguno2:

Why?
Are you God or are you his advocate?
BTW, I think that you should address your comprehension challenges first.
You really lack manners oo
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by NewDelhi(m): 10:12am On May 06, 2018
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by NewDelhi(m): 10:13am On May 06, 2018
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by NewDelhi(m): 10:13am On May 06, 2018
Re: See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) by NewDelhi(m): 2:53pm On May 06, 2018
Innobets i'll continue to disturb you o. You no go sleep o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Roasting The Monitor Lizard Caught In Our Rice Farm Today (Photos) / Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen / Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.