Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,675 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Radiographers In The House I Need Your Help To Make A Decision - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Radiographers In The House I Need Your Help To Make A Decision (2125 Views)

Doctors In The House I Need Help,boil On My Testicles(graphic Picture) / White Tongue After Unprotected Sex: Please Doctors In The House I Need Your Help / Ultrasound Training For Doctors, Radiographers Ans Health Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Radiographers In The House I Need Your Help To Make A Decision by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 07, 2017
Please radiographers in the house I'm suggesting to put radiography as my course in JAMB this year, I want you all to tell me the basic things I need to know about it.
I hope the course is brain cracking too, because I love being busy to find solutions.

And also what is the difference between a radiographer and a radiologist?

The only university I found that does Medical Radiography And Radiological Science in Nigeria is Bayero University Kano, I need your advice.

Thanks.
Re: Radiographers In The House I Need Your Help To Make A Decision by kenneth2057(m): 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2017
Yea i got it
What is the difference between a radiographer and a radiologist??
Radiographers are professionals who (in Nigeria) undergo a 5-year Bachelor's degree programme in medical Radiography and Radiological Sciences to equip themselves with knowledge about radiographic procedures, imaging equipment manipulation, radiation protection and patient care. They maybe either diagnosis or therapeutically inclined. With advances in modern medicine, the roles of medical Radiographers are extending into areas such as ultrasonography, pattern recognition etc with the help of relevant advanced professional certifications.
Radiologists, on the other hand, are MBBS holders who specialize through residency in diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries using radiographic images. They can also choose to work in various subspecialties of radiology such as interventional radiology, musculoskeletal imaging, cardiac or pediatric imaging etc
Re: Radiographers In The House I Need Your Help To Make A Decision by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
kenneth2057:
Yea i got it
What is the difference between a radiographer and a radiologist??
Radiographers are professionals who (in Nigeria) undergo a 5-year Bachelor's degree programme in medical Radiography and Radiological Sciences to equip themselves with knowledge about radiographic procedures, imaging equipment manipulation, radiation protection and patient care. They maybe either diagnosis or therapeutically inclined. With advances in modern medicine, the roles of medical Radiographers are extending into areas such as ultrasonography, pattern recognition etc with the help of relevant advanced professional certifications.
Radiologists, on the other hand, are MBBS holders who specialize through residency in diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries using radiographic images. They can also choose to work in various subspecialties of radiology such as interventional radiology, musculoskeletal imaging, cardiac or pediatric imaging etc

Thanks sir
Re: Radiographers In The House I Need Your Help To Make A Decision by Oogway: 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2017
CeoMYN:
Please radiographers in the house I'm suggesting to put radiography as my course in JAMB this year, I want you all to tell me the basic things I need to know about it.
I hope the course is brain cracking too, because I love being busy to find solutions.

And also what is the difference between a radiographer and a radiologist?

The only university I found that does Medical Radiography And Radiological Science in Nigeria is Bayero University Kano, I need your advice.

Thanks.

A Radiologist is a medical doctor (MBBS) who has completed medical school and specializes in Radiology. He intepretes radiographic images and interacts with doctors on other treatments plan, he also carries out other duties of a medical doctor such as Writing prescriptions, death certificate, clerking of patients, etc.

A Radiographer is an imaging scientists he operates the Machines ( he is the master of his tools) , positions the patient and carries out the request of a doctor for a scan, runs the scan.

1 Share

Re: Radiographers In The House I Need Your Help To Make A Decision by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 30, 2017
Oogway:

A Radiologist is a medical doctor (MBBS) who has completed medical school and specializes in Radiology. He intepretes radiographic images and interacts with doctors on other treatments plan, he also carries out other duties of a medical doctor such as Writing prescriptions, death certificate, clerking of patients, etc.

A Radiographer is an imaging scientists he operates the Machines ( he is the master of his tools) , positions the patient and carries out the request of a doctor for a scan, runs the scan.

Thanks sir.
Re: Radiographers In The House I Need Your Help To Make A Decision by Jessydera: 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2019
Good day all. am a new member of this thread. I initially wanted to study medicine but due to my jamb score I had to change to a course under medical line. By d grace of God,when the school resumes next year, I will be a malabress (university of calabar)and I will be resuming wit dem in the department of radiography and radiological science. so my seniors I would like to really know 1 or 2 things about the course because not everyone like me know about what this profession entails. I would like to know : the years, the main subjects or courses I will encounter and after getting the degree what next.
Re: Radiographers In The House I Need Your Help To Make A Decision by Oluwagreatness1(f): 10:45am On Dec 08, 2021
What's the differences between Bsc.Radiology and Bsc.Radiography?
Pls...I'm kinda confuse

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have Any Problems With Your Eye? / Rest In Peace: Hypeman, Brian B Is Dead (photos) / Sugar Awareness: Beware Of Sugar... Share To Save Lives - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.