Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:33 AM

Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? (4082 Views)

Which Phone Are You Currently Using? / Which Wallpaper Are You Currently Using On Your Device? / From 3G To 4G LTE - What Lies Ahead For Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by fineboynl(m): 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2017
is anyone currently using glo 4G LTE? what is the speed like? both glo 2G and 3G network is nothing to talk about and I was wondering if their 4G network is any different.
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by pr0blem: 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
it depends on where you are like 3g
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by FellaL: 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
nooo their 4g is the same no difference

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by dustmalik(m): 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2017
FellaL:
nooo their 4g is the same no difference
You haven't used it, yet you are making pronouncement on it.

OP, before the launch of Glo LTE, I use to abandon my data plan because I couldn't use it due to slow 3G network. But ever since I tried Glo LTE, I've been very satisfied. It's fast and has low latency, which makes web pages load very quickly.

The only downside to Glo LTE is its uncommon band 28. I had to get Spectranet Huawei E5573s-606 MiFi because of that. Though you can get the Glo LTE MiFi for 10k in case you don't have a compatible LTE phone.
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by FellaL: 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
dustmalik:

OP, before the launch of Glo LTE, I use to abandon my data plan because I couldn't use it due to slow 3G network. But ever since I tried Glo LTE, I've been very satisfied. It's fast and has low latency, which makes web pages load very quickly.

The only downside to Glo LTE is its uncommon band 28. I had to get Spectranet Huawei E5573s-606 MiFi because of that. Though you can get the Glo LTE MiFi for 10k in case you don't have a compatible LTE phone.
I know someone who uses it and he complains about the slowness to me

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by obanor99: 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2017
That's how glo 4g LTE looks like

Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by lexrichy(m): 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
The speed slows down when downloading from about 6m/s to the range of 200kpb to 400kpb this started happening lately though in my area.
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by lexrichy(m): 9:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
obanor99:
which area bro
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by dustmalik(m): 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
obanor99:
What device is this?
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by obanor99: 10:51am On Jan 08, 2017
Alcatel pop 4 plus
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by makavele: 10:58am On Jan 08, 2017
dis is hw glo 4g lte looks like

Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by Andking: 11:03am On Jan 08, 2017
Please who has a Glo mifi for sale, or a mifi that can work with Glo 4G band?
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by iliyande(m): 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
FellaL:
I know someone who uses it and he complains about the slowness to me

That's not true please..... See speed test attached

Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by Joel3(m): 8:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
it look like glo is not worth it and smile is faster,
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by dustmalik(m): 11:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
Joel3:
it look like glo is not worth it and smile is faster,
Which Smile are you talking about? Why don't you post the speed of Smile so that we compare and contrast?
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by Joel3(m): 6:54am On Jan 09, 2017
dustmalik:

Oga. l heard glo mifi is 25k. did you unlock ur huawei mifi to use glo network? and how much did you buy the mifi.
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by Joel3(m): 7:06am On Jan 09, 2017
obanor99:
Alcatel pop 4 plus
for how much you bought this phone and what can you say about the battery life on 4G LTE.
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by dustmalik(m): 10:05am On Jan 09, 2017
Joel3:
Oga. l heard glo mifi is 25k. did you unlock ur huawei mifi to use glo network? and how much did you buy the mifi.

I bought the Huawei E5573s-606 from Spectranet for 25k, and it came with 30gb. Yes, I had to unlock it myself.
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by FellaL: 4:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
iliyande:

That's not true please..... See speed test attached
Okay but I think it determines where you are staying
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by obanor99: 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2017
Joel3:
for how much you bought this phone and what can you say about the battery life on 4G LTE.
currently its N39,500 but I bought mine for 37500.its battery life is quite ok.I actually bought it from konga.
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by edicied: 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
To be honest the Glo 4g Lte speed is very fast but the 3g slow speed no be here o grin
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by kvngjesse(m): 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
edicied:
To be honest the Glo 4g Lte speed is very fast but the 3g slow speed no be here o grin
3g really fast here bruhh
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by edicied: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
kvngjesse:

3g really fast here bruhh
what location is that?
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by kvngjesse(m): 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
edicied:
what location is that?
Delta state
Re: Is Anyone Currently Using Glo 4G LTE? What Is The Speed Like? by Sanemind(m): 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
Andking:
Please who has a Glo mifi for sale, or a mifi that can work with Glo 4G band?
l do dats if u are in port harcourt

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Note 5 And Note 5 Pro Release Date, Rumour Specs And Price / How Can I Locate My Stolen Phone With Imei? / Is Redmi Note 8 Pro A Good Choice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.