Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

Only In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only In Africa (592 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only In Africa by lipuka(m): 8:42am On Nov 23, 2009
It is only in Africa, where you can find a country with TWO presidents (Madagascar)> It is only in Africa where the ruling party in Government can vote for and choose the leader of the Opposition in Parliament ( malawi). It is only in Africa, where you can see a Captain in uniform, hiring mercenaries from another African country to cling to power Guinea) It is only in Africa where you see a country without a Government causing so much havoc to world economy (Somalia). It is only in Africa, where the people are so stupid that they allow themselves to be used by greedy politicians, ruin their own countries, impoverish themselves, kill each other, render themselves homeless and starving, then go begging for handouts, blaming everybody else except themselves.

GOD BLESS AFRICA!
Re: Only In Africa by Parohfrey(f): 8:55am On Nov 23, 2009
thank you, but we dont need your blessings.
Re: Only In Africa by lipuka(m): 9:04am On Nov 23, 2009
The blessings were tongue in cheek. I cannot curse my own continent
Re: Only In Africa by Beaf: 10:51am On Nov 23, 2009
I am assuming you are Kenyan. Are people from your country normally this negative?

I can't believe a grown up would have woken up on a Monday morning to actually post such garbage.
When looking for stupid African people, I advice you to check your family first.

FOOL.
Re: Only In Africa by Parohfrey(f): 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2009
@Beaf

People have said worse things about Nigeria on this forum and you havent called them names, hmmmmmm
Re: Only In Africa by omar22(m): 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2009
Can you kindly tell me whats continent is Russia in
Re: Only In Africa by Beaf: 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2009
Paroh_frey:

@Beaf

People have said worse things about Nigeria on this forum and you havent called them names,  hmmmmmm

You can join this mugu with his only in Africa na. Abi dem send you?
Re: Only In Africa by Parohfrey(f): 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2009
@Beaf

Anu ofia like you.
Re: Only In Africa by Beaf: 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2009
Paroh_frey:

@Beaf

Anu ofia like you.

Returned by DHL.
Re: Only In Africa by RSA(m): 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2009
@Lipuka you forgot to mention that Only in Africa if you rig the election you appoint your opposition a Prime Minister(Kenya),OK and Zimbabwe grin
Re: Only In Africa by FayeZik(f): 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2009
Russia is in Europe.
Re: Only In Africa by FayeZik(f): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2009
omar22:

Can you kindly tell me whats continent is Russia in

I thought we are talking about Africa. I beg go and find your Russia in Europe
Re: Only In Africa by lipuka(m): 7:07pm On Nov 26, 2009
I did not forget Kenya. I said we allow ourselves to be used by politicians to kill each other. It happened in Kenya, and it was bad. Mine is a wake-up call brother. We have a problem in Africa. Just ask Zimbabwe
Re: Only In Africa by paddylo1(m): 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2009
It is only in Africa, where you can find a country with TWO presidents (Madagascar)

No u can find this actually happening in honduras,as we speak. . .Honduras is in latin america in case u didnt know

It is only in Africa where the ruling party in Government can vote for and choose the leader of the Opposition in Parliament ( malawi).

well worse things happen occasionally in supposedly democratic nations like malaysia,russia,and thailand

It is only in Africa, where you can see a Captain in uniform, hiring mercenaries from another African country to cling to power Guinea)

venezuelas so called ruler chavez,routinely uses para-military groups to maintain power,he also regularly uses funds to destabilize other countries like colombia by arming rebels in those countries

It is only in Africa where you see a country without a Government causing so much havoc to world economy (Somalia).

well afghanistan and iraq also are with little or no functioning govt,and they cause chaos
the tribal regions of pakistan are also a bloody flashpoint
finally gaza is pretty much without a government,and it causes flashpoint that boils over and disturbs the world from time to time
i say compared to the above lawless regions,somalia is pretty much in the minor leagues

It is only in Africa, where the people are so stupid that they allow themselves to be used by greedy politicians, ruin their own countries, impoverish themselves, kill each other, render themselves homeless and starving, then go begging for handouts, blaming everybody else except themselves.

its quite despicable what u say,there is no excuse for the liberian and sierra leone wars
or for how the congo is today
however,u can find some or all of the points u raised present in sarajevo,kosovo,georgia(war with russia),burma,north korea,iraq,
afghanistan,parts of colombia,parts of india,gaza,west bank,lebanon, and more

GOD BLESS AFRICA!
i heartilly agree with your conclusion and i say GOD BLESS NIGERIA,and AFRICA

however i disagree that its only in africa that we can see these problems present
the difference is that we seem to dwell too much on the negative

whearas for example in a place like india,
with problems like terrorism,seperatist violence,monsoon yearly flooding,huge poverty, racist and classist caste system,power problems,ethnic violence with huge casualties(anybody remember the train set on fire killing hundreds of hindus?),and a prospect of nuclear war or nuclear terrorism

in spite of all that ALL WE HEAR ABOUT INDIA IS MOSTLY THAT IT GROWS AT 5-7% and is a emerging market

its time to talk up AFRICA,and u should start to do your part
Re: Only In Africa by lipuka(m): 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2009
Thank you Paddy. But we should not allow it t happen, just because it is happening in another country

(1) (Reply)

The Begining / Hell and Plane Crash / Efcc In Dilemma Over El Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.