Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon (31812 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife, Folu (Throwback Photo) / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by nwamehn: 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
Mehn. This should be rumour because I read sometime ago where Adeboye said that his successor wasn't a born again yet at that time he was making the comment.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by oruma19: 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
Yoruba church! Confirmed......lolz. Besides why is it that in politics and church administration incumbents like to hand over to their commissioners of finance when their tenure expires? Just asking... Cos e b like say na brain dem de use choose successors just like the political leaders and nothing like consultation with God. It is well. Soon my G.O will hand over to his son, because he already made him pastor of international headquarter somewhere in Ogun state...lolz. na their Hussle anyways, let dem enjoy. I support..
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by Doctorfitz: 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
kennygee:
Pastor Adeboye is still the GO of the RCCG worldwide but not in Nigeria.

This is due to a law that was just passed in the National assembly that a GO must not serve more than 20 years.

This law affects other pastors like Pastor Kumuyi, and Oyedepo.

I wonder what business the government has with spiritual matters, why didn't this happen during GEJ or OBJ's tenure, why does it have to be after Pastor Adeboye openly commended Fayose's zeal in protecting his people?

Or is it because thess men of God are becoming a threat to the government?

Yet they are not planning to Islamize Nigeria.

It is well o.

U have said nothing
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by oyoofong(m): 4:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
What will daddy be doing? Retired from ministry?
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by horlumiday(m): 4:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
Run away from churches that only talks abt security, success, marriage etc or churches preachin CHRIST n lata end up merging it with material things, the gospel shud only be abt Christ, its come to church n get Jesus nt wealth or other stuffs...
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
DonCortino:
But adeboye is still d g.o worldwide na!

I am not understanding o!
I tire o, simple english people not understAnding
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by Handsomecole(m): 4:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
What's the big deal about this now?? Ordinary Redeemed. Who is adeboye sef gan, when his not like a Pope died or so.
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by shaddoww: 4:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
kennygee:

This is due to a law that was just passed in the National assembly that a GO must not serve more than 20 years.

I wonder what business the government has with spiritual matters, why didn't this happen during GEJ or OBJ's tenure, why does it have to be after Pastor Adeboye openly commended Fayose's zeal in protecting his people?

It is well o.

Pls any link to dat law, cos am not aware any such law was passed recently.

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by ikorodureporta: 4:37pm On Jan 07, 2017

Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by Walelavender(m): 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
Glory to God! Not really easy for a septuagenarian to run that highly demanding office. A relief in the body for baba Adeboye.
Pastor Obayemi is a wonderful minister of the gospel. I was under his ministration over a decade ago in RCF, on campus, while in school.
Trusting God our leaders finish well, so also the followers. A life lived for God can never be a waste.
A lot of Nairalanders need Jesus, just like the attention seeking derailers of this thread. I say......
Jesus loves you
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
shaddoww:

I saw it on a church WhatsApp group.
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by Chukazu: 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2017
kennygee:

It is well o.

so they Want to do to churches what they did Sanusi did to Banks and financial institutions?
but, in that case who is the minister or ministry supervising religious affairs?.. That way we know it cuts across all religion, but if there's none it means someone in government is trying na stage manage the Christian religion
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by jiorhemen(m): 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
kennygee:

Hmmm, I fear you o. Where did you get this from? " A law that was just passed in the National Assembly that a GO must not serve more than 20 years." Are you talking about Nigeria or the National Assembly in another country that I have never heard of. "This law affects other pastors like Pastor Kumuyi, and Oyedepo." Hmmm, this your assertion is so puzzling to me. Anyway, there's no any law passed by the National Assembly that prohibits any church leader from serving beyond 20 years, and no enacted law affects Pastor Kumuyi or Bishop Oyedepo. Please ma, get your facts right next time before saying some things. In as much as we should defend the body of Christ, there's no need doing that by disemminating blatantly false information to the public.
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 07, 2017
jiorhemen:

Hmmm, I fear you o. Where did you get this from? " A law that was just passed in the National Assembly that a GO must not serve more than 20 years." Are you talking about Nigeria or the National Assembly in another country that I have never heard of. "This law affects other pastors like Pastor Kumuyi, and Oyedepo." Hmmm, this your assertion is so puzzling to me. Anyway, there's no any law passed by the National Assembly that prohibits any church leader from serving beyond 20 years, and no enacted law affects Pastor Kumuyi or Bishop Oyedepo. Please ma, get your facts right next time before saying some things. In as much as we should defend the body of Christ, there's no need doing that by disemminating blatantly false information to the public.
When the truth comes out, come back and tell me.
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by jiorhemen(m): 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2017
kennygee:

You said a law that was passed, not a secret fiat from government. Would you mind telling us the day, time, year, etc, when the law was passed? It will also be helpful if you tell us the sponsor of the bill, the title of the bill, and when the president assented to it. Waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by Saint83(m): 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2017
NLsers are full of Idiol worshippers...

Modify....some comment are very funny ,can't stop laughing though.
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by jiorhemen(m): 5:01pm On Jan 07, 2017
Chukazu:

so they Want to do to churches what they did Sanusi did to Banks and financial institutions?
but, in that case who is the minister or ministry supervising religious affairs?.. That way we know it cuts across all religion, but if there's none it means someone in government is trying na stage manage the Christian religion

My brother, please do not mind those disemminating blatantly false information. In as much as we should defend the body of Christ, there's no need doing that by lying. No such law has been passed and it can never happen. They can't try it. If such a law was passed, you would have heard it yourself in the news, not from a poster on Nairaland.
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by jiorhemen(m): 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2017
shaddoww:

My brother, please do not mind those disemminating blatantly false information. In as much as we should defend the body of Christ, there's no need doing that by lying. No such law has been passed and it can never happen. They can't try it. If such a law was passed, you would have heard it yourself in the news, not from a poster on Nairaland.
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by MAXIMAL123(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2017
National assembly? Oga where do U get dis?
kennygee:

Or is it because these men of God are becoming a threat to the government?

It is well o.

Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by azezola(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2017
From one yahoo boy to another yahoo boy...
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2017
jiorhemen:

You said a law that was passed, not a secret fiat from government. Would you mind telling us the day, time, year, etc, when the law was passed? It will also be helpful if you tell us the sponsor of the bill, the title of the bill, and when the president assented to it. Waiting.

My dear, that was how I also saw it on a church WhatsApp group o.
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by jiorhemen(m): 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2017
kennygee:

I saw it on a church WhatsApp group.

Now I understand where you got such blatant lie from. Anyway, next time, be careful what you believe from people. Talking about WhatsApp group, there are different kinds of false rumours some people spread on such platforms. Of course, I know that some are veracious, however, there are some that are fake and mendacious. So you need to be very careful with what you believe and help spread. One needs to be smart, intelligent and filled with the spirit of discernment to know how to handle some malicious information being spread on some WhatsApp group
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by jiorhemen(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2017
MAXIMAL123:
National assembly? Oga where do U get dis?

It was funny to me too lol
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by WORLDPEACE(m): 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2017
kennygee:

It is well o.

There are a few G.Os who are friends of this administration. I think the law would frustrate them if your conclusion is right. Tunde Bakare is one of such. That's one G.O who already has been told by "God" that he would join the administration two years into its tenure.
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by ilynem(m): 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2017
horlumiday:
Run away from churches that only talks abt security, success, marriage etc or churches preachin CHRIST n lata end up merging it with material things, the gospel shud only be abt Christ, its come to church n get Jesus nt wealth or other stuffs...
So after "getting Jesus",what so I use that knowledge for? You only care about spiritual growth and what happens to your physical and financial? This is the mistake Christians have been making for a long time. We can't affect the world by hiding inside the church. A church should preach Jesus! Yes! But at the same time, a church should be able to inspire us to be better people in our various fields. If you are the richest man in Africa, when u talk about Jesus, people will listen to u way more than someone who can't even feed himself
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by Fordwest(m): 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2017
tboyO2:
End time pastor cheesy
Enslaving members to enrich themselves cheesy

They are good at shouting Pay ur tithe ,give all ur money grin

Religion and corruption are the biggest scam cool

U see ur life??, so corruption too don become scam abi. corruption and scam na desame nah. Better use ur head well before commenting. If religion no epp u, who u ursef epp. U neva even epp ursef tok more of someone else. Asin ehnn, u pple be talking like u and God na mate, like say if dem permit u to see God u go fit blink ur eye. na to come nairaland dey chew mouth anyhow. Ya'll better respect yasevs on religious matters. Who God calls, he hass called, if u judge dem u re taking double of the purnishment dat was meant for dem, and am sure no one will like to take anoda man's purnishment.
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
Charlatans leading a deluded herd of sheep.
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by Fordwest(m): 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
kennygee:

Na the truth him talk so. Aww can de national assembly dictate how a church should function. next national assembly will start selecting pastors and urshers and choirs for us.
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by ohil: 5:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
I think his retirement is as a result of the pressure from the family of the founding father of the church. He has been under for some years now. They are of the opinion that he should retire because of his age since they believed that he is violenting the church constitution. Thanks for amicable resolution.
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 07, 2017
kennygee:

What I saw on a whatsapp group says and i quote

"This is due to a law that was just passed in the National assembly that a GO must not serve more than 20 years".

If this is true,

It is well o.

*modified*

Even the devil himself and his idiotic religion cannot implement such law...
Re: Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon by horlumiday(m): 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2017
ilynem:

So after "getting Jesus",what so I use that knowledge for? You only care about spiritual growth and what happens to your physical and financial? This is the mistake Christians have been making for a long time. We can't affect the world by hiding inside the church. A church should preach Jesus! Yes! But at the same time, a church should be able to inspire us to be better people in our various fields. If you are the richest man in Africa, when u talk about Jesus, people will listen to u way more than someone who can't even feed himself
Its not abt us, its abt God, The glory belongs to God nt man, u cnt convert someone, Only God can.. John 6 vs 44 - No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. God wnt give u a task without providin what u need for the task, m nt against wealth or other things, Bible instruct us to work with our hands, God hates laziness... Look at Nigeria churches, they love romancing the word of God, Preachin shud be What bible says directly nt goin in circle then Finally ending up with, God will bless u(earthly stuffs).. Everything should be about CHRIST...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? / Former Pope Benedict XVI Dies At His Vatican Residence, Aged 95

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.