Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

- Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / (2863 Views)

Brand New 2 Bedroom Apartment With Fitted Kitchen At Agungi / Cost Of Fitted Kitchen And Wardrobes / !!PROMO!! We Sell Fitted Kitchen FREE Kitchen Cabinet DESIGN !!! Picture speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 23, 2009
Re: by Lusky(m): 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2009
My wife's cousin readily comes to mind. His outfit is called Quaint furnishings. very good and professional I must confess, as he cut his teeth with some embassy jobs, which demand precision and fantastic finishings. His name is Emmanuel or Kwame, and can be reached on 08033043300, 08023657097. He comes highly recommended.
Re: by ajileko: 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2009
Re: by ajileko: 8:06pm On Nov 23, 2009
wink
Re: by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 23, 2009
Whatever you do, I would very strongly advise that you are present to supervise the work. Top notch, neat  finishing is the albatross of our tradesmen. No matter how much money you spend on materials, VERY, VERY, FEW of them can do it neatly to international standards. Not to demonize our local tradesmen but I have seen that "highest standard and attention to detail" is relative here.

Frankly, most of these tradesmen cannot begin to picture/imagine how well done you want things to be, their idea of "faultless" could make you weep. There's a silver lining though - if you want it done to your standards, supervise it yourself, don't leave it to the Supervisor to actualize the image you have in your head. I've seen some very good finishing,  in the homes of those that brought in tradesmen from abroad, supervised local trades themselves (because they already knew what good finishing looked like - if you don't know it, you can't teach it) or supervised by expatriates brought in to supervise, using our local talent purely as labor.

Irrespective of the company you use, DO NOT ASSUME that common sense is common, they may be pricey and still not be able to produce to international standards. Do not leave them to use their judgement, too often, it is flawed and poor. Naturally, there will be exceptions but in general. . . . .

OK, gotta stop now, you just awakened some horrible memories, not trying to scare/discourage you

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2009
Re: by luckyme9(f): 10:07am On Nov 26, 2009
Hi Chaircover, let me know if you still need the help. May be my brother can help you with the same carpenter that did mine. send me an e-mail so you can take a look at mine, if you like it, you guys can go from there.
I had the design done from Lowe's, they are like Home Depot, my brother went to ijebu Ode to buy all the planks
the carpenter charged less than 300K, it took him 3 weeks, but I think I can't get it any better in Naija.
the few pictures I have has my family in it, I would have posted it here.
luckyme9@ymail.com
Note: I shipped my counter tops from here too.
Cheers
Re: by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2009
Re: by luckyme9(f): 11:14am On Nov 29, 2009
I will send you the pictures on Monday from my store, thats the computer I have the pictures on.
I paid about $60 to $70 for 10ft granite look  from Lowe's.  I wrapped 3 together and took it to Chicago
Where we pay $200 per Box.  I was able to wrap them together neatly. Pain in the ass, but it's worth it.
Cheers
Re: by luckyme9(f): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2009
Hey Chaircover,
I found some pictures my daughter posted on her facebook.
Check your mail box. They are for your eyes only
Thanx
Re: by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2009
Re: by egin(m): 5:04am On Nov 30, 2009
luckyme9:

Hey Chaircover,
I found some pictures my daughter posted on her facebook.
Check your mail box. They are for your eyes only
Thanx
Can you send the pictures to me too? I have a project nearing completion in Ondo
I have been thinking about this for a long time because of the horrible finishing job they do in Nigeria
The address is jifola52@yahoo.com
Re: by FunmyKemmy(f): 8:56am On Nov 30, 2009
@ Luckyme9

I would be glad if you can send these pictures to me through ayokemi2003@yahoo.com.  I have been thinking about how I can get a good design for my kitchen for a very long time.

Thanks.
Re: by thepakmail: 10:11am On Dec 15, 2013
try cejex designs ltd, lekki lagos. www.cejex.com
Re: by femifafunso(m): 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
Kindly visit www.trendskitchens.com or call wale 08033604409 or femi 08030683906

(1) (Reply)

Whats Happening On The Riverview Estate, Isheri North Axis? / Lovely service flats For Sale In Surulere, Bode Thomas (with pictures)!!!!!!! / Plots Of Land For Sale At Makurdi,benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.