Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

It's A Matter Of The Mind - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It's A Matter Of The Mind (350 Views)

How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? / Marriage Is A Serious Matter Oooooooo / The Heart Can Deceive When It Is A Matter Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's A Matter Of The Mind by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 9:26am On Jan 08, 2017
I shared a video I found recently on my Instagram. It’s a story about two twin brothers who grew up with an alcoholic father who would always get drunk and beat up their mother.

img_20170108_084001_937.jpg

One grew up to be a drunk just like his father, when asked about his life out turn, he said, “I watched my father”.

img_20170108_083921_065.jpg

The other brother grew up to be a responsible person, never indulging in drinking, when asked about his life out turn, he said, ” I watched my father “.

img_20170108_084030_880.jpg

Two persons exposed to the same conditions but different outcomes.

So what was the reason for the different outcome?

The mind! Yes, the mind has everything to do with it. How you think, how you process your thoughts, all consciously and non-consciously affects your actions and life’s decisions.

It doesn’t matter the environment you grew up in, it shouldn’t be the deciding factor for your future or how you end up in life. Recall, they’ve been several persons who grew up with little or no privileges, deep down somewhere in a ghetto but today, live a successful and prosperous life.

The rose seed planted in a refuse dump site still buds and grows into a rose flower. It doesn’t matter the life conditions you grew up in, the situations you were constantly exposed to. It doesn’t matter if you were abused (in any way) growing up, don’t let that depict you future! All that happened can’t rule you, you are the master of your own life, you have your own story to write and your own success to talk about.

Will you say what happened to you stopped you? No way!

You are far better than that, you are worth way higher to be put down.

Don’t let circumstances determine your future. Reset your thinking today, the power is in your mind.

Source: www.justiceokwudike.com | INSPIRATION

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Min Funny Baby Videos !! 2017 (video) / What Is The Importance Of A Mother (happy Mother’s Day To All Mother’s In The W / Watch Out For This Driver That Steals Cars!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.