Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,999 members, 7,952,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:46 AM

Women with two husbands! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women with two husbands! (1880 Views)

Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / Women With Rich Husbands Have Stronger Orgasm –study / Woman With Two Husbands... Now Wants Two More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women with two husbands! by Damoche10: 12:34pm On Nov 23, 2009
If Muslim men can have more than one wife, there is also a tribe where the woman is the one with more than one husband.

Polygamy is a common practice by many cultural groups in the different part of the world.

We all know for a fact that Muslim men can marry as many as they can, oops take note, as they “can,” not as they “want,” meaning to say, they can only do if they have the means although other Muslim sects allow four wives only. This is not prohibited as long as all the wives are treated equally and fairly and each wife has a separate room. They call it harem.

On the contrary, do you know that there is a tribe that it’s the women who can have more than one husband? Very unusual isn’t it? Believe it or not but this is true and it is in existence. Who are these people and where can we find them? Let’s find out.

I'll keep u posted on the update!
Re: Women with two husbands! by Charchar(f): 1:24pm On Nov 23, 2009
I can not remember the name of the tribe but I know it's in Asia somewhere , they usuall marry all the brothers from the husband familly. I am not sure that sounds so good but having many men does. Lol
Re: Women with two husbands! by Fhemmmy: 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2009
I once heard that a woman in Nija did this.
Re: Women with two husbands! by Xorenxo(m): 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2009
In Ila-Orangun in Oshun State,a junior brother has d right to sex his senior brother's wife in his absense.If perchance pregnancy happens,the child belongs to the family.
Re: Women with two husbands! by Charchar(f): 2:01pm On Nov 24, 2009
grin really? Hope ya marry a family with a good looking younger brother.
Re: Women with two husbands! by Damoche10: 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2009
These people are called the Mustangs and their kingdom is also called Mustang. Mustang is located in the northwest part of Nepal and was closed to foreigners until 1992. The area of Mustang is about 2000 km2 with more or less 7000 inhabitants. Mustang is one of the few places in the Himalayan region that has been able to retain its traditional Tibetan culture unmolested. There are no roads, cars, telephones, televisions or western doctors.

Mustang is an isolated and free Tibetan kingdom whose people still believe that the Earth is flat, that illness is caused by evil spirits and is healed through exorcism. And mustang is the place where women can have more than one husband.

It is a Mustang tradition that if a man wants to marry he has to give the girl’s family a piece of land as a dowry. If another brother wants to marry he should do the same. In order for a family not to lose their domain for marriage purposes, it is a common practice for a brother to marry a brother’s wife. So if there are five brothers in a family the tendency is that they will share a common wife. They do this because of the scarcity of tillable land.

Maybe you will ask, how’s the set up at home? If a Mustang woman has five husbands each husband has a schedule. They can make a schedule of two days and two nights each or one day and one night each.

How would they know who impregnated the wife? There is no possibility for the wife to determine who amongst the husbands impregnated her. I’m sure you would also ask this, who’s going to be considered as the father? Well, it is always the oldest who’s going to be address as the father. All the younger husbands will be called uncle by the kids.

Very unusual but it is true. We are different from one another with different cultural orientation. Let’s just respect each others culture.

Anything can happen, isn't it?
Re: Women with two husbands! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2009
now that is just not right grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Extramarital Affairs,would you apologize to your extended family? / Urgent : Where Can I Buy Quality Baby Things In Lagos / 1st Born Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.