Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. (50643 Views)

12-Year-Old Delta Bride Married Off To An Old Man, Rescued In Edo / Meet Baby Chanco, Japanese With Full Hair Like An Adult (Photos) / 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by BCharles: 11:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:

Must you denigrate the Igbos to pass your point?
Retardd.

Looking for cheap likes.......
Useme Nkpo
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Joy1706(f): 12:30am On Jan 09, 2017
wintersnow:

Language Please
Hope you cautioned the ediot too
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by redsun(m): 1:41am On Jan 09, 2017
You should have seen it as advantage and a sense of security, because other ladies won't find him attractive looking like that,therefore he is all yours for keeps,until when you have a better option.

According to fela- #when trouble sleep Yanga go to wake am,wetin edey find for lagosioo,na wahala edey find.

You got to be mindful of what you wish for sometimes. The most important thing should be that he doesn't stink,if he does,then get him to bathe regularly,use some antibacterial soap and antiperspirant. Clothes does not exactly make a man,it is the inner strength and principles that truly defines a man.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by grandstar(m): 1:42am On Jan 09, 2017
AntiWailer:
U are comparing him with all those guys around.

Ok let's see if we can help.

Look for a way to raise money. Get his measurements and swing into action.

1. Buy him the kind of shoes you like and keep the ones that annoy you away.

2. Buy him the kind of clothes you like also and keep the ones that annoy you away.

3. Decide your fit.

4. As for boxers, haha !! Buy fine ones for him.

Select clothes combination for him when he is going out.

My baby does that almost all the time. Before I am out of the bath, she would have selected the shirt, jacket, even the color of socks and my tie.

I am left to make only decisions on the shoe I wear and trust me when she wants to limit my shoe options, she selects a brown belt.

And even if I dnt like what she selected, as soon as I am in front of the mirror, I hear

"waoo u look so good".

"All those tea girls in your office should stay away else...."

So over period , I have trusted her selection and I dnt complain .

So do so with wisdom.

Appreciate him as much as u can.

There must be plenty "You LOOK so different moments too" so his head can swell and align.

101/100

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by DebbieLaw(f): 6:45am On Jan 09, 2017
Ma'am ur plight is understandable..u jst hv to find a way to buy new stuffs for him..men are babies..pet him into wearing it for trials..n give awesome comments make him feel good abt himself..dnt try to change all abruptly but one at a time..its kinda his tin to dress dat way..so u myt jst take it easy wit him..chose his dress..dress him up commend his little efforts Mk it look big..den its don
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by DebbieLaw(f): 6:54am On Jan 09, 2017
And to those of u being mean to her,most tyms I wonder if u tink virtually frm ur anus or armpit..d appeal was for advice on insult or is I dat u all cnt read n understand simple English?.. Pls, u mustn't comment.if u dnt respect anybody pls show itself a little respect.. Bc if i were u I wud be ashamed of my stupid act..if u dnt hv any advice to offer n pls I beg u..zip it!!

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by stanleykoko: 8:18am On Jan 09, 2017
SafeDavid:
Take him shopping.

Hello protegesol aka freakypinky, FuckYouToo, the scammer..

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by charlesadams926(m): 8:34am On Jan 09, 2017
Worriedwife:
This issue has been disturbing me, I had to create a new id to get advice 'anonymously', maybe someone else who has gone through this can help. My husband's dress sense is poor, his shoes look like weapons...pointed mouth with very heavy soles. His colour combination is something else. He is a good-looking young man but dresses like an old man.

It makes me not to find him sexy, even his boxers look like soccer shorts.
Whenever we go out, people look at him like he's my gate man. The other day, we went to visit some family friends and someone there said, we don't look like we came out from the same house.

You know how people can be, news have been going around that I am spending all his money on myself while he goes about tattered. My in-laws are also part of the rumour mongers. I have tried to teach him, but he's not ready to learn. Before the usual didn't you know when you married him questions, I knew. He kept saying I am just a girlfriend and I want to change him. Now I am his wife, he still won't change.

Please, what can I do? Won't it be rude if I throw his old wears away?
We recently moved to PH, I don't know my way around yet. Things look expensive here, where can I shop at a fair rate?
I need practical solutions. Thank you all.

Your case isn't peculiar at all @op. Call this number 08099605787. He is an image consultant. He will sort you out and your husband won't even feel weird. Thank me later! By the way, he is the best!

[b]
Worriedwife:
This issue has been disturbing me, I had to create a new id to get advice 'anonymously', maybe someone else who has gone through this can help. My husband's dress sense is poor, his shoes look like weapons...pointed mouth with very heavy soles. His colour combination is something else. He is a good-looking young man but dresses like an old man.

Whenever we go out, people look at him like he's my gate man. The other day, we went to visit some family friends and someone there said, we don't look like we came out from the same house.

You know how people can be, news have been going around that I am spending all his money on myself while he goes about tattered. My in-laws are also part of the rumour mongers. I have tried to teach him, but he's not ready to learn. Before the usual didn't you know when you married him questions, I knew. He kept saying I am just a girlfriend and I want to change him. Now I am his wife, he still won't change.

We recently moved to PH, I don't know my way around yet. Things look expensive here, where can I shop at a fair rate?

Your case isn't peculiar at all @op. Call this number 08099605787. He is an image consultant. He will sort you out and your husband won't even feel weird. Thank me later! By the way, he is the best!

[/b]
Worriedwife:

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by walexix(m): 8:53am On Jan 09, 2017
OP, When he came to woo you don't you see his dress like old man? Now you've became his wife you're complaining, that's why he doesn't want to listen to you because he believe that's how he dressed to win your heart definitely the dressing is OK, he may be thinking maybe you don't him to be infidel that's why you're complaining. Well if have enough advice on getting him what best suit him so try that May God crown your effort as you want a happy home.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by veave(f): 9:09am On Jan 09, 2017
lestat:

It's my opinion that marriage is for better for worse, now if he doesn't cheat, he doesn't beat her he provides for his family , he is caring but she is upset he doesn't look like he walked out of a GQ magazine?
The issue she should be facing is why isn't she happy with what she has and instead of bitching about it try and make things work ...
Trust me if she moves to another guy maybe the next issue will be why he doesn't shave his beard ?
She is shallow and naieve that's her issue .

Shut up. You're beginning to sound irritating
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Kingdolo(m): 9:24am On Jan 09, 2017
Just get him new Clothes and shoes.
That will solve your problem.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by EAZY2422(m): 9:28am On Jan 09, 2017
sorry to say ma'am,buh dis is all ur fault accept it nd deal wit it.now wen u guys were datin he told u u wer jst a galfriend nd u neva said anytin abt it or try to change him and make him work on his dress sense.if u did try all dis wuldn't be an issue nw dat u married.nw wah u nid to do is to help him get new clothings nd try to make him wear dem,in d proccess compliment him weneva he wears dem.alwayz make sure u do dis in luv cos datz all da rilly matters.i get d feelin u havin buh datz ur cross carry it wit all sense of responsibility.nd be grateful to God its even his dressing datz a problem for u nd some more serious issues.all d best ma'am
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by FuckYouToo: 10:00am On Jan 09, 2017
stanleykoko:

Hello protegesol aka freakypinky, FuckYouToo, the scammer..
Seems you don't know when someone is just kidding.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by aiboss: 10:00am On Jan 09, 2017
Send your hubby's pix lets repackage him for you with photoshop grin Non_sense!
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Izen: 11:04am On Jan 09, 2017
lestat:
Now, this is the thing... Nobody cares, nobody was there when you said your vows so why should anyone give a single fúck?
Madam take your issues to a counselor or the divorce court if you are too brain dead to work things out.
I mean I have seen couples have issues over more serious matters like finances, infidelity, abuse but this ?
You need a psychologist

GTFO

You know this is a major issue if she doesn't fine her husband sexy right? Please don't undermine someone's struggles unless you've walked in their shoes.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Izen: 11:06am On Jan 09, 2017
lestat:

Here's the thing you are clearly not cut out for marriage if your issue with your hubby is his preference for Gran daddy shirts over a hawes and Curtis .

Grow up get help work on your insecurity, this is an indication of a deep rooted inferiority complex on your part ...

And seriously don't bug me again

Shut the fuc.k up!!

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Izen: 11:10am On Jan 09, 2017
mcdokwe:
You didn't do your work well as a girlfriend and you aren't doing it well as a wife either. Rather than gross about his dress sense, I will suggest you step up and assume responsibility for his wardrobe. I hope you are not the type that would say you're not a washing machine and watch him do his laundry?

I had a girlfriend (can't believe I can't stop talking about this girl) who wouldn't let me leave the house if I wasn't dressed as she deems good enough, she would follow me to the salon and insist on a particular haircut as against my idgaf mola, even though I pretended I didn't care, I enjoyed it and saw where she was coming from. So swerrie, there are better ways to make a statement, you can do that by dressing him up, it will definitely add romance to the marriage. If you're not very bouyant, make savings and get at least a pair of trousers and shirts that meet the way you want him to dress, make him admire himself in the mirror and watch if he would love to go back to the way he used to dress. Thank you as you make effort to become a perfect help meet.

What is the big deal about a man doing his laundry? My day still does good laundry till today and no one has ever bitched about it in my house. He's cool with it, he is still married to my mum. And that doesn't mean my mum doesn't influence his dress sense. Not every problem is a woman's fault biko.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by richyblink1(m): 11:39am On Jan 09, 2017
Showing or teaching one how to dress is practical not a talking thing.

For over 5 years now i can't remember my better half shoping for herself aiside from underwear and stuffs.
In fact even the chops we patronise know we don't come for shopping without each other. Else it will be me doing the shopping alone.

Get more practical with his clothings

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by stanleykoko: 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
FuckYouToo:

Seems you don't know when someone is just kidding.

Seems you don't know that scamming, stalking, cheating and blackmailing people are crimes.

Your luck will soon run out. Just keep on.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by happyday: 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
lilyheaven:

Oh I wish,
I bought them with my money , for his money, I couldn't explain, thou I suspected his family.
I don't look into a guy pocket, I was looking for love.
But my elder sister ended up with a man that left all the responsibility for her, starting from school fees, house rent, feeding and clothing,
Sometimes I wonder what he does with his Money.
You see, I didnt want to be like my sister.
Oh yeah, sorry for misquoting you. My bad. Hope you've found the one?
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by lilyheaven: 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
Yer
happyday:

Oh yeah, sorry for misquoting you. My bad. Hope you've found the one?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Bishops10(m): 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
PaperLace:
I understand your concern_ it shows you care. I've seen women who don't care as long as it doesn't affect her own look.
Some men are like that, a woman would know the whole colour wheel (including cockroach brown and custard yellow) while a man is okay knowing just primary colours.

You say you have been correcting him? How did you correct him? We're dealing with a grown man here_ he has been dressing that way without seeing anything wrong in it, approach is very important. Don't insult him in the process, first compliment the quality, colour or fitting..."Shugar I love this shirt, the stripes are cool BUT it would have gone better with a carton-coloured-pants or brown shoes".

Most times they have a mental picture of how they wanna look, but they don't know how to SHOP.
You have to put in work, it's not by saying "hey, I hate your dressing, it embarrasses me"_ WHAT EFFORT HAVE YOU PUT IN, ASIDE THE USUAL TALK-TALK-TALK?

A long time ago, my man was such a rigid dresser_ always so officially dressed like we were going for a meeting. On my part, I loved the whole yipee dressing.
WHAT DID I DO? I bought him 1 or 2 wears first, I remember the look on his face when I got him tan brogues. 'Told him I wanna follow him when next he's shopping. We got there and I influenced his choices.

Now that I have more disposable income, I handle his closet, down to his briefs. I have specific tailors for natives,office/casual trousers and shirts. I know all his measurements down to his shoes. When we are watching TV, he says "see that clothe/shoe, I like it"...I quickly take a pic, go source for the material or a look alike and that's it. He doesn't know what they sell at School Rd, Ariaria, Kent...etc, his own is to wear and receive compliments. I don't have a problem with that, I am okay with him looking like 'my man'.

His dress sense now is 99.9%, everybody is happy now wink.
Please, note that you do not have to spend millions to dress well, you only need to know the right places to shop.
Try this, come back and buy me any whisky.

I'll edit if I remember anything else.
May God continue to give you wisdom for a blessed Marriage and may I marry a virtuous woman like you.

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by uzolexis(f): 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
uzoexcel:
Make my wife be like u o..that dress sense thing...n.a. issue o

you that can't dress fancy to save your life......take pointers from Uzondu
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by mcdokwe(m): 10:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
Izen:

What is the big deal about a man doing his laundry? My day still does good laundry till today and no one has ever bitched about it in my house. He's cool with it, he is still married to my mum. And that doesn't mean my mum doesn't influence his dress sense. Not every problem is a woman's fault biko.
ayam not saying it is the woman's fault o? But obviously, the man isn't seeing it as a problem and since the woman does otherwise, ayam helping her seek a solution for the problem she has seen mbok?
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by AntiWailer: 9:02am On Jan 10, 2017
Worriedwife:

No, I am not!

Just today 10 Jan 2017, She got me a new trouser yesterday.
She made sure I wore it this morning by selecting it and guess the words as I entered my car

"Babe, I am tripping for u. This trouser is so smart on u"

I told her "thanks for my trouser God bless u"

My driver was even teasing me that I am lucky. I simply told him yes but I won't be this lucky if I came home drunk last night or if I beat her up.

My sister, u av no issues. U are so in charge of this. Just get into action. If hubby is worth it.
Like I added I one of the posts, take over his laundry. Let him just wear and u find a way to sort out the washing.

If he uses a dry cleaner be d one to give it to them and collect it. If it is washing machine just help him out.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by princevinco(m): 1:31am On Jan 11, 2017
My sister, thank God people are eager to help by so many pieces of advice. However, as a marriage counselor, I wish to say that there are some of the advice that if you implement, it could crash your marriage. Equally, there are some of the advice that if you implement you will surely end up regretting in future, like the advice that said that you should divorce him.

As a woman, your problem is a mindset, if you change your mindset about him, many things will equally change about him. Moreover, you have a great role to play regarding the way he appears to the public as you are his mirror. So those who said that you should buy him clothes are right.

My wife does it a lot as she does remove clothes she doesn't like me to be wearing from my wardrobe. Most time, I may like to appear casual but my wife will refuse and will herself select the clothes she wants me to wear. So form the habit of helping to select the clothes you want him to wear. Clothes that make him look somehow when he wears them, try and remove them from his wardrobe. Learn to be proud of him.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 23, 2017
Worriedwife. Just buy him the kind of clothes you'd want him to wear. Start small, but don't throw his old stuffs away. Slowly replace them as he starts to wear the new ones you are getting for him. If you throw it away, he might not take it funny.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by alizma: 11:33am On Aug 27, 2021
Worriedwife:

I need practical solutions. Thank you all

To start with, I am married and in the same city with you guys. Having said that, I want you to do a home work on his income and responsibilities. Are there pressing demands on him because some caring individuals can be happy meeting other people's need than stressing themselves to by for themselves things they have money to buy.
Secondly I want to assure you that irrespective of the course, he will adjust in PH, all you need to do is make out time for the family to occasionally, preferably on weekend, visit pleasure park. Initially you are going to be more embarrassed because you are going to see many well dressed people with their families while your husband choose to be different but don't let him notice your disappointment, over time he will gradually want to be like other family. Then on your part, if you have some money to spare by some clothes for him, don't buy like 3 at once, you can start with a trouser and top and you say something like this, white top and black trousers look good on you. The last time you wore that your bright color shirt and the other black trousers, it was great on you and I was really proud walking by your side as your wife, then end it up with some jokes irrespective of his response. Just like the ladies, sometimes to get a man to do your wish, you need to see him like your son that you want to something done and at the same time you don't want to hurt his feelings in the process.
On where to get clothes are a relative cheap or affordable price, you need to state your area and probably state your average expect price for a shirt or trouser because what Mr A considers as cheap may actually turn out to be something expensive to Mr B. Success
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Worriedwife: 11:35am On Aug 27, 2021
alizma:

To start with, I am married and in the same city with you guys. Having said that, I want you to do a home work on his income and responsibilities. Are there pressing demands on him because some caring individuals can be happy meeting other people's need than stressing themselves to by for themselves things they have money to buy.
Secondly I want to assure you that irrespective of the course, he will adjust in PH, all you need to do is make out time for the family to occasionally, preferably on weekend, visit pleasure park. Initially you are going to be more embarrassed because you are going to see many well dressed people with their families while your husband choose to be different but don't let him notice your disappointment, over time he will gradually want to be like other family. Then on your part, if you have some money to spare by some clothes for him, don't buy like 3 at once, you can start with a trouser and top and you say something like this, white top and black trousers look good on you. The last time you wore that your bright color shirt and the other black trousers, it was great on you and I was really proud walking by your side as your wife, then end it up with some jokes irrespective of his response. Just like the ladies, sometimes to get a man to do your wish, you need to see him like your son that you want to something done and at the same time you don't want to hurt his feelings in the process.
On where to get clothes are a relative cheap or affordable price, you need to state your area and probably state your average expect price for a shirt or trouser because what Mr A considers as cheap may actually turn out to be something expensive to Mr B. Success

It has been four years. It has been resolved

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 02, 2021
Worriedwife:

It has been four years. It has been resolved
Hahaha. This woman sef!
'it has been resolved' I find this whole thread funny. You really wanted to make us laugh, or you were seriously worried that your sex appeal for your husband was diminishing by the day.
Anyway, just saw you viewing my post about my Mama's b-day. So that's how I landed here on your thread. Just incase u were wondering how I saw this now dead thread of yours.
But you were funny...I could have sworn I thought you were just being a troll with the whole husband thing. Glad it has been resolved sha. You are no longer a
'Worriedwife ' I guess. If we could change our monikers more than once, right? Yeah...that feeling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Don't risk marriage with these set of people / Nigerian Dad Politely Rejects His Daughter’s N10k Father’s Day Gift (Video) / Girl Smashed Her Birthday Cake On Her Mother's Face In Revenge (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.