Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/01/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/01/17 (672 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/01/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/01/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/01/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/01/17 by dallyemmy: 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.

DATE: MONDAY 9TH JANUARY 2017.

THEME: TAKE THIS RIDE!

Memorise:

The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself. Proverbs 11:25

Read: Proverbs 11:24-26

11:24 There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.

11:25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

11:26 He that withholdeth corn, the people shall curse him: but blessing shall be upon the head of him that selleth it. Proverbs

For all those who have received the gift of righteousness through the finished work of Calvary, the design of God for our lives is that we live by His favour. The psalmist spoke prophetically about this in Psalm 5:12:
"For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield."

The reality of this was manifested in the life of our Lord Jesus Christ (Luke 2:52), and the early church also experienced the same (Acts 2:47). However, there are some keys that unlock the door to experiencing God's favour. One of these keys is found in today's Bible reading, which says:
"The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself" Proverbs 11:25

Before you can access the fatness and abundance you desire from heaven, you must first learn to give to the Lord what you treasure: your best and your all. This is what brings about the difference in results experienced by a person living by God's favour and a person living by labour; one is definitely easier to achieve than the other. Towards the end of a particular year, one of my sons preached on the difference between labour and favour. He cited two examples: Jacob and Isaac. According to him, when Jacob wanted a wife he laboured for 14years before he could get his heartthrob, but when Isaac wanted to marry, he just went on a stroll. One laboured but the other was favoured. I have decided to enjoy divine favour. I am tired of labouring. I want to continually live in the realm of divine favour, and to do so, I will sow as I have never done before, because favour responds to the law of harvest.

Are you not tired of increase dependent on labour? Why exert everything you have for several years to get a particular blessing, when you can pay a little price through sowing and still get great results in a shorter time, without much stress? One effective way of redeeming the time, as admonished in Ephesians 5:16, is to dump less effective methods for better, faster and less stressful ways of doing things. You are not redeeming the time when increase only through labour. This implies that so many things will have to wait until you have the strength to work for them. Why go by labour when you can rise on the wings of divine favour? Choose the vehicle to your place of destiny today!

Action Point:

The price you pay to ride a flight by favour, through sowing seeds, is far cheaper than what you have to pay through labour.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Matthew 18-19
Isaiah 7:10-25

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE.

HYMN 8: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

1. "Great is Thy faithfulness,"
O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not,
Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been
Thou forever wilt be.

Chorus:
"Great is Thy faithfulness!"
"Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed
Thy hand hath provided,
"Great is Thy faithfulness,"
Lord, unto me!

2. Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

3. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/01/17 by dallyemmy: 7:55am On Jan 09, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens, ( Monday, January 9th, 2017) - TAKE THIS RIDE!
1.Thank you Father, for making me a candidate and beneficiary of the finished work of grace at Calvary.
2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, have mercy and forgive me.
3.Father, in anyway, l have used your resources in my hand to oppress the poor and the needy, please, have mercy and forgive me.
4.Father, please, give me a large heart and a liberal soul.
5.Father, perfume my life with the irresistible, aroma of your favour and let men and angels, be compelled to help me, this year.
6.I refuse to work like an elephant and eat like an ant, this year, in Jesus' name.
7.Father, let every power that makes a man to labour, without having anything to show for it, be paralysed, in my life, in Jesus' name.
8.Father, position me this year by your grace and mercy, to always be at the right place, at the right time, in Jesus name.
9.Father, let men, women and children, go out of their ways to favour me this year, in Jesus' name.
10.Father, help me to sow good and bountiful seeds, into your kingdom this year, that l may experience divine favour and labour less.
11.Father, let every spirit of unprofitable hard work and toil, in my life, be consumed by your fire, in Jesus' name.
12.Your Personal Petitions. (Phil 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.(John 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers. (1 Thes 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Apostle Johnson Suleiman Saga (my Take) / Can Luke 6:27-37 Be Applicable In This 21st Century. / The God That Fled From Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.