Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,274 members, 7,957,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:30 PM

What Is The Role Of Local Government Council In Road Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Role Of Local Government Council In Road Development (387 Views)

I Have Fulfilled My 2015 Promise On Road Development – Buhari / Inside The Nigeria Legislative Council In 1940(pics) / Femi Falana Involved In Road Accident, Breaks His Leg, Threatens To Sue FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Role Of Local Government Council In Road Development by Teewhy2: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
Can someone help me with the role of local government councils in terms of road and infrastructural development in the local areas.
I noticed that apart from Lagos where we have L.G.A/L.C.D.A which construct 3-6 street roads in their area each year, most L.G.A in other states are just a way of compensating the Governor political allies by allowing them collect government salaries while they are just like a camouflage in office.
Most local government appointees don't even have a functional office to work from, in some states the staff's only come to work when it is time to receive salaries while their chairman stays in the state capital.
I have been a bit close to ogun state due to its proximity to Lagos state but hardly will you see a local government road project, most of the road construction is by the state on state and federal road, with this type of attitude hardly will development gets to many rural places in terms of road.
So I will want to know if it is the duty of Local government to construct roads and drainage in their rural area and that which states have done well in this aspect

(1) (Reply)

War Not Over After Boko Haram Ousted From Forest Bastion(what Do You Think?) / The REAL MASSOB And IPOB Are United / Sen. Ekweremadu - I Am Not Contemplating On Leaving Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.