Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

HELP! A Blank Slate Needs Meaningful Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HELP! A Blank Slate Needs Meaningful Advice (653 Views)

If My Life Was A Blank Canvas, What Would I Write On It / Why Is My JAMB Caps Admission Status Blank (see Solution Here) / Why Is My JAMB Caps Admission Status Blank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! A Blank Slate Needs Meaningful Advice by Bubblefairy(f): 1:21am On Jan 09, 2017
Assuming I am a blank slate right now, I need academic and professional advice on how to further my education.
Im a HND graduate of chemistry and graduated with upper credit, completed my NYSC already, I want to weigh my options and choose the best. I have made some research but I'm choosing to be a blank slate for now.
If im not being too much of a bother, I need tested and trusted ways on how I can further my education either Nigeria or overseas. Thanks
Re: HELP! A Blank Slate Needs Meaningful Advice by yomi007k(m): 1:31am On Jan 09, 2017
wink

Dear blankslate,

Sweet heart wat u need is a job n experience. ...

U cud go for some masters in ....chemistry related or any areas in high demand.

The labour market now respect practical problem solvers to paper certificate. ....its all abt wat u can do or offer.

Re: HELP! A Blank Slate Needs Meaningful Advice by menxer: 6:11am On Jan 09, 2017
You are an HND graduate and still assume to be a blank slate?
Great.
Re: HELP! A Blank Slate Needs Meaningful Advice by Bubblefairy(f): 8:56am On Jan 09, 2017
menxer:
You are an HND graduate and still assume to be a blank slate?
Great.

The first paragraph in my post reads, ASSUMING I AM A BLANK SLATE.........
According to Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, the word assuming means: used to suppose that something is true so that you can talk about what the results might be. Eg Assuming he is still alive, how old would he be now? This means he is not alive but how old would he be if he was still alive
Do you now get it
If I say 'assuming I am a blank slate....' Does that mean I am a blank slate? That was why the word ASSUMING is present in the first line of the first paragraph.
I graduated with Distinction in ND, and Upper Credit in HND and i have awards to show for it.
If you read further, i stated specifically that i had made researchs already but i need advice to make the right judgements.
A discerning mind would have interpreted my post thus:
Should I go for HND conversion to Bsc?
Should I go for a post graduate diploma?
Should I go for Masters directly.
Should I further in Nigeria or abroad.
My point being; even if my research can fill up 6 A4 papers, its nothing compared to those with experience and those that are in the system.
Re: HELP! A Blank Slate Needs Meaningful Advice by Bubblefairy(f): 9:17am On Jan 09, 2017
yomi007k:
wink

Dear blankslate,

Sweet heart wat u need is a job n experience. ...

U cud go for some masters in ....chemistry related or any areas in high demand.

The labour market now respect practical problem solvers to paper certificate. ....its all abt wat u can do or offer.

Thanks alot. I have already joined the thousands of Nigerian youths seeking to be gainfully employed right (right now, the jobs/vacancies section on nairaland is my favorite).
But at the same time, I want to further, I may do it this year or even postpone it to next year or next two years self, but it all depends on preparation and sound decision-making.
Most importantly is comparing facts and figures and cutting ones coat according to ones size or material as the case applies.
Seriously focused on job search for now but the furthering of education is vehemently on my must-do list.
Re: HELP! A Blank Slate Needs Meaningful Advice by menxer: 10:10am On Jan 09, 2017
Bubblefairy:

The first paragraph in my post reads, ASSUMING I AM A BLANK SLATE.........
According to Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, the word assuming means: used to suppose that something is true so that you can talk about what the results might be. Eg Assuming he is still alive, how old would he be now? This means he is not alive but how old would he be if he was still alive
Do you now get it
If I say 'assuming I am a blank slate....' Does that mean I am a blank slate? That was why the word ASSUMING is present in the first line of the first paragraph.
I graduated with Distinction in ND, and Upper Credit in HND and i have awards to show for it.
If you read further, i stated specifically that i had made researchs already but i need advice to make the right judgements.
A discerning mind would have interpreted my post thus:
Should I go for HND conversion to Bsc?
Should I go for a post graduate diploma?
Should I go for Masters directly.
Should I further in Nigeria or abroad.
My point being; even if my research can fill up 6 A4 papers, its nothing compared to those with experience and those that are in the system.

1) You have an ND and HND
2) You have done researches.
3) Meaning something is written on the slate based on 1 & 2
4) assuming the slate is blank negates 1 & 2
5) since 4 is true, I suggest you get a FSLC/WAEC, which will take you on a journey or process to 1.
Re: HELP! A Blank Slate Needs Meaningful Advice by Bubblefairy(f): 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
menxer:

1) You have an ND and HND
2) You have done researches.
3) Meaning something is written on the slate based on 1 & 2
4) assuming the slate is blank negates 1 & 2
5) since 4 is true, I suggest you get a FSLC/WAEC, which will take you on a journey or process to 1.
Noted. Thanks
Re: HELP! A Blank Slate Needs Meaningful Advice by dingbang(m): 6:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
How market?

(1) (Reply)

Working To Live Or Living To Work? ~ Prince Ea / Synergy Professionals-acca Lectures In Port Harcourt / Jamb 2017: How To Create A New Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.